The Convenience Store Manager (Hae Ri + Soohyun)

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

By: Jnster

For: Hae Ri

"Whew." Hae Ri wipes her sweating forehead from the hot summer sun. Her boss wanted the U-Kiss posters hung all over the glass on the outside of their convenience store. She stared at the poster longingly. If there was one thing she hated it was working in this old smelly store. She'd so rather be managing a famous group.
"Hae Ri-ya! Hurry and get to the register!" Hae Ri murdered her boss in her head before heading back in.

Hae Ri looked at the clock on the back wall. Only two minutes to closing time. She smiled for the first time that day. DING. Her smile quickly faded as seven boys entered the store in hoodies. Her glare didn't seem to effect them at all.
"Soo Hyun hyung I want some kimbab!" A cute young boy in a pink hoodie pleaded. Soo Hyun, the one with the grey hoodie, smiled as he threw the boy a kimbab from the shelf. Hae Ri looked once again at the clock which now said closing time. She walked right over to the seven boys and began with her nice voice.
"Um customers, this is our closing time so if you could quickly pick…" She looked at the seven boys in disbelief. They were fooling around and totally ignoring her.
"Dong Ho get off!" The boy in red yelled. Dong Ho had jumped on his back while eating the kimbab. Hae Ri's blood pressure flew threw the roof.
"YAH!" The seven boys froze in their tracks. "SIT!" She yelled. The seven boys obeyed and sat on the tiled floor. "Now listen. You are going to buy one food and one drink in about a minute. Then you're going to pay. Finally, you're going to leave so I can leave. Understood?!" The seven boys nodded and scattered to the shelves grabbing any food they can find. Each of them payed and left. One person was left however. Soo Hyun walked slowly to the register with a grin on his face.
"Hi." He continued to grin.
"I don't think I gave you permission to talk." Hae Ri replied without looking up. She finished scanning the banana milk. "Your price is 2000 won." She stuck out her hand at the boy. Soohyun gave her the cash and left. Something felt wrong. She looked at her hand and saw a white card instead of 2000 won. Her first thought was: What the crap this man didn't pay!!!; But she looked closer and read the card.

--------------------------------

NH MEDIA
UKISS
010-xxx-xxxx
[address]

--------------------------------

She flipped the card and scrutinized the back.

--------------------------------

any thoughts on being a manager?

--------------------------------

Hae Ri looked up and blushed. She had just yelled at UKISS?! However she looked down at the weird business card. What was this?

Hae Ri looked up at the tall building that read NH media. She could turn back but that would mean coming here was a waste. She didn't know what made her think this was the real deal but no harm in trying…right? She entered awkwardly and looked around at the spacious business looking place.
"So you actually came?" She turned around to look straight at Soo Hyun. She looked at her toe with shyness which made Soo Hyun chuckle at her cuteness.
"What exactly do you mean by this?" She held up the crinkled business card.
"Follow me." Soo Hyun spoke in a lovely voice. They walked into a practice room where the rest of the boys were sweating and dancing.
"Who's she Hyung?" Kevin asked curiously. Soo Hyun just smiled mysteriously.
"She's our new manager…um" He looked to Hae Ri.
"Oh my name is Hae Ri." She finished. The boys looked to her in utter happiness. Except Dong Ho who pouted.
"I liked being free…" he mumbled which earned a slap from his hyungs.
"Sorry he's just…Dong Ho." Eli said while holding Dong Ho in a head lock. Hae Ri just laughed, she was definitely going to like it here.

"ITS U-KISS!" Hae Ri could hear thousands of girls screaming as her boys walked onto the stage waving and smiling. It had been two years with them and she was happy as ever. The boys were funny, cute, and hard working. She was so glad to have worked with them.
Man Man Ha Ni~ She looked to Soo Hyun who looked back at her. He winked and continued the dance. She blushed tomato red and burned up. She didn't know why but lately looking at Soo Hyun made her red. She felt like she had…butterflies?

