To end or not to end (Minji + Taeyang)

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

By: 2pmvietguh

For: Lee Minji

Her family abandoned her mother ever since she was little, because she had this incurable illness. They couldn't identify that illness, they just knew that this child will be a burden to the family, they just didn't want her. How could someone be so heartless as to leave a baby in a mere corner of a hospital?- Luckily, a woman was kind enough to take her in and care for her as her own child. Her adopted mother lived a poor life, yet still managed to keep Minji's mother in school. Then one day, the two got kicked out from their own home because they couldn't afford to pay the rent. So, they're homeless now. Her relatives wouldn't even take her and her mother in, they turned a blind eye at the two.  At the age of sixteen, with no home, no money, nothing, she worked every single day to take care of herself and her ill mother. They were lucky enough to even afford one meal a day. She had to live like this for two years.- Her mother soon passed away. With no one else left in this world who cared for her, she thought that life wasn't worth living. She was wrong, because she soon met a young man who she later fell in love with. She thought that she had found someone who could love her, protect her, someone who she could spend the rest of her life with. She was wrong, because he was a married man. It was too late, because she is carrying his child. This man that she thought she loved, lied to her. . . .That was the life of Minji's mother-

--
Minji lives with her single mother. Her dad has abandoned them ever since she was 3. Her mother struggled to raise her. Her mother has always wanted the best for her. She always gives her daughter what she wanted and needed, no matter what, even if she couldn't afford it. So what will happen when her mother. .. . .

--
"Eomma, I'll be back soon, ok. Just get some rest, ok?" Minji kissed her mother's forehead before she left for work. She turned around to her friend, "Thanks Bom, I don't know what to do if it weren't for your help" she said to her.

"Ani. It's nothing, hurry, or you'll be late! I'll close the door for you" Bom said as she got up to close the door for Minji.

As she walked down the hallway that was leading her to the elevators, her knees started to tremble. Tears started to roll down her cheeks. She didn't want her mother to see her like this. It'll just make her mother more sad. 

Minji took her mother home a few days ago. The doctors' said that her mother didn't have that much time left. Her good friend, Bom helps her watch after her mother every afternoon, so she could go work at a nearby coffee shop.

--
Coffee Shop

Her phone started to vibrate. It was Bom-

"Minji-yah, hurry and come home!! Your mother, she's going soon. Hurry!" Bom hung up almost immediately.

She took off her apron as she ran out of the coffee shop.

"Yah! Where are you going?!" the ahjussi yelled after her.

As she ran, tears started to fall down her cheeks. Only one block left, and she'll be home. Her mother has to wait for her. She can't leave her, what will she do without her mother? The only person in this whole world who loves and cares for her.

She finally made it to her apartment. She opened the door and ran towards her mother's bedside.

"I'm sorry Minji-yah" Bom said as a few tears strolled down her cheeks. "She's just left"

"Eomma!! Wake up, eomma. Eomma, listen to me, wake up. I need you. . .please. . .why are you so mean? Why are you leaving me here by myself? Why didn't you wait for me? Eomma, please, wake up!" she yelled over and over again, tears continued to fall down her cheeks, as she held her mother's hand, that was slowly turning cold.

Bom pulled Minji away from her mother.

"I'll go and call the ambulance" she told her friend.

--
It has been a week now since her mother passed away. Today was the day when Minji has to return the apartment, the keys, etc. The place with so much memories, she could no longer afford to rent anymore. She now has no place to go. You would've thought that her friend Bom would help her out, but no, she didn't. She made plenty of excuses as to why she can't help. Minji's other friends, also made excuses as to why they can't help.

She slowly headed upstairs to her apartment. She slowly opened the door. For a strange reason, when she stepped foot into her home, she could sense her mother's presence. Maybe it was because she missed her mother so much that this is happening. She took a final look at her home, the place where she has lived for 5 years now. She quickly left, knowing that this was just an illusion, delusion, whatever.

She didn't know why, but she started to head towards the stairs, towards the apartments complex's rooftop.

She slowly dropped towards the ground as she reached the rooftop.

Minji looked up at the night sky:

"Eomma, do you know how much your daughter misses you right now? Do you know how difficult it is for me to live without you? You were the only one who loved me, the only one who protected me.

A sudden thought came to her mind.

