Please be my Baby (Gaheun + Key) Valentine's Day Special

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

By: 2pmvietguh

For: Jihyunnie

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2d9RvCoYFI

 

It's that time of year again. Girls confessing and handing out gifts left and right. Valentine's Day.

It has always been the same for Key and his friends. Girls ranging from hoobaes to sunbaes ask them out. This has been going on ever since they could remember. Key, the oddball of the group, (That's what his friend, Jonghyun calls him since people were usually ecstatic when receiving gifts, expecially on Valentine's Day; Key was the oppsosite of that.) didn't like Valentine's Day. He believed that it was just another day of the year. If you like someone, then you just tell them. It doesn't have to be on a specified date that you confess to that special someone.

But this year, his thoughts of Valentine's Day changed completely, all because of her, Jin Gaheun. 

"Valentine's Day is my favorite day!" Taemin exclaimed.


"Me too" Onew agreed.

 

"Wae, because you get boxes and boxes of chocolates?" Minho asked the two.

 

"Uh" maknae fervently nodded.

 

"Yah, let's see who gets the most gifts at the end of the day" Jonghyun smirked. "I won by five last year" he boasted.

 

"I think Minho hyung will get the most this year" Taemin said as he walked a bit ahead.

 

"Who do you think will win this year Key hyung?" Taemin asked him.

 

"I honestly don't care" Key looked around, hoping to catch a glimpse of his crush.

 

"Bitter much Kim Kibum?" Jonghyun lightly pushed him.
 

As soon as Key and his friends entered Seoul High, a group of girls swarmed around them. He was getting sick and tired of this cycle, yet he politely smiled at his admirers and thanked them for their gifts.

He looked around the crowded hall, "The only person that I want to see, the person that I want to receive a gift from, and the person that I want to be with is her. Where is she?" she was nowhere to be found. "She must have already went to class" Key thought that it was impossible for him to get through the crowd. After a few minutes, the crowd started to die down.


With the opportunity of not having a group of girls surrounding him, he managed to make his way to Gaheun's class. He took a peak inside her homeroom. He noticed her idly flipping through her textbook.

One of the girls in Gaheun's class noticed Key standing near the doorway.

"It's Key!" the girl exclaimed. Almost half of the girls in Gaheun's class left the classroom to catch up with Key.

Key, who didn't want the constant attention from those fanatic girls hurried down the hall, towards his own classroom.

Gaheun casually looked up after hearing Key's name, but he was already gone.

"Just the mention of your name makes my heart flutter, Kim Kibum"

Gaheun took out the pink box from her backpack. "My effort won't go to waste, will it?" she thought to herself as she gently tuck the box back inside her backpack.

. . . . The bell for lunch break finally sounded.


During lunch break, Gaheun sneaked inside Key's classroom. She gently laid the small box on his desk. Unfortunately a few other girls were doing the same thing. She changed her mind and retreived the gift and headed to the cafeteria. On her way there, she bumped into Taemin.

"Noona" he smiled. "Did you get me anything for Valentine's Day?" he teased.

"Mian, I didn't. Maybe next year"

"Aw, I was looking forward to noona's gift" he slightly pouted. "Oh well. Let's go eat, noona!" he exclaimed.

"Ah wait, Taemin-ah, can you do noona a favor?" she asked.

"Sure" he nodded.

Gaheun asked Taemin to give the pink box to Key. She was too nervous to do so herself.

Lunch soon came to an end. .

"Key oppa, I've made these for you" one of his classmates shyly handed him a heartshaped box filled with homemade chocolate chip cookies.

"Thanks" he feigned a smile.

About another handful of girls apporached him. The gifts ranged from homemade chocolates, brownies, cupcakes, teddybears, cards, and posters. The gifts that were given to him filled his desk. He gently moved them to a corner in the back of the classroom.

The bell rung. The girls quickly went back to their seats.

"I don't want these gifts. The only gift that I wanted this year for Valentine's Day is hers"  he sighed as he looked out the window.

