Another Try (Rachel Chastain)

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

by: 2pmvietguh

for: Rachel Chastain

Short Forewords-
What if you and I were to never have met? Would things have been better? My heart wouldn't have never been broken, right? Broken by a jerk who only cares for himself, never cared about anyone. Why is it that I'm so unfortunate to have met someone like you in the first place? Then falling for someone like you. I should've known better. A guy like you? You're so perfect. You would've thought that I fell for you because of your looks. But, you're wrong, I fell for you, everything about you. You were the nicest guy that I've ever met. But the longer we've been together, the more I got to know you. You're heartless, selfless, ego-maniac, harsh, need I go on? I want to find a way to erase you out of my life. So what can I do? When you decide to start over? Walking back into my life, wanting to start over? Really, what should I do?

___________________________________________________________________
New Year's Eve-

"Are you coming or not?" Rachel asked Kibum as she got ready for the New Year's Eve Party that her friend, Bom's throwing.

"Anya. You go. I don't feel like going" he said to her, as he flipped through the channels.

Today was her birthday, Kibum hasn't even said anything about it at all; it's as if he doesn't remember.

"It'll be fun. Why would you want to stay home?" she asked.

"I didn't say I'm staying home" Kibum pointed out.

She sighed. "So you just don't want to go with me-"

He ignored her and headed towards the kitchen.

She looked up, "Why do I insist to put up with this guy? Kim Kibum, I hate you, but I love you" she said quietly.

Before she left, she asked him again "You sure you're not coming?"

"Uh" he said.

"Fine" she said, and left.

Party-

She didn't get why he didn't want to come, because the guys were there.

Bom ran to her friend, and gave her a big hug. "Happy Birthday! I tried to find you in this crowd!"

"Thanks-" she sounded sad.

"Is what's his face being a jerk again?" Bom knows her friend too well. "Where is he anyway?"

"Home" Rachel told her.

"Does he even know it's your birthday today?" Bom wanted to know.

"I. .don't know. He didn't say anything. You know how he is" she tried to explain.

"Rachel, why do you insist on putting up with him? He's so cold to you" Bom said.

"Even I don't know why" Rachel replied.

"No. .Rachel, you said that he's at home?" Bom tried to confirm.

"Yeah. Why?" she asked.

"Look over there" Bom pointed out. He was with the guys and a couple of girls. He was dancing extremely close to one of the girls.

Rachel couldn't believe her eyes. So he lied to her. She was right, he just didn't want to go with her. She calmly walked over to where Kibum was. Bom followed behind. Rachel pushed the girl aside, she's now standing face to face with Kibum.

"What is this?" Rachel looked right into his eyes.

"What?" Kibum didn't know what she meant by that.

"Ya! Move! He's mine!" that girl yelled at Rachel, as she pushed Rachel towards the ground. Bom slapped that girl, "Who are you? Get out!" Bom signalled someone to her out. She helped her friend up.

"Oh. So you're hers?" she asked.

The guys were curious about this whole situation, they just stood behind, listening, eavesdropping if you may, to the conversation.

Kibum didn't say anything.

"Huh? Kim Kibum? Answer me!" she yelled.

He finally spoke, "You're making a fool of yourself". He didn't even make an attempt to explain to her that this was a total misunderstanding.

"A fool of myself-" she scoffed. She didn't want him to see her tears. "Ok. So I've tried to maintain this relationship, but it's not working at all. I'm done".

She hurriedly walked out of the party, tears uncontrollably falling down her cheeks. Wow, that's a good way to invite in the new year, it hadn't even struck 12:00 yet.

He didn't even bother chasing after her. He just stood there, dazed. He didn't even know what he have just done.

Slap. Bom slapped him. "Do you know how stupid you are Kim Kibum? How stupid!- Aigoo, why does she insist on continuing in loving you? Babo! It was her birhday today! Get out!" she kicked him out.

Kibum's thought- It was her birthday? I thought it passed. Rachel, I do care. I do love you, I just don't know why I continuously hurt you. I'm sorry.

He walked aimlessly on the quiet sidewalks. He's regretting it all now. Why did he act so cold towards her? Why does he act like he despises her, when he really loves her? Why can't he show his emotions?

"Wah. What was that all about?" Alexander wanted to know.

"They were a couple?" Dongho was surprised. "I didn't even know. They hide it so well. Wait, do you think Bom noona will kick us out too?"

"Who cares about the party. We should check on Kibum hyung" Kevin declared. They all left the party. Dongho lingered in his steps.

"Do we have to?" he wanted to stay.

"We're leaving you here then" Eli said.

"Fine. You guys have ruined my New Year" Dongho stated.

Kibum was nowhere to be found when the guys went outside. They decided to get back to the party.

A few blocks away-

Rachel also walked aimlessly on the quiet sidewalk. (opposite direction of Kibum) She's put up with his coldness, she's put up with his behavior, but now she's given up. Too many chances given, hinted, but none really taken. He doesn't even care about her. So why does she bother to love him?

Rachel's thought- I'm done, done with this so called love. Was this even a "love" at the beginning, or was it just me? One-sided love. That's right. Why didn't I think of that? He must be glad that it's over.

11:55 p.m.

Kibum continued to walk along that sidewalk, not knowing where or when he'll stop.

