Don't Say Goodbye (Minyoung + Taemin)

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

By: 2pmvietguh

For: Melinda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAf9IdQJfiw

A/N: This oneshot is based off of Davichi's Don't Say Goodbye. 


"Wait hyung, I have to identify this constellation first" Taemin said as he flipped through his notebook.

"Yah, you're still doing those things? Sulli's gone, why do you still insist on completing that list? Hurry over!" Onew exclaimed.

"Onew hyung, be quiet" Taemin could hear Key on the other line. Only Key knew how sensitive Taemin gets whenever someone mentioned about his girlfriend.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes" Taemin said as he ended the call.

He took another look through his telescope; "Andromeda" Taemin said aloud as he crossed off the constellation from his lengthy list.

Taemin grabbed his car keys and wallet and was out the door. As he hurried down a flight of stairs and towards his car, he heard a strange noise coming from the corner of the stairs, near the bush. Curious, Taemin gently kicked the black garbage bag. Whatever was inside the bag was moving; he took a few steps closer towards the moving object. He soon opened the bag and to his surprise, there was a young woman inside the bag. He jumped back, he didn't know what to do at the time. So without thinking, he took her in for the night.

The next morning. . .

Taemin was busily, yet quietly working on a college synthesis essay.

The young woman found herself laying in a warm and comfy bed. She looked around. She jumped when she saw Taemin quietly yet busily typing away at his laptop. She let out a small gasp.

Their eyes quickly met.

"You woke up?" he gave her a warm smile.

"Where am I?" she looked around.

He hastily fixed her a quick breakfast; kimchi soup, white rice, and a few side dishes. He gently placed the glass of water on the coffee table.

Taemin took a seat across from her. "Do you have a place to go?" he asked her.

She shook her head.

"You can stay here, if you don't mind" he offered.

"Thank you" she thanked him.

"No problem" he smiled at her. He got up from his seat, but stopped midway. "If you're going to stay here, we need to at least know eachother's name, right? I'm Lee Taemin" he reached out to shake her hand.

"MinYoung" she said and shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you then MinYoung-ssi. I'll so find you a change of clothes" he said and left the living room.

After a few minutes, Taemin came back with a large white button down shirt. "Sorry, I don't have any clothes for women. We can go shopping later for your daily necessities and maybe a few outfits"

A few days turned into months. MinYoung has been living under the same roof as Taemin for seven months. The two started dating after two months.

Everything seemed to go well for the couple. . . until MinYoung noticed a picture album that contained photos of Taemin and another girl.

Taelli <3


"Who's that girl? They seemed so happy together"

Minyoung was afraid to ask about the girl in the picture. It was his past. She didn't want to bring up his past. But her curiosity took over.

One lovely summer day, while the two were watching the sunset-

"Oppa, who's the girl in the picture?" MinYoung was curious.

"What girl?"

"That girl who's in almost every single picture. I saw it lying on your desk" she explained.

"My girlfriend" he said without thinking.

"He didn't say ex, but girlfriend"

"Oppa, then what am I?" she was hurt. She turned away.

"I shouldn't have said that" he cursed at himself.

"Sulli and I were a couple ever since freshman year of high school" he started to explain.

Minyoung slowly turned around to face Taemin.

He continued; "We had everything planned out once we graduate out of high school. Sulli wanted to open a small flowershop. She wanted to own a house in the suburban area. She wanted to get married after she finishes a bachelor's degree in Sociology. . ." he trailed off.

"What happened? Why isn't she here with you?" MinYoung wanted to know.

"She got kidnapped"

Her eyes widened.

"Like me" she thought to herself.

He continued, "Her parents and I tried our best to find out who the culprit was. Even after two years, we were still unable to find that bastard- We never broke up; so I still consider her as my girlfriend. Yet, for a short moment, I've forgotten that you're now my girlfriend. I'm sorry"

"It's okay" she assured him, "As long as you acknowledge the fact that I'm your girlfriend now, I'm okay" she intertwined her hand with his.

You would think that things were going to go well for the two. . .

Taemin was cleaning his telescope when he received a phone call.

"Hello?" Taemin greeted the unknown person through the phone.

"Why did you take that girl and make my situation go bad?" the man on the other line asked him.

Taemin was bewildered, "Who is this?"

"Just listen to me. I know you had a girlfriend who went missing two years ago.. I have your girlfriend. So, let's change- The girl who's staying at your place, I need her now" before the man ended the call, not caring whether Taemin will agree to the deal or not, he gave Taemin directions on where they would be meeting tomorrow for the exchange.

He didn't know what to do or say. He looked over at MinYoung, who was happily munching on fresh cut fruits while reading a novel.