"I wouldn't have to go through this anymore  if I were to. ..but. . no. . ."

She slowly walked near the edge of the building. Each step that she took, quick flashbacks occurred.

"Minji-yah, when eomma's gone, remember to take care of yourself, ok? You're old enough to do so"

"I'm sorry that I can't see you off when you get married. I'm sorry that I won't be there when you have your first born. I'm sorry for everything that I won't be able to do in the future. Minji-yah, mianhae"

Those two words "I'm sorry" like a broken record, repeats itself over and over again.

She hesitated on the last two steps. She didn't know what to do. A part of her wanted to jump and end it all, her mother's already left, there's no one else left in this cold world who cares for her. Yet, a part of her knew that ending her life wouldn't resolve a thing. Her mother is already gone, she can't bring her mother back to life. Plus her mother wouldn't want her to do something like this.

--
Taeyang wanted to get some fresh air. As he tried to open the door, he caught a glimpse of someone on the edge of the building. He pushed the door open and ran as fast as he could towards that person. It was only a matter of seconds as to when that person will jump.

"Yah!!" Minji yelled at the person who grabbed her waist from behind. Taeyang managed to pull her away from the edge of the 10 story building.

"Yah! What were you trying to do? Are you crazy?!" he yelled at her as he pulled her away from the edge of that building complex.

"Let go!" she continued to say.

"Minji?" Taeyang took a closer look at the girl once he brought her over towards the door. They were friends back in high school. The girl that he fell for back then, the one that he still has feelings for now. They haven't been in touch for a year now.

"Taeyang?" she can't believe that it's him. She can't believe that it's the guy that she fell for back then, the one that she still likes now.

Taeyang still held Minji by the arm.

"I don't know what really happened here. So, we'll talk about it at my place" he said as he headed downstairs, she quietly followed him.

They finally reached the apartment.

The two were now in the middle of the living room. Taeyang signalled Minji to take a seat.

She looked at him.

"Yah, Lee Minji. What were you trying to do out there? Kill yourself? Are you crazy?" he tried to say, as calmly as he could.

She didn't know how to respond. She couldn't have said that she did have a thought of killing herself. Or that she was in the midst of, in this case, of literally making a 'life and death' decision.

"Tell me, why were you up there? Why were you trying to jump off?" he asked her.

"My mother. . .she's gone" she couldn't control her tears as they fell down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry to hear that" he reached for the tissue box, and handed her the whole tissue box. "Your mother wouldn't want to see you do that Minji-yah. She would be disappointed, you wouldn't want that, right?

"No" she said as she wiped away her tears.

"I know that it's difficult for you to go on everyday without her because you're so used to having your mother here with you, but, you'll be able to sooner or later" he told her.

She nodded.

He could see that she didn't look so good.

"You don't look so good" he said as he felt her forehead, "So, for the time being, just stay here. Until you feel better, ok?" Taeyang asked her.

"Aw" she said to him.

"You can sleep in my room, and I'll sleep out here in the living room" he told her.

"I'm sorry for bothering you" she said to him.

"Ani, it's nothing. You should go and try to get some rest" Taeyang suggested.

"Aw" she slowly headed towards the bedroom, she turned around to face him, "Taeyang, thanks for everything" she gave him a small smile.

Taeyang smiled back, "Goodnight" She closed the door behind her. Taeyang still stood there in the middle of the living room.

Taeyang's thoughts- It's been a year since I've last seen her. She seems so fragile and weak. She has changed. But. . .I guess a year can change everyone and everything.

Minji's thoughts- It's been a year since I've last seen him. He's still the same, I guess I'm the only who's changed.

Taeyang headed towards the kitchen, "She must be hungry" he thought as he pulled out a ramyun package from one of the cupboards. He hesitated and put it back. She has a fever, he decided to make her white porridge.

About 45 minutes later-

Taeyang gently knocked on the bedroom door. "Minji-yah" he said. The lights were already turned off. He knocked for the second time, but no response. He slightly opened the door, she was already asleep.

Taeyang's thoughts- She must be really tired. I guess I have to finish all of the white porridge by myself.

Before he did so, he went to a nearby convenience store to buy her some cold medicine.

The next day- 2:58 p.m.