School finally ended for the day.. .


"Hyung, I almost forgot. Gaheun noona wanted me to give this to you" Taemin handed the pink box over to Key.

"Gaheunnie?" he asked.

"What is it?" Jonghyun tried to sneak a peek.


"None of your business" Key managed to block his friend's vision.

There was an mp3 player, earphones, and a small red note inside the box.


"Just hit play" the note advised. He hit the play button as instructed.


Key heard her asking herself, "Is it recording?" she moved away from the camera.

"Cute" he smiled.

He could hear Wonder Girl's Be my Baby playing in the background. Gaheun made minimal mistakes on her dancing. Yet he couldn't help but to smile at those minor mistakes. He could imagine her practicing for hours to perfect the dance, since Gaheun wasn't the type of girl who danced to Kpop songs. After the dance, Key noticed Gaheun grabbing a small stack of notecards that were laying on a desk:

"I'm not the type of girl who confesses in this manner. I'm not the type of girl who confesses in general. But I really like you, Kim Kibum. So, will you be my valentine?"

He flipped the red note over to the other side:  Meet me at Lotte World today at six.

He carefully placed the mp3 player back inside the box and hurried to a nearby bus-stop.

"Where are you going?" Jonghyun asked him.

"I've got a date that I definitely can't miss" Key said as he hopped on the bus. "Have fun!" he exclaimed to his friends.

"Hyung, where are you going?" Taemin asked Jonghyun.

"It's Valentine's Day, of course I'm spending it with a girl. What, you thought I would spend it with you guys? Annyeong" Jonghyun quickly hailed for a cab and left.

"Then, what should we do?" Taemin pouted.

"Arcade and pizza?" Minho suggested.

"Call!" Taemin jumped up and down. "Hyung, you're paying. Ooh, and ice cream for dessert" he happily said as he skipped away.

"You're acting like a little kid Lee Taemin" Minho commented but smiled.

Onew turned around. "Guys? Guys, wait for me! Don't leave me!" Onew yelled after the Minho and Taemin.

--
Gaheun anxiously looked at her phone. "Is he not coming?" she looked around. "I knew it was a stupid idea. He must be laughing at me right now. Even worse, he's going to show his friends my cheesy video" she covered her face. "So embarrassing"

Meanwhile. .

"I hope she doesn't think that I stood her up. I hope she's still there" he worriedly look at his watch as he absentmindedly dashed towards the amusement park's entrance.

Almost immediately, he noticed Gaheun standing near the gift shop.

"He's really not coming" disappointed, Gaheun slowly headed towards the exits.

"Jin Gaheun!"

Her heart fluttered at the familiar voice. Her heart fluttered even more at the sight of Key standing at a short distance from her.

He tried to catch his breath. "Sorry. I..I'm late.. stupid traffic"

"You actually came" she was happy. All of her doubts quickly vanished.

"Of course I would" he genuinely smiled at her.

"So, is it a yes?" she looked at him. "Valentine. . ." she drifted off.

"No"


Gaheun was confused.

"Eh? Then why-" she tried to ask him.

"I don't like that term, Valentine"

"Then what do you want me to say?" she was still confused.

"Boyfriend" he simply said.

Her heartbeat elated, "Boyfriend?"

"Uh. I'll be your boyfriend. Okay, girlfriend?"

She didn't know what to say. All she could do was nod.

Key pulled her in for a hug, "Nae yeojin"

"Valentine's Day isn't so bad after all" Key thought.

"I'm glad my effort in making that video didn't go to waste. The hours that I've spent on perfecting the dance was worth it" Gaheun thought in relief.

END

 

Hope you like it! Sorry for the delay by the way. >.< Oh, and I've made a poster. Sorry that my poster making skills are lacking by, a lot.
 

Interested in requesting for a lovely oneshot?

If so, please visit Elegant Bliss: http://elegant-bliss.blogspot.com/