The boys finished and walked off stage.
"Man I'm tired." Ki Bum breathed as he gave Hae Ri a hug. Hae Ri just bonked him lightly on the head.
"Babo! You have to go home and sleep!" She scolded.
"But but noona is so soft." He nuzzled his head on her shoulders causing her to laugh. She was very ticklish. Suddenly she felt the weight go off her shoulder. She looked up to see Soo Hyun carrying Ki Bum.
"I got him." He coughed before leaving awkwardly. Hae Ri's heart skipped a beat. Could it have been jealousy? No she shouldn't be thinking this way. She's the manager for pete's sake! She grabbed the other boys and dragged them out.

"Noona, do we have any water?" Dong Ho asked while being sprawled on the floor.
"Two please!" Ki Seop begged. Hae Ri got up from the couch and walked to the refrigerator. As soon as she reached for the bottle, some hand came and took two instead. She looked up to see Soo Hyun looking down at her. He turned and threw the bottles at the boys. It hit their backs which made them jump.
"She's not your slave go get it yourself." He yelled which made them pout.
"Its okay oppa, I am the manager you know." Soo Hyun bended closer to Hae Ri until he was just inches from her face.
"What happened to the stern you? I thought that side of you was cuter." He stuck his tongue out before walking back to his room. Hae Ri looked at his built back before turning around. Her heart was beating so fast that she couldn't even breathe. Alexander walked into the room whistling. She slapped him on the arm.
"Go!" Ki Bum whispered as he pointed towards Soo Hyun's room. Hae Ri looked up to the boys with a smile. They were always there for her. She took a deep breathe and began walking towards his room.

Soo Hyun threw his towel onto the bed and jumped onto it. His back felt the cold fan air brush against him. He reached into his pillow and took out a tiny picture. The picture was of him and Hae Ri. He had fallen in love with her since she became their manager. He felt his face which was burning hot. Every time he saw her he wanted to kiss her but he didn't want to scare her off. Suddenly he felt hands go around his waist. He turned around quickly to see Hae Ri on top of him. She was hugging with all her might.
"W-w-w-what a-are you d-doing h-here?!" He stuttered. Hae Ri looked up with a red face and smiled.
"Oppa is it okay if we stay like this." She shyly replied. Soo Hyun turned around and hugged his pillow tightly. They remained like that for a good thirty minutes.
"Hae Ri-ya I really…Uh…How do I put this. Haha. I really like…no I LOVE YOU!" Soo Hyun finally said. He got no answer. He began to panic. Did he just ruin their friendship?! He turned around to face a sleeping angel. She had fallen asleep. He sighed and relaxed. He carried her off of him and put her right next to him. He stared at her as he leaned on his side. She was prettier than any of the girls he met on stage. He let his hand outline her face and leaned in slowly. His soft tender lips brushed against her cute small ones. He kissed her nose and then her forehead. He leaned back before he got carried away and turned around. He really did love her. Hae Ri slowly opened one eye and stared at Soo Hyun's . Her smile went from ear to ear. It was no longer her in love with him. It was they're in love with each other.

U-Kiss walked into the changing room one by one. Hae Ri glanced up at soo Hyun who glanced back. He looked away and walked into the room. She watched the door close behind him. Was yesterday a mistake? Had she dreamed it? She felt tears on the tips of her eyes. She bit her lip from making them fall. Suddenly a dressed Soo Hyun came walking out. He was wearing the Man Man Ha Ni outfit. He looked at her almost crying face in confusion. He smiled and held out his long hands.
"Let's go." He happily whispered. She could no longer hold her tears, but this time it was because sudden happiness rushed over her. She grabbed his hand and they walked toward the stage hand in hand.