Rachel also was still walking along those quiet sidewalks. With tears falling continuously, she walked aimlessly without a designated location,

Kibum's POV- Did I lose her? Really lose her?

Rachel's POV- He must be so happy right now.

A few days later-

Kibum has crashed over at Eli's place for these past couple of days. He wanted Rachel to have some time to cool down. He didn't want to make things worse. He believed that Rachel would be ok now, so he decided to go home.

He slowly unlocked the door, hoping and praying that she's home. She's not. . . All of her belongings were gone. He didn't want this to be true. He called out her name, again and again. He found a pink note on the kitchen table:

"Don't worry. I've returned the spare key to the owner"

She's gone. .she's really gone.

He tried calling her. "The number that you have reached is not in service", over and over again. He tried to call Bom.

"Even if I hate you for treating her wrong. But really, I don't have her number. I've tried calling her too. Babo, she loves you" he slowly hung up.

He didn't know who else to call, he never paid attention as to who his girlfriend hung out with. He would've known where she's at if he had only paid attention.

Kibum's thoughts- Even if I want to tell you I love you, where are you?

1 Year 164 days-

That's how long he's been looking for her. Isn't it sad how when she's here, he doesn't care about her. But when she's left, he's gone crazy looking for her?

Meanwhile, on the other side of town-

"Congrats buddy.. . .on becoming one of the BEST selling novelists!" Bom said to her friend. "It's the thought that counts, remember that" she reminded her friend. She puts the fruit basket and cake on the coffee table.

"Thanks-" she said plainly.

"Please tell me, you're not thinking about him-" Bom looked at her friend.

"I don't want to. But, I am.." she quietly said.

"What to do, what to do" Bom said aloud.

"Do what?" Rachel was curious.

"Hmm, ani, nothing" she said.

The Next Day

Bom asked Kevin to meet her at a nearby coffee shop.

"Noona, what is it?" Kevin wanted to know, "You don't usually meet up with me. Hm, is it maybe. .you're falling for me?" he joked.

"Hahah, you're so funny-. No really. Do me a big favor, and give this to Kibum" she handed Kevin a blue piece of paper, that contained an address.

"What is this?" Kevin was curious.

"Don't be nosy. Just tell him to go there" she said to him. She left without saying goodbye.

Later that night- The guys were practicing for tomorrow's performance.

"Hyung! Bom noona told me to give you this" Kevin dug out the crumpled letter that he stuck in his back pocket.

"Why?" Kibum didn't quite understand. In the letter was an address.

"I don't know. She just said to tell you to go there" Kevin shrugged.

"Aw, ok. I'll go later on this week" he said, and stuck the letter in his backpack.

Thursday-

Kibum's thoughts- Why am I doing this? Going to some stranger's house. This is going to be awkward.

He rung the doorbell, once, twice, the door slowly opened.

"I'm sorry to bother you-" he tried to say when he looked up, it was Rachel. She immediately recognized him, and tried to close the door. He was stronger than her; he forced the door to open.

"Can't you leave me alone? What do you want?!" she yelled. He hugged her, not letting her go.

"Rachel. . . .I love you. I just. .I love you" he told her.

"Lies. All lies!" she yelled again, pushing him away.

"I do love you Rachel" he assured her.

"Do you know how stupid I am? Even though I insist on forgetting you, I can't. I even tried waiting for you, thinking that you might one day find me-" she babbled on.

He stopped her, "You don't have to wait for me anymore. I'm right here" he wanted to assure her. "I'm sorry" he apologized.

"What? So that's suppose to make me run back to you?" she asked, annoyed.

"I've never said that. I just want. . Let's start over" he told her. He could tell that she's slowly calming down.

"Hi, my name is Kim Kibum, I'm a singer in a group called U-Kiss, and I've seemed to have gotten lost. Who are you?"

He knows that this is an absurd way to start over, but he didn't care.

No reactions from her. No, wait. . . She smiled, "Hi, my name is Rachel Chastain and I'm a novelist, it's nice to meet you. She decided to give this love another try.

One year later-

"Never thought that this day would come, yeobo" she smiled. The two were having their first dance as a married couple.

"Me neither. . .yeobo" he smiled back.

"No! Why do you insist that I like you?! I don't!" Bom yelled at Kevin. They were almost right across from the newly weds.

"Why do you continuously denying it then, if you don't like me?" Kevin asked.

"Aish, what is wrong with you?" Bom asked, and left the dance floor. She smiled, "Babo, chase after me" she thought to herself.

"Park Bom!" Kevin yelled out, as he ran after Bom.

--
"I have something that I need to tell you" Rachel said to her husband. They were in the Limo, heading straight to their honeymoon suite.

"What is it?" Kibum asked.

"Ok. Close your eyes first and then hold out your right hand" she told him.

"Ok" he closed his eyes, and held out his hand.

She places something in his hand. . .a positive pregnancy test.

"Ok, open your eyes" she said to him. He finally did-

"Really? I'll be a daddy soon?" he was flippin' thrilled.

Rachel nodded.

He started to babble on and on about how many kids they should have together, names for their first born, or borns if they were to have twins, about how he should start saving up for the college funds, everything that he could think of.

"Kibum, let's just focus on one thing. . .one thing a time, ok? Calm down!" she said to him.

"How can I calm down, when I am going to be a daddy in 9 months?!" he said to her.