A chaebol who washes the dishes

Dating the King of Jerks

Chapter 25: A chaebol who washes the dishes.

 

I was walking on the street. People were staring at me but I didn’t care. I stopped at a little coffee shop. There was a newspaper shelf. I read one of the newspapers headlines: “Jo Youngmin, ex-member of Boyfriend, cancelled his wedding”. Yes, Ji Eun’s mother didn’t hesitate in making it public. She wanted to ruin the reputation of my father’s company.

My stomach growled. I was hungry. I hadn’t eaten since the last day and I didn’t have money. Yes, my mother was serious. She blocked my bank accounts and took the cash from my wallet.

Also, she burnt my precious clothes collection. Do you know how much that hurt me? My expensive and luxury clothes made by the world’s most talented designers were burnt in front of my eyes. I almost cried at that scene. It was so sad.

She kicked me out of home and told me not to come back, that I wasn’t her son anymore. My mother actually did that to me. My heart was destroyed, but I couldn’t even imagine a life without Kim Sumi. Those three years seemed like an eternity to me.

I didn’t have money and the sun was setting. I didn’t have a place to stay and the wind was flowing fiercely.

“Stupid Piggy Mushroom. It’s all your fault” I muttered while I rubbed my hands to keep warm.

Who would imagine I would end like this? Poor, hungry and dirty. Yes, I need a ing bath with French body wash lotion. But hey! I’m poor now!

“Young Master” I heard someone said.

I looked over and found one of the maids that worked at my parent’s house. It was difficult for me to recognize her because she wasn’t wearing her penguin black & white uniform.

“Hi!” I smiled glad to see her.

“Your brother told me to give you this.” She gave me an envelope.

“He can’t go out because Mrs. Jo won’t let him. But he’s very worried about Young Master. Please be careful, the Mrs. is watching the 24/7 what Young Master is doing. It’s supposed that your brother shouldn’t borrow you money. So, no one can know this”

“Yeah, thank you” I smiled.

“Please take care, Young Master. We are very worried about your safety” the girl pursed her lips.

“I’ll do it. Don’t worry. And thank you for everything, for risking your job for helping me” I shrugged.

The maid left. I opened the envelope. It had some cash. It was enough to rent a hotel room for a night. It had a note attached to it: ‘Hyung, please stay at a hotel tonight and eat. Tomorrow meet me at Boyfriend’s apartment. Take care’

I smiled. Well, at least Kwangmin was on my side. After all, he wasn’t that stubborn. He was just so perfect to be true, but anyway, he was helping me now.

I went to the closest grocery store and bought a cup of ramen with a bottle of water. I was dying of hunger and thirst. After feeding my stomach, I walked looking for a great hotel to stay.

“Excuse me, is there any room available?” I asked the receptionist lady with a flashing smile. She looked kind of familiar to me.

“Of course sir” she smiled nervously.

“Ok. Please give me a room for tonight. It’s really cold outside” I said nicely.

“Yes, it is. Please just fill this form with your information”

“Sure” I took the pen and filled out the form.

The girl offered me a cup of coffee while she was processing my information in her computer.

“Oppa… will you come back to Boyfriend?” she suddenly muttered.

Her question hit my heart. I missed my friends so much. The five of them were like my brothers, well, Kwangmin is my brother actually. Even though I never thanked them for everything and I was rude with them, they would always forgive me and encourage me. But now they should probably hate me for betraying them and abandoning them. We promised we would stay together and I broke that promise. They would probably never forgive me.

My fans were destroyed when they knew that I was going to separate from Boyfriend. They cried and felt so bad. I didn’t like that. They were so sweet and supportive all the time, even when I failed to them.

“I don’t know. I wish I could. Let’s pray for making the other members forgive this stupid Oppa”

“Oh! I’m sure they will. You guys are like family” she said confident.

“It’s more complicated. But I’ll try my best to win their forgiveness” I smiled.

“Yes Oppa, don’t give up. Remember we’ll always support you no matter what”

“Thank you for your words. I didn’t expect it at all. But honestly, right now you’re my strength. The fans support is my strength. So please don’t give up either. Fighting!”

I went to my room and plopped onto bed. I smiled. The fan’s encouragement made me feel better definitely but I knew tomorrow I had to confront the members, and I didn’t know if they would forgive me for everything.

And what about Sumi? I couldn’t wait to see her. But what if she had found out someone else? There are obviously better guys than me. That thought hit my heart. Would she think about me as much as I think about her?

She just randomly pops out in my head like popcorn all the time. And she also appears in my dreams every night. I dream about her and about us being together and happy. It was almost impossible to get her out of my mind. She was there always.

