Summer Love (Katina + Wooyoung, Nichkhun)

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

By: 2pmvietguh

For: LoveViaKatina


Author's note: I'm extremely sorry for not being able to complete your oneshot request earlier. I feel so guilty. >.< But I hope that you enjoy reading your oneshot. Again, I'm very sorry.


Listen to 2pm's Don't you Know while you read this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EU2F8lvCXg

 

It has been three years ever since her summer stay in Seoul. Summer of '08, one of the best summers that she's had; the hot summer day when she met Jang Wooyoung. Three years later, she's decided to travel to Seoul again for the summer. This time, her best friend, Nichkhun will be tagging along with her. Will she get back with Wooyoung and continue from where they started back then? Or will a new love bloom between her and her best friend, the guy who has had a crush on her ever since junior year of high school?


Incheon International Airport


"Here" Nichkhun said as he took Katina's suitcase.

"Thanks Khunnie" she smiled.

After a short while, they've managed to hail a cab.

"Let's make our five week stay here a blast. You're going to love it here" Katina said to him.

"I can't even speak Korean. You're going to be my personal interpreter then" 

"I'll try" she shrugged. "Cheer up Khun. You will love it here" she said for the second time.

After fifteen minutes of riding in the semi-humid taxi. ..

Katina fell asleep, her head resting on his shoulder.

"No matter what we do or where we're at..as long as I'm with you, then this summer will be one of the best summers that I'll have" Nichkhun thought to himself as he looked at the beautiful night view of Seoul.


The next day. .  .

One of the first things that Katina wanted to do was to go see her friends. She decided to give one of her friends a call.

"Katina? You're here? Yah, why didn't you call me earlier? I would have picked you up. When did you arrive? Where are you now?" Taecyeon asked.

"Last night. I'm at the hotel right now. Let's meet up, I miss you guys" Katina said to him.

"Let's meet at Lotte World then. Yeah, okay. What time? How about 2pm? Okay, great. Bye" Taecyeon ended their call.

"Oh, the English" Chansung covered his ears. "Who were you talking to hyung? maknae asked him.

He ignored Chansung, "Yah, Katina's here in Seoul" Taecyeon plopped down on the couch.

Wooyoung and Ji Eun has just arrived at the guys' apartment. At the mention of Katina, Wooyoung's heartbeat escalated.

"She's back?" he was happy. It has been so long since they've last seen eachother. He missed her.

"Hyung, jjinja? Katina's back?" Chansung asked Taecyeon.

"Uh" Taecyeon nodded as he took a sip of his iced coffee.

"Taecyeon oppa, who's Katina?" Ji Eun, Wooyoung's girlfriend asked. She set the two bags of English breakfast on top of the kitchen counter.

The three best friends looked at each other. If they were to have said that Katina is, no, was Wooyoung's girlfriend, then things would have gotten awkward. So instead, to make things easier:

"She's a good friend of ours" Taecyeon told her. He tried to change subjects.

"We're going to meet her at Lotte World at 2pm. You guys cancel any plans that you have for today, araso? I'll meet you guys there" Taecyeon said as he left the apartment.

"Ne hyung!" Chansung exclaimed. Maknae was too excited to see his friend.


Later that day. . Lotte World

Nichkhun and Katina has just arrived at the entrance of the amusement park.

"I've been here three summers ago. I can't believe things can change so much after three years" she looked around Lotte World.

Meanwhile. .

"Yah maknae, where are you going?" Wooyoung asked Chansung.

"I'm going to get something to eat. I'm hungry" he rubbed his stomach.

"Didn't you just eat a while ago?" Wooyoung was amazed at how great his friend's appetite was.

"I'm a growing kid" Chansung smiled, and quickly left to find a food stand.

"Growing kid" he scoffed, "Yah Hwang Chansung, you're already in your 20s!" he yelled after Chansung.

"Oppa, I'm going to get something for us to drink. Wait here" Ji Eun told Wooyoung as she left in the opposite direction.

"They said to meet at the entrance" Katina said. She looked around. She finally noticed a familiar face.

"There he is" Katina pointed towards the person by the bench.

"He's the one who you were talking about" Nichkhun took a look at Wooyoung. He was standing there texting.

She nodded.

"He's the reason why you've rejected any guy that tried to ask you out these past three years"

"Wooyoung!"

"Katina" he gave her a warm smile. She did the same.