"What should I do?" he thought. "Sulli and I have been together ever since our freshman year in high school. You and I have only been together for six months. How can I exchange you for her? Yet, if I don't, then she will be in more danger. What should I do?" he was frustrated.

The next morning. . .


Taemin hastily looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall. It was already 10:00 a.m. He was supposed to meet up with the man at 11:00 a.m.

"Let's go MinYoung-ah" Taemin handed Minyoung her shoes as he put on his shoes.

"Where are we going?" she asked him as she grabbed an apple from the counter.

"You will see" was all he said.

He opened the door for MinYoung and hurried over to the driver's side. During their ride to their deisgnated location,

"MinYoung, do you trust me?" Taemin suddenly asked her.

"Of course" she said without hesitation. "Why do you ask?"

He was quiet. "Good"

Within twenty minutes, the two arrived at the designated location; a meadow. It was the same meadow that Taemin took MinYoung a few months prior to today for a campout. For some odd reason, the meadow seemed to carry on an eery vibe than the last time they were there.

"Taemin-ah, where are we going?" she happily skipped behind him. "What, do you have a surprise for me?" she joked. "Or, are we going to camp out like last time?" She stopped in her steps. Her smile faded.

MinYoung saw a white car, the car that she could recognize from anywhere. A familiar man stepped out along with a young woman. He was dragging her along.

MinYoung's face turned pale. "No. No way" she took a few steps back.

Taemin looked at his girlfriend then back at MinYoung. He grabbed her hand, "Let's go"

"I don't want to" she refused. Tears were already falling down her cheeks.

"Didn't you say you trusted me?" he asked her.

She slowly nodded as she blinked away her tears.

"Then, let's go" he said to her.

He tried to pull her along, "Don't do this! Don't go- Please don't go" she held onto his arm.

Taemin looked at her once more before he pried her hands off of his arm.

The middle aged man signalled Taemin over. He headed towards where his girlfriend was located. The man let go of Sulli's wrist and left her standing there.

"Taemin oppa" she uttered as he tightly hugged her.

"Stay right here" he whispered.

"What?" Sulli was confused.

Taemin turned back around. The man, unaware of what Taemin's plan, continued to head towards MinYoung's direction.

"You have the gut to run away don't you little brat. Hyungnim will be glad to see you again" he smirked.

Full of fear, MinYoung backed away. Her eyes widened when she saw Taemin behind the man. He kicked the man hard, leading him to fall towards the ground. While the man was still laying on the ground, he quickly grabbed ahold of MinYoung's shoulders,

"MinYoung-ah, take Sulli with you" he placed his keys inside her palm, "..and drive as far as you can. Don't go home. Run and don't look back, araso?"

"What about you?" she asked him.

"I can take care of myself, don't worry. I'll call you once I'm done handling him" Taemin told her. "Hurry, go!"

Minyoung did as Taemin told her. She grabbed Sulli's hand and started to run towards Taemin's car.

By then, the man had already gotten up from the ground and was now charging towards Taemin. He knew that that man wouldn't back down so easily. With a small pocket knife in his backpocket, he managed to stab the man's side.

"Hurry!" MinYoung yelled.

Bang.

It seemed like MinYoung's heart, along with her steps, stopped.

"Bastard, tried to outsmart me? I gave you a fair offer!"

Both MinYoung and Sulli turned around, "Taemin!"

They saw both the man and Taemin laying on the ground. MinYoung dashed towards Taemin. She held onto him.

"I. . .guess .. this is really..goodbye, Minyoung-ah" Taemin said. It was difficult for him to speak.

"No. No. Don't say that. Don't say goodbye Lee Taemin" tears were blurring her vision.

"Oppa" Sulli weakly said as tears strolled down her cheeks. "Ottokae?"

"MinYoung-ah, please take care of Sulli for me. She's. .suffered enough.  .these past years"

They could hear sirens coming from afar. The man, holding onto his bleeding wound, hurried to his car and sped away.

"No, I won't. You're going to take care of her. You're not going to leave us, araso? The ambulance will come soon" as if to make sure, she handed the phone over to Sulli so that she can make an emergency call.

Taemin reached his limp hand towards Sulli. She grabbed his hand, "What is it oppa?"

"Choi Sulli, I loved...you" he uttered. He let go of her hand.

He then took Minyoung's hand. "But. .I'm in love with you, Minyoung"

"I'm sorry Sulli-yah. I'm sorry Minyoung-ah" those were his last words.

"Taemin oppa" MinYoung gently shook his body. "Lee Taemin! No, wake up! No, oppa. Please, don't leave-"  she cried as she held onto his limp body.

END

Hope you like it! ^^

 

Interested in requesting for a oneshot?- Do you want to become a oneshot writer? If so, then please also visit Elegant Bliss. Link's right below:

http://elegant-bliss.blogspot.com/