“I’m so stupid!” I ruffled my hair in frustration.

She would probably have gone on with her life living happily and had moved on about her feelings, but I was there thinking about her after three years. I was there wishing she could forgive me for all the pain I caused her and asking for another chance.

I was there, dreaming about us even though now it seemed so impossible. If I had just hold her when I could. If I had just turned around and got lost in her sweet and little brown eyes, if I hadn’t cared so much about money, if I had been just a little bit more mature, if I just hadn’t been that selfish, if I had just known it was love… I would have kissed her and never let her go.

But that night, I was the most stupid man on earth. I let her hand go. I didn’t hold her back. I suppressed my feelings because ‘I had to do it’. I kept repeating those words every time I hurt her. I was so afraid of hurting her, but I ended doing it anyway.

Tears continued falling without stopping. Yes, who would say that? Jo Youngmin is crying for a dumb girl. But I was just so angry at myself because I hurt her, and all because of my weakness, because I was so scared of loving someone.

The next day I woke up and took a quick shower. I went to Boyfriend’s apartment as Kwangmin told me. I knocked the door. Donghyun hyung opened.

“You’re not welcomed here and you know it” he said with a poker face. I gulped.

“Is Kwangmin home?” I asked. His words hurt me but I pretended they didn’t.

“Kwangmin, your brother came” he shouted.

Kwangmin came and said hi. He was still wearing his Pikachu pajamas. He rubbed his puffed eyes cutely.

“Hyung! How are you?” he smiled.

“Fine, I guess” I shrugged. “They won’t forgive me, will they?”

“They actually don’t talk to me right now because I’m helping you” he scratched his neck.

“What? C’mon! We’re not kids anymore. They should grow up” I rolled my eyes.

“Hyung, you know it wasn’t easy for us to go on as a group of five members after you left”

“Do you think I can come back?”

“It will take time, so they can forgive you” Kwangmin sighed.

“Yes, I guess I’ll have to be patient.”

“Have you seen her?” Kwangmin smirked.

“Who? Sumi? Kwangmin, I was more worried about eating yesterday. The hunger was killing me” I chuckled.

“Yeah, you’re right. Our mother was so crazy about it. I can’t use my credit cards to help you. If she finds out I’m helping you, she’ll also cut my resources”

“Are you serious?” I exclaimed.

“Yes. And she’s watching all my movements, so I can’t help you that much from now on” Kwangmin lowered his head.

“You have to be kidding me! What will I do? Do I have to live as a beggar now?”

“Don’t be over dramatic. I have some cash saved here just in case. You can rent an apartment with that for now and buy some food. But it’s not that much, so don’t expect a place with luxuries as you’re used to. Also, you should consider getting a part time job”

“Yeah, I’ll try to find a job. This . I don’t even have clothes to wear” I growled.

“Do you have some money left from what I lent you yesterday?” he asked me.

“Mmm… nope”

“Hyung! Where did you stay last night?” he whined.

“At the Hilton’s” I answered.

“Are you serious?” he widened his eyes.

“Hey! I didn’t know mom would cut your resources too.” I shrugged.

“Ok. I’ll try to rent an apartment to you since the guys don’t want you to stay here with us and I will give you some clothes. But you should find a job”

Kwangmin went in and looked from some clothes. I have to say they were awful. My brother likes wearing hip hop clothes. It just looks so bad. But anyway, it’s not like I have a choice. I should be thankful he’s helping me.

“Thank you so much Kwangmin”

“You don’t have to thank me. You’re my brother. Although you never liked me, you know I’m always going to be there for you”

“I have to go. I’d better find a job today” I sighed.

“Hyung… You’re brave. You confronted mom and convinced her to make me stay in Boyfriend. You’re my hero” he said. I turned to him and smiled weakly.

I walked away finding myself on the streets again. ! I needed to find a job and didn’t have idea of what I should do. My mind was more focused in finding Piggy Mushroom. But that wasn’t an option for now.

I stopped at a coffee shop. They had a vacant there, so I thought about asking for the job. I walked in and a woman on her thirties greeted me grinning.

“Good morning! Welcome to Gwiyomi Coffee Shop.” She said.

“Good morning. I wanted to ask about the vacant here” I smiled back.

“Oh! Yes, we have a vacancy for a waiter. And I would be glad to have you on our team. With your looks you can help us to get some customers”

“Yes, I can help you to bring new customers. I used to be a kpop idol” I said confident.

“Ha! Yeah, sure…” she scoffed not believing it.

“It’s true. I used to be part of Boyfriend. One of the twins.” I tilted my head. She frowned.

