Birthday Oneshot for myxsarang (Playful Melody)

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

August 1, 2011

By: 2pmvietguh

To: myxsarang

Presenting. .. . "The things you do"


Hi Carina! I'm one of Playful Melody's oneshot writers; I just wanted to wish you a Happy 16th Birthday! I hope you have a good one! ^-^ Hope you like this oneshot that I've created for you.

--

"He's just a friend" Carina explained to him.

"You've been awfully close with him lately" Kevin scowled.

"Well, I can say that about you and your ex" she fired back.

"Yah, why are you mentioning about her all of a sudden?" Kevin was getting irritated.

"Why are you getting sensitive by the mention of your ex-girlfriend?" she looked at him. "What, you still like her?"

"Maybe we need some time to think things through" he said to her.

"What are you trying to say?" she asked him.

"I don't know" he replied.

"All of these things, our arguments, they're leading to us breaking up, isn't it?" she wanted to know.

"I. .I don't know" he slightly stuttered.

Their conversation was interrupted when her brother honked his car horn, "Carina, hurry up!"

"Fine, let's do that then" she said before she got inside the car.

"This. .this is our first fight" she sighed as her brother sped away.


Kevin immediately texted her,

"I don't want to break up with you. I really like you. I just think that you and I both need to calm down"

With that message, Kevin walked home with a heavy heart.



One week later. . .

Carina's 16th birthday.


Before Min handed Kevin the key to her house, "I can trust you right? To not screw things up? You're going to throw a great surprise birthday party for my best friend, and at the same time, make up with her. .right?"

"Of course!" he pushed Min towards the front door, "Just accompany her for the day. Be back here at 8 p.m." Kevin said as he successfully got Min out of the door.

"I've already bought the party props yesterday" Dongho proudly showed it to his hyungs.

"Good job maknae" Kevin ruffled his hair.

While Kevin's friends were helping with the decorations. .

"Hyung, hyung" Dongho pestered Kevin.

"Uh, wae?"

"Does this look okay?" he pointed at the banner that he and Eli decorated.

Kevin nodded, since he was in the midst of blowing up a balloon.

"Are these balloons enough? What about the party hats? Should we go buy more? I think we should go buy more balloons, right hyung?" Dongho asked.

"Dongho-yah, these are enough. We're good to go, trust me" Kevin assured maknae.

On the other hand. . .

Min and Carina have been shopping for a couple of hours now.

"Not even a simple 'Happy Birthday, Carina' from him" she thought. She was disappointed.

Her friend was quiet, she knew what her friend's thinking about. As if she's reading Carina's mind, "Because he has something even better than just simply saying Happy Birthday" Min thought to herself.

"Forget him, Carina. Let's continue shopping" Min pushed her friend to a nearby boutique.

While Carina was occupied with that thought, Kevin was actually in the midst of preparing a surprise birthday party for her.


Meanwhile. . . .

Kevin walked around with Kiseop; they were looking for a bakery shop. After ten minutes of walking, they've finally found one.

He looked at the display window.

"Carina would love this" he looked at the cake.

"Here" he handed Kiseop the grocery bags that he was carrying.

He hurried inside the shop.

"Can I get that cake right over there?"

"Ne" the cashier girl nodded. "Is this for your.. ." she wanted to ask.

"My girlfriend" he told her.

"Omo, your girlfriend is so lucky to have such a great boyfriend" the girl commented.

"Ah, ne, thank you. Chogiyo, can you put, 'Happy Birthday, our lovely Carina?' on the cake please?"

"Of course" she smiled and brought the cake over to another counter. "I wish I had a boyfriend like him. If only my boyfriend's half as great as this guy. . ." she mumbled.

Kevin quickly paid for the cake and left the shop. Within twenty minutes, the two friends were back at the house.

"Be careful" Kiseop told him. Kevin carefully placed the birthday cake inside the fridge.

With the help of some of his friends, all of the dishes were perfectly prepared were finished within two hours.

Kevin clapped his hands together, "You guys have done a great job. I couldn't have done all of this without you guys. Komawo" he thanked them.

One of the guys who were on the lookout for Carina yelled, "Guys, they're coming up!"

"Everyone, hide!" Kevin said as he hurried to the dining room. He turned off the lights.

Click.

They could hear some footsteps nearing.

"Yah, Min-ah, where's the light switch? It's pitch black in here" Carina commented.

The lights suddenly came on.

"Better, well, I guess I'll be leav-" she started to say.

~Saeng il chook ha hamnida~

She jumped a bit, "Omo, scared me!"

Saeng il chook ha hamnida!
Sa rang ha nuen Carina.
Saeng il chook ha hamnida!!

(sorry for any romanization.romanji mistakes)

"Kevin?" she was surprised to see him there. The last time that she saw him was when they had their first argument.

Dongho was holding onto the birthday cake. "Noona, hurry, make a wish!" he told her.

"Oh" she said. She made her wish and blew out the candles.

"Happy Birthday, Carina" Kevin handed her the bouquet of roses and a small black box.

"You've done all of this, for me?" she looked up at him.

"Of course. Babo, who else would it have been for?"

"Look, Carina, what I said before, I didn't mean it. I'm sorry. Can you forgive me?" Kevin asked her.

She was quiet for a moment.

He was worried.

She slowly nodded. Kevin breathed a sigh of relief. He hugged her tight.

"How can I stay mad at you?" she said as she hugged him back.

Someone cleared their throat, "Ahem"

Both Kevin and Carina looked towards the direction of where the noise came from. All of their friends were at the dining table.

"The birthday girl's supposed to cut the cake" her friend announced. "Yah, Carina, hurry! The cake looks delicious!" she exclaimed.

"Hurry, or I'm going to cut the cake for you, noona" Dongho said to her.

"Araso, I'm coming over" she said as she and Kevin hand in hand walked towards where their friends were.

"The little things that I would do to see you smile"

"It's these kind of things that you do, that makes me like you even more, Kevin"



END
 

Hope you like it! ^-^