Birthday oneshot for musicandseven (Playful Melody)

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

October 13, 2011

By: 2pmvietguh

To: musicandseven

Presenting. . .  "Best Day Ever"
 

Hi Pauline! I'm one of Playful Melody's oneshot writers; I just wanted to wish you a Happy 14th Birthday! Anyway, hope you like the oneshot that I've created for you. ^-^

 

Pauline has been busy all day that day. From going to a tutoring session to shopping with her friends to going to a friend's party. It was already 12 a.m. She wasn't sleepy at all. She decided to go online for a bit before turning in.
 
Pauline scrolled through the page of Allkpop. No matter how busy her schedule was that day, she always finds time for her daily dosage of kpop news. The top article immediately caught her attention.

Allkpop

Here's a chance for KPOP International Fans to spend a day with your favorite Idol! Enter today for a chance to be casted for MNET's Best Day Ever. Deadline to sign up will be on September 21, 2011.  


She decided to fill out the form.

List your five favorite Kpop Idols (from most favorite to least favorite)

1. Jay Park
2. No Minwoo (Boyfriend)
3. Lee Taemin
4. Lee Byunghyun
5. Lee Sungjong

It took about five minutes to fill out the form.

"I doubt that I'll get chosen. There are tens of thousands of girls out there who are trying to get onto the show" she thought but pressed the submit button anyway.

One month later. . .

"I'm home!" Pauline said as she took off her shoes and went into the kitchen to grab a cup of water.

"There's a letter for you on the kitchen counter sweetheart! The pink one!" her mother yelled from upstairs.

"Thanks mom!"

She took a look at the pink envelope. "MNET?" she looked at the familiar logo.

Congratulations Pauline! You have been selected to participate in MNET's new show "Best Day Ever"! You are given a chance to spend a day with your favorite idol. To make the show as realistic (no script) as possible, we will not let you know the idol's identity. We will be filming your segment on October 13th and will contact you again before that date. If you have any questions, then please contact us at the number below. See you then!

"What?!" she choked on her drink.

Pauline pinched her cheek, "Ow!" She wasn't dreaming. She started jumping up and down due to her excitement.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" her mother asked her as she walked into the kitchen.

She nodded. "Of course, better than okay!" she continued to jump up and down.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world.

The producer of MNET's new show handed Jay Pauline's information and attached to it was a picture of her.


--
October 13, 2011

"Happy Birthday!" her best friend hugged her.

"Tell me all about your day tomorrow, okay?" her friend reminded her. "Text me as soon as you meet up with your idol"

"I wil I will" she assured her friend.

"Have a good one Pauline!"

"Thanks!" she hugged her friend.

From afar, Jay could see Pauline holding onto three colorful bags. One of the bags had the phrase "Happy Birthday" platered on it.

"It's her birthday" he thought. He quickly pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to his cordi noona.

"We will start recording as soon as she walks out of the school gates, so in 3..  . .2.. . .1..start"

Pauline pulled out her phone to call her sister. Her jaw dropped. Standing across the street from her was Jay Park and around six to seven cameramen. Her heart started to beat faster as she saw him crossing the street and heading towards her direction.

"I'll call you back" she said to her sister and ended the call.

"Pauline?" Jay was finally face to face with her.

She nodded. She was still in shock.

"I'm Jay Park, and we will be spending the day together" he smiled at her.

The two spent their day at Six Flags and then out to dinner. Before the day ended, the two went out to eat. After that, Jay took her home.

At the end of the day..  .

Jay took off his jacket and draped it over her shoulders. "You might catch a cold"

"Thanks"

There were only a few more steps until they reach Pauline's place. She didn't want the day to end at all. She wish she could spend more time with Jay.

"Thanks Jay, I had a really great day today" she said to him. She was still lingering in her steps. "Bye" she was about to turn around to leave, when:

"Wait" Jay stopped her.

"Huh?"

"Before you go. .I mean, wait here" he said as he disappeared.

Two cameramen followed him down the street as Jay made a quick turn around the corner.

He was on the phone, "Noona, did you get the thing that I asked you to get? Great- Where are you?"

"Right here!" she was still holding onto the phone; she was holding onto a blue bag.

Pauline looked around. There were a few cameramen filming her. She felt a bit uncomfortable as she stood there waiting for Jay.
Her eyes sparkled when she saw him slowly approaching towards her direction, with a litted birthday cake.

"Happy birthday to you. . happy birthday to you. .happy birthday dear Pauline. Happy birthday to you"

She looked at him, "He's so sweet"

"Hurry, make a wish!"

She nodded. With her eyes closed, she made a quick wish: "I wish that I can have a boyfriend who can be as sweet as Jay Park"

Pauline finally blew out the candles. After that, the two cut the cake and distributed them to the staff.

Jay rubbed the back of his neck. "It was on such short notice. I didn't know what to get you..I wasn't prepared for anything. I'm sorry. Seriously, if I knew beforehand then I-"

"It's okay" she assured him, "I really appreciate what you've done for me"

"I'll drop by and visit you whenever I'm here in New York"

"Promise?" she asked him.

"Cute" he thought. "Uh, promise" he said, without realizing, he held out his pinky. She smiled at him, and intertwined her pinky with his.

Jay still felt bad for not giving her a present. He took off the cap that he was wearing and placed it onto her head. "There, that's my birthday gift to you" he was pleased.

"Thank you"

"Goodnight Pauline. Sweet dreams" he said to her as he gave her a quick hug. The two were about to go on their separate ways when,

"Jay, wait" Pauline tried to get his attention.

"Yeah" he looked at her.

She was trying to take off the jacket and hand it back to him. "Your jacket"

"Keep it. It'll remind you of me" he winked.

"Aww, he's so sweet" she couldn't help but smile.

 

END