"You look great. Ani, not that you didn't look great before, it's just" he rubbed the back of his neck, "..you look great"

She smiled, "Thanks. Same with you" Katina was about to introduce Nichkhun, but stopped midway when,

"Wooyoung oppa, I got your favorite" Ji Eun handed him a strawberry banana smoothie.

Katina's smile soon disappeared.

"This must be Katina unnie. Annyeonghasaeyo, I'm Lee Ji Eun, Wooyoung oppa's girlfriend" she stretched her hand out for a handshake.

"Ah, ne, it's nice to meet you" she shook the girl's hand.

"Girlfriend. He has a girlfriend. I really am naive then to think that we could continue from where we left off at"

Nichkhun nudged Katina, "Aren't you going to introduce me to them?"

"Oh, right"

Without thinking things through,

"Wooyoung" Katina took Nichkhun's hand. His heart suddenly beat faster than usual due to Katina's sudden skinship.

Nichkhun was confused.

"What is she doing?" he thought.

"..this is Nichkhun, my boyfriend"

He looked at her.

"Babe" she said, "Shake hands"

"Nice to meet you" the two shook hands awkwardly.

"She's trying to get him to be jealous" he finally understand.

"Where are the others?" Katina managed to change subjects.

"Maknae's buying snacks. Taec hyung's on his way" Wooyoung looked at Nichkhun.

"How long have you been together?" Wooyoung asked her, bringing back the neglected subject.

"For quite a while now" she fibbed.

Chansung finally came back with his snacks. At the same time, Taecyeon arrived with his girlfriend, Yoona.

The seven friends spent hours at the amusement park. After that, they all decided to go out for dinner.
 

Later that night. . .

Katina and Nichkhun has just gotten back to the hotel.

"Fake boyfriend? Don't want to" Nichkhun crossed his arms.

The two has just gotten out of the elevator and onto their floor.

"Please, only for a while. Please. Khunnie, please" she pouted, trying to use her best aegyo. "Help me out, please?"

Nichkhun finally gave in. "Fine" He could never not give in to her ideas or requests.

"Thanks Khunnie!" she grabbed his face and kissed him on his cheek. "You're the best!"

His heartbeat started to increase rapidly.

"There it goes again, my heart beating irregularly because of her sudden touch" 

"Good night. See you tomorrow, jagiya" she gave him a smile.

"Jagiya? Katina, is that Kore-" he tried to ask, but she had already closed the door to her hotel room.

--

It's crazy how this fake relationship came about. I wanted to see how jealous he would get. I wanted to know if he still liked me, if he still had any sort of feelings for me. So as horrible as this sounds, I used you. But now, I'm hoping that it could become real. My reason for saying this is because. . I have fallen for you Nichkhun.

Week 2 in Seoul. . .


Katina tried to get a fresh breath of air. The club was too crowded with the heavy smell of alcohol and cigarettes. She wasn't use to this atmosphere, but her friends insisted her on going there.

Wooyoung followed her outside.

"Are you okay?" he asked her.

"Yeah, just wanted to get some fresh air" she looked out at the crowded streets across where they were standing at.

The atmosphere between them was a bit awkward.

"Do you really like him?" Wooyoung's sudden question caught her off guard.

She ignored his question.

"Because I have never forgotten about you. About us. I still like you"

"That's what I wanted to hear from him all along. But why is it that I don't feel anything when he said that to me?" Katina thought.

"Wooyoung, you must be drunk. I'll pretend as if I didn't hear those words" she said as she tried to go back to the club.

He held her back, gently pushing her against the wall. He tried to search for her eyes.

"I'm not the only one who still feels like this, am I?" he asked her.

"Jang Wooyoung"

Wooyoung started to lean in closer to her.

"Katina" she could hear Nichkhun's voice.

She pushed Wooyoung away.

"Khun" she linked her arm with his, "Let's go back inside" she told him as she led him back inside.

During the whole night, Wooyoung's word replayed in her mind like a broken record, "I still like you. . not the only one who still feels like this, am I?"

She shook her head.

On their way back to the hotel. ..

"Headache?" Nichkhun asked her.

She wearily nodded.

He stopped by a convenience store and bought aspirin and a bottled water. He handed her the water and pills.

For some weird reason, she felt the need to explain to Nichkhun about her situation with Wooyoung back at the club.

"Khun, nothing was going on between Wooyoung and I" she explained to him.

"You don't have to explain to me" Nichkhun avoided her eyes.

"I'm not your real boyfriend anyway"

"Khun, you don't believe me?" she asked.

"Just take a small nap. I'll wake you up when we get there" Nichkhun said as he placed her head on his shoulder.

She nodded, and drifted off to dreamland.