“Maybe you weren’t that famous” she made fun of me. Or maybe you are too old stupid ajumma? 

“We were kind of famous though. So I can help to get the girls’ attention promoting outside” I tried to calm my rude temperament.

“Ok. Go outside and prove me you can do it. If you get this place full, the job is yours. But first, go to wash the dishes” she said and went to the little office that was at my left.

Wash the dishes? Seriously? I don’t do that kind of dirty job. Argh! Kim Sumi! This is your fault. I knew I shouldn’t have fallen for you.

“Hi! So, you’re my new partner. I’m Sungmin. Nice to meet you” a boy with a nice smile and brown hair greeted me.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Youngmin” I smiled back. He looked friendly.

“Can you help me to wash the dishes? I’m a bit hurried now” he passed me an apron.

“Yeah… sure” ! The stupid ajumma was talking serious.

I took a cup not knowing how to wash it properly. Don’t judge me. I used to be a chaebol. I always had maids to do all this kind of work. And when I became an idol, Hyunseong would always do it because he’s just so kind.

So, I imitated Sugmin’s movements. I guess I looked pretty stupid at that moment but who cares.

“Oh! They came!” Sungmin exclaimed in a high pitched voice.

“Who came?” I asked puzzled drying my wet hands with a towel.

“Our frequent customers” he flashed a smile.

He walked out of the kitchen jumping of happiness. He was a little weird. I stayed at the kitchen’s door frame curious about the “frequent customers” Sungmin was so excited about. Were they famous people? I took a look and froze.

Oh ! It’s Piggy Mushroom and her stupid dork mousey friend. My breath stopped for a moment. I couldn’t believe it. Kim Sumi was there. And not only that, she was wearing makeup and a dress! A freaking dress! And her hair was long and beautifully combed. She was so pretty, having fun with another guy. I was freaking out.

Sweat filled my forehead and I swept it away with the back of my hand. My heart pounded so hard when I looked at her. I had been waiting for that moment so badly. I really wanted to see her. And she was there, right in front of my eyes, but she couldn’t see me.

I knew I had to go there and say hi. But would that be appropriate? I mean, she was with Changbum. What if he is her boyfriend now? That can be really possible. After all, I left for three years, anything could have happened. I was going crazy.

“Are you okay?” Sungmin tilted his head.

“No, I’m not” I pursed my lips. “The frequent customers, I know them. She’s my ex-girlfriend. Well, something like that. The thing is I still like her” I shrugged.

“Oh! But don’t worry Youngminnie. They aren’t a couple. They are just friends” he patted my shoulder.

“Really? How do you know it?” I widened my eyes.

“Changbum hyung told me. He’s in love with her though… but he said he’s not that confident to confess. And that he thinks she loves someone else”

I gulped. That meant I still had a chance. But the last sentence hit me. If she loves someone else, that ‘someone’ isn’t me obviously. It has to be someone else. Aish! The doubt and nervousness was killing me. Hey! Wait, I’m Jo Youngmin. I’m a real man. I’m confident enough to go for it. I mean, I lost everything for her. I can’t lose her now. And I waited for this opportunity for so long. No matter what, I’ll make her fall for me again. After all, she can’t forget me that easily.

I walked to her direction. And yes, I was so ing nervous but I had to do it. I had to have the courage to go and greet her, to make her know I was there again in her life and I wasn’t going to go away that easily.

“Hey Piggy! Did you miss me?” I smirked putting away all the nervousness from my face; looking cool, as always, with my hands in my pockets.

She looked at me wide eyed. She was shocked, like if she had seen a ghost. Her cute brown eyes looked at me trembling and she gulped. She really didn’t expect me to be there.

“Aren’t you going to say hi? How have you been? You look great” I smiled, trying to start a conversation. She scoffed.

“I can’t believe it” she said with a poker face.

“Yes, I just came back to the city. Who would say we would meet?” I chuckled nervous biting my bottom lip. She stood up from her seat and glared at me crossing her arms.

“Shut up. Did you really think I was going to greet you with a smile and welcome you with open arms and flowers? You’re so wrong. After all what you did to me, Jo Youngmin, I just wish I’d never see you again. Good bye” she walked away leaving me panicking on my insides.

-------------------------------------------------

So, I’m back after a while.

What do you think about this chapter? I think Sumi’s response was kind of obvious. Youngmin hurt her so badly.

But now, Youngmin left everything for her. He’s even poor now and has to work like normal people xD

What should he do?

Do you like Youngmin’s POV’s? Ok, too many questions for today.

Thanks for reading!

Ppyong!