Birthday Oneshot for Minah (welcome-to-on-crack-exo-zoo)

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

Happy Birthday Minah! I hope you have an amazing birthday today! :) Happy Holidays to you and your family~ <3

 

On your birthday

 

 

"The food's coming in 20 minutes." Xiumin ended his call with the Korean Restaurant nearby. "I'll go set up the drinks and paper plates, utensils."

"I'll go with you!" Tao followed him.

"We're done with our part on decorations." Kris and Lay said as they gathered the plastic bags into a corner.

"Thank you hyungs for helping me with the surprise birthday party, even though it's a short notice. I didn't know that Minah was coming to Seoul. I thought she was kidding."

Sehun could breathe at ease, for a second. He saw Chen, Kyungsoo, and Kai playing with the balloons.

"Now's not the time to play around, hyungs." Sehun scowled.

"But it's fun, isn't it?" Chen said with his helium-filled voice. (?)

"Instead of doing that, how about blowing a few more balloons." he ordered, handing Chen and Kyungsoo a few more unopened packages of balloons.

 

"Chanbaek has arrived!" Baekhyun and Chanyeol chimed, arms linked together.

"You've got the candles too, right?" Sehun asked even before checking the bag.

"Of course we did. Baekhyun even bought some other sweets." Chanyeol proudly opened the other bag that he was carrying to show Sehun a bag full of sweets.

 

"Guys, they'll be here in five minutes." Suho informed the group.

"This is your first time meeting her, are you nervous?" Luhan patted his back.

Before Sehun could say anything, Chanyeol chimed in.

"The girl that he likes is coming to Korea, of course our maknae is nervous, am I right? Huh huh?" Chanyeol nudged him.

Sehun's face turned a light shade of pink. He changed the subject, "W-wait, who's in charge of singing?" he asked the group.

Baekhyun stepped out, clearing his throat, "Of course it's me."

Kyungsoo jokingly pushed Baekhyun back.

Lay, Luhan, and Chen will be singing the Chinese version of the birthday song, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Suho will be singing the Korean Version. Kris gets to do a solo and sing in English, while the others do adlibs.

"Okay okay, let's quiet down you guys. It's a surprise for God's sakes. Quiet down!" Xiumin hollered.

"Calm down, Oh Sehun. Don't make a fool out of yourself in front of Minah. Just act calm." he advised himself as the eleven members waited for the birthday girl and duizhang.

 

The members could hear Kris and Minah's voices down the hall. "The kids should be in one of these rooms. I told them that you were going to drop by. I guess they're too busy rehearsing for the year end special performances."

"What is he saying?" Luhan whispered.

"I don't know. Something about special performance." Kai shrugged.

 

"Are you sure it's alright? I don't want to intru-"

"Surprise!" they exclaimed.

"Your expression was priceless, Minah!" Chen pointed out.

Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Suho started singing first, Luhan, Chen, and Lay chimed in as soon as they finished their Korean version.

"And finally..." Kris cleared his throat. He started singing the English version of the birthday song to Minah.

After that, the Exo members took turns on giving Minah her birthday gifts.

"Ah, we've also prepared something else for you. Our additional gift to you." Baekhyun skipped towards his backpack and retrieved his phone.

Both Kris and Tao moved the table over towards the corner of the room.

 

"You're the first person to see us perform our upcoming song, Minah." Sehun happily said.

Her eyes widened, "What? Are you serious?"

"Uh" Sehun nodded. He hurried to his position.

The birthday girl looked at Exo in awe as they performed their new song.

After the performance was over,

"Thank you you guys. This is the best present that I've received thus far."

"Is our Minah crying? Come here." Chanyeol had his arms wide open.

"Psh, I'm not crying" she blinked back her tears of happiness. "It's just, thank you. You guys are really sweet."

After a few hours of eating, talking, dancing, and singing, it was time for Minah go back to the hotel.

 

"Tell your friends and followers on tumblr that we will back really soon." Kris winked.

"But when though? You guys are killing me with this 'we will back soon' stuff." she frowned.

"It's a secret." Suho smiled.

"Ah, and we'll take care of your trip expenses next summer. Do well in school okay? Graduate as #1 at your school." Luhan ruffled her hair.

"If manager hyung lets us, we're definitely going to all hang out before you leave for the States okay?" Luhan was the last person to hug Minah.

Before she left, she handed out the handmade bracelets that she made for the Exo members.

Sehun insisted on taking Minah back to the hotel. "Here, I'll carry these for you." he grabbed the gifts, one by one.

 

The ride to the hotel was quiet and a bit awkward.

Minah was the first one to speak. "Don't forget to message me." she reminded him. "Ah, have you gotten used to tumblr yet?"

"I-I'm getting the hang of it, kind of." he rubbed the back of his neck.

They finally arrived at the hotel that she was staying in.

She smiled, "Well, hopefully, I'll see you again before I leave. Goodnight, Oh Sehun." she waved as she started heading towards the hotel's entrance.

"Wait!" he hurriedly unbuckled his seatbelt. He hastily got out of the taxi.

 "Huh?"

"Here's my additional gift to you." Sehun shyly handed over a small box to her. "Again, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas" he gave her a quick hug and hurried towards the taxi that was waiting for him.

As soon as she got back to her hotel room, Minah carefully placed Exo's gifts on her bed. The first gift that she opened was from Sehun.

Inside was a gold-stars necklace. There was a small bright blue note at the bottom of the box.

To the girl that I like with all my heart...because you shine bright like the stars, this necklace is for you. Ah, so embarrassing. Have a happy happy birthday, Minah. <3 

 

END

 

LOL sorry for my horrible writing cheesiness em. I hope you have a blast on your birthday! Ah, and Merry Christmas Eve to you and your family! <3