Everyone walked off the stage with a trophy in their hands. They had finally won the artist of the year prize. The boys made a circle around Hae Ri and each took turns giving her a hug. She was in tears. How much she loved these boys. Finally it was Soo Hyun's turn. He hesitated to hug her. Instead he held out his hand. She cocked her head to the side before reaching her hand out. He pulled her towards him and lip locked with her. They kissed each other passionately before Soo Hyun finally let go. He smiled at her and she did too. Nothing could ruin this perfect moment.
"HEY BOYS!" Everyone looked up to see a tall man with glasses.
"Who are you?" She rushed in front of the boys and stuck her hands out ready to defend them. He must be some fan or something. The man just laughed.
"This must be her!" He finally spit out. The boys looked down at their feet.
"Hey Gang Ho Hyung." Dong Ho said without looking up. Hae Ri began to feel like something bad was going to happen. This so called Gang Ho walked up to Hae Ri with some arrogance.
"I am U-Kiss's manager." He calmly said. She looked at the boys with confusion. This was a joke right?
"Excuse me you don't understand but I am-"
"He is our manager Hae Ri." Soo Hyun said to her sternly. She began to cry.
"N-no this this isn't r-right!" She tried to argue.
"Sorry miss. I went to the army so you were just taking my place." Hae Ri couldn't believe this. He wanted her to leave?! She looked to the boy once more but they would not look at her. Even…even Soo Hyun oppa. "Here you go. Thank you for your time." Gang Ho handed her an envelope filled with money. She stared at the envelope with hatred. She didn't join for this! She grabbed the envelope with force and walked over to Soo Hyun. She took out the money and threw it at him. The green 10,000 wons floated down all over the floor.
"What the fu-" The manager began.
"Good bye." was all Hae Ri said before walking out.

Hae Ri looked up at the clock. 2 minutes to closing time. She looked at the door expecting them to walk in. Her bitter laugh was filled with salty tears as it blurred her vision. She looked up at the clock. Time to go. She couldn't believe how stupid she felt. How she believed that her and the boys would be forever. What hurt her the most was that no one, especially Soo Hyun, did not stop her from leaving. Hae Ri grabbed her bag and began to head out the store. She locked up and began walking to her bus stop.

The rain was beating down hard on her. She had an umbrella but she liked the way the rain fell on her. No one could tell if she was crying or if it was the rain on her face. She was almost home. It felt weird since she hadn't been home in 2 years. Beep Beep Beep Beep Dee Ri Ri. The door opened and she walked into the empty house. Dust had settled onto all the furniture. She sighed as she dropped her stuff onto the floor. She fell onto the wooden floor and looked up at the ceiling. She felt like Ki Seop and Dong Ho. This made her laugh dryly. She missed them already. She really did…

"Theres no kimbab here." A guy told her. It had been a month since she had left NH media and here she was at the convenience store. She glared at the man with irritation.
"Well to bad." She growled before going back to sweeping the floor.
"But…my dongseng loves kimbab." The man persisted. "And I really want some banana milk." He continued.
Hae Ri rolled her eyes. "The banana milk is over there customer." She pointed to the shelf on the opposite side. The man looked at her before going to the shelf.
She walked over to the register and waited for the man to hand her the milk.
"That will be 2000 won sir." She said as she put out her hand. Suddenly the man grabbed her hand and pull her forward. He began to kiss her. She struggled at this crazy man but right then his hood fell down revealing his face. Soo Hyun?! She pushed him off and looked at his with disbelief. He smiled at her and put a white card on the counter. She watched him leave but didn't follow him. She looked at the crumpled old card. The same business card. She flipped in over. The old message was crossed out and instead it read.

--------------------------------

any thoughts on being a manager?

I love you.

--------------------------------

She felt a smile creep onto her face. She ran outside but couldn't find him. A few blocks down there was a crowd of people. She ran towards it with hope. Her heart stopped. There were her boys with signs that read.
HAE | RI | YA | PLEASE | MARRY | ME |
They were jumping up and down like children. In front of them was Soo Hyun kneeling on the floor with a ring pointing towards her.
"I hope you're better at being a wife than a manager." He joked. She laughed as tears flowed down her cheeks. These boys were making her into a cry baby.
"Don't worry I'll be better than you~" She teased back.
They hugged each other and Soo Hyun whispered into her ear.
"I love you." She chuckled before whispering back.
"I do too."