--


Week 3 in Seoul.. .

Noraebang

Taecyeon and Yoona were singing My Ear's Candy while Chansung was dancing in the back. Nichkhun was laughing at how Chansung was dancing.

"Oppa, ah" Ji Eun tried to feed Wooyoung.


Katina quietly left the room. She disliked how Wooyoung's with another girl. Although she's over him, it still felt uncomfortable seeing Wooyoung with someone else.

Nichkhun noticed Katina leaving and followed behind.

"You okay?" Nichkhun asked her.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" she kicked an invisible pebble with her foot.

"I can't tell if she's telling the truth or not"

From the corner of his eye, Nichkhun notice Wooyoung heading towards their direction.

He hugged her.

"Khun, what are you doing?" she asked him.

"Stand still" Nichkhun slowly leaned in towards her. He gently kissed her on her lips.

Her eyes widened; she was shocked. Katina wanted to push him away, but he hugged her close.

As soon as he saw Wooyoung pass by, he let her go.

"Nichkhun, are you crazy?" she pushed him towards the wall.

"What? Didn't you want him to get jealous? That's what you've been trying to do during our past three weeks here in Seoul. That's why you used me as your fake boyfriend in the first place"

Without a single word, she walked away from him and left the noraebang.

"Maybe I shouldn't have said that" Nichkhun had already regretted saying those things to her.

He excused himself from their group of friends and left.

Nichkhun tried calling her, but she wouldn't pick up.


"I know I was wrong for using you. But the thing is, I've fallen for you Nichkhun, my fake boyfriend" Katina fell asleep, still having Nichkhun on her mind.


The next morning. .

He waited in front of her hotel room.

"Hey. I'm sorry. I was being a bit too harsh last night. I didn't mean it"

"Whatever" she said as she tried to pass by him.

"It's because I like you. I hated the fact that you still like that guy-"

"I don't like him. Babo, I like you" she blurted.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just. .nevermind" Katina tried to leave.

He held her back, "Then let's stop this stupid act, and be my real girlfriend"


--

The night before Katina leaves Seoul. ..

Katina and Wooyoung were walking along the Han River.

"I'm leaving tomorrow" Katina said to him as she looked at the night view of Han River.

He stopped in his steps.

"What is it?" Katina asked him.

"If I asked you to stay" Wooyoung hesitated, but continued, "..would you stay?"

She paused for a long moment, before answering him.

"There's no reason for me to stay anymore" she said.

Before Wooyoung took her back to the hotel,

"Although we can't continue as a couple. Although we can't continue from where we left off back then. . .I would be content if we continue to be friends" Katina told him.

"Call, let's do that then" Wooyoung said.

--
Five weeks has gone by. They were taking a flight back to L.A. today.

"We'll miss you Katina" Taecyeon hugged his friend.

"I'll miss you guys too" she said. Her eyes were getting a bit teary.

"It was nice meeting you Katina" Yoona hugged her.

"Same here unnie" Ji Eun chimed in.

"It was nice meeting you guys too" she replied with a small smile.

"Noona, you better come back next summer" Chansung pulled her in for a bear hug. "And this time, you better keep in touch with us"

"Maknae. . .can't. . breathe" Katina tried to say.

"Sorry noona" Chansung quickly let go of her.

"I'll definitely keep in touch this time" she promised Chansung.

The last person that she needed to say goodbye to was. . Wooyoung.

"I'll miss you" he told her.

"Same here" she said as she patted his back.

"I'll visit again next summer" she told her group of friends.

After saying their farewells, her friends left the airport.

It was now time for Nichkhun and Katina to enter their terminal.

Everything has happened so fast. It won't just come and go, will it? It won't just be another summer love, is it? Something that won't last long? Because I was hoping that you and I can last longer. Because I was hoping that this won't just be a simple summer love.

The two were waiting for their flight to arrive. While waiting,

"This won't just be a summer love, will it?" she looked up at Nichkhun then back at their intertwined hands.

His grip on her hand tightened, "No, trust me. I've been waiting so long for this day. It won't just be a mere summer love" he said as he leaned in and gave her a sweet kiss.


END
 

Hope you like it! ^-^

 

Do you want a love story that features you and your kpop bias? If so, then request/apply here:

http://www.tfaforms.com/158684

Just to make things clear, although our shop's/site's called 4ever 2pm, we are open to all Kpop Groups. So, from Shinee, B2st, MBLAQ, Boyfriend, Block B, B1A4, Super Junior, Big Bang, and etc. . ..