Minji woke up a few hours ago, but she didn't feel like getting up. She felt cold yet hot at the same time. She finally got up from the bed and was on her way to the bathroom. She noticed a small note stuck on the door:

There's a brand new toothbrush, towel, white t-shirt, black sweats, (and a sweater, just in case you were cold) in the bathroom.  Just use/wear that for now, and we'll go shop for new stuff when I get home. Breakfast and medicine is on the table. Remember to take it. If you need anything else, call me. 

010-6383-0626

Taeyang

She smiled at the note that he left for her. She headed towards the bathroom to take a quick shower, brush her teeth, etc., and then got dressed. After that she headed towards the kitchen and soon finished the breakfast that Taeyang prepared for her.

She decided to give Taeyang a call.

"Yobosaeyo?" Taeyang answered.

"Taeyang-ah, it's Minji" she said to him.

"Did you finish your breakfast? Did you take the medicine?" he asked her.

"Ne, thanks for the breakfast and everything else" she thanked him.

"I'm on my way home. There's a spare key that I've left on the coffee table. Lock the door and wait for me outside, in front of the apartment complex, I'll be there in about 5 minutes" he told her.

"Araso" she said as she hung up. She took the key that Taeyang left on the table and locked the door. She took the elevator, and was soon waiting for Taeyang outside, in front of the apartment complex.

Taeyang drove his car towards where Minji was standing. She got inside his car.

"I hope you won't feel comfortable wearing those" he said to her, as he drove away.

"Ani. It's actually very comfortable" she gave him a small smile.

"We'll go and buy you your daily neccessities first, and then we'll go to the mall" he told her.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" she looked at him.

"Because. . .I just am" he looked straight ahead. She still looked at him suspiciously.

"Don't worry. I won't expect you to repay me or anything. Just-" he said but hesitated.

"Just what?" she wanted to know.

"Just. .  smile that smile of yours. Just try and smile" he finally said. "Because, I don't want to see you like this. I've never seen you like this before, and I don't want to anymore"

"I see" she said as she looked out of the window.

Awkwardness crept in. A few minutes later.

"I will try and do that" she finally said.

"Komawoyo" he said to her and smiled.

Taeyang's thoughts- Minji-yah, even now, I don't have the courage as to tell you that I have fallen for you.

They have spent pretty much the whole day together, shopping and eating. They seemed to have gotten closer. After a long day of shopping, Taeyang took her home. He carried most of the bags, and set it onto the bedroom floor.

He felt her forehead for the second time that day, "You're still warm. Get some rest, ok?" he said to her.

"Komawoyo, for today" she said to him.

"Ani, it's nothing" he said as he left the room.

Taeyang's thoughts- Lee Minij, I like you, do you even know that? Oh, you don't, because I've never told you that I like you.

--
A month later-

She didn't have a place to stay, Taeyang told her that she is welcome to stay here, so, yeah.

She woke up early today, which was quite unusual. She walked into the living room, Taeyang was still sound asleep. She decided to cook breakfast for Taeyang and for herself. Minji noticed a note on the kitchen table.

Minji-yah, by the time you're reading this, I'm already at school. I've forgotten to make breakfast today, because I was too occupied on writing this. Mianhae, for not making you breakfast like I usually do everyday. Anyway-

I've never had the courage to tell you that I've fallen for you. I like you Lee Minji. I want to be the cause of that smile of yours. I want to be the reason you're happy, angry, sad, all of those things. . I want to be the one who protects you, care for you, love you. Because I want you to be my girlfriend. So, will you accept this heart of mines? I will understand if you don't. So, if there's any other guy out there who you like or will go out with in the future, as long as you're happy, I'm happy.

I guess I'll know your answer when I get back from school. Maybe?

Taeyang

(school= college)

"Aww.. so cute" she said after she read the note that he wrote for her. She looked at him, his back was turned away from her. She gently shook him.

Taeyang slowly turned around, his eyes still closed. "Uh"

"Yeah" Minji said to him.

"Huh?" Taeyang was confused.

"I've just answered your question" she said.

Taeyang slowly got up from the sofa, he rubbed his eyes, "What answer?" he asked her.

"This" she pointed at the note that she held in her hand.

They both smiled. He pulled her in for a hug, "It's good to know"

END

 

hope you like it ^-^