I won't give up (Hyunae and Myungsoo)

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

By: Whisperwars;

For: Park Hyunae

 

“He’s a ing menace!”

The words echoed in my mind. Myungsoo’s expression still haunted me. The disappointment had been obvious in his eyes. I hadn’t noticed it at the time, though; not really. I hadn’t found a way to take it back and apologize. Hell, I hadn’t even considered apologising. It had been three days since that slip. I hadn’t spoken to him since. Why? Well it was all because of some stupid dog.

I growled as I kicked the wall next to me. I had punched several holes into my wall over the past few days. It was my only way of venting. I had considered talking to my mother several times but I knew what she’d say. She’d probably just laugh at me, tell me to grow up, and then ignore me until I fixed things with Myungsoo. I couldn’t help it, though; that dog was such a burden.

A knock came at the door, catching my attention. I looked up, expecting to see my mother. I was wrong. Myungsoo opened the door, his gaze locking with mine instantly. I felt my heart pound wildly until I realized what was in his hand.

I tensed at the sight of the leash. The puppy was trailing close behind him, yipping excitedly. I groaned, falling back on my bed and pointing at the puppy.

“What is he doing here?” I asked.

“I couldn’t leave him alone outside and I was walking him when we passed by,” Myungsoo answered, crossing his arms. “Do you hate him that much? Because I personally think he’s great!”

“Why did you get him, Myungsoo?” I replied, sitting up. I crossed my feet under me, eyeing the dog as he got even more excited.

“I figured it would be good for us to learn how to take care of something,” he replied. I scoffed.
 
“This dog is a maniac!” I exclaimed.

“Do you think children will be any simpler than him?” Myungsoo snapped. I paused, eyeing the puppy and then him.

“What are you talking about children for? We’re not having a kid,” I frowned. “We’ve only been together two years.”

“Yeah, I know but... What, are you saying you don’t want to stay in this relationship to the point where we consider kids? If you can’t handle a dog, you won’t make it as a mother so I think our future is clear in that situation!”
 
“What is your problem?” I retorted, rising to my feet. “I never said I wanted to break up nor do you have the right to assume that! Are you seriously making this decision over my behaviour toward a damn dog? Seriously?”

“It’s true, though! You could tell me you want to stay with me,” he replied, “but what happens if we do last that long? Will you want children? Will you be willing to learn to take care of them? I don’t know what to think seeing how you treat him.”

We glared at each other. I was probably shaking with fury. Now usually, I was a complete sweetheart. When I got into disagreements, I was very polite when settling them, especially with Myungsoo. This, though, was absolutely ridiculous.

“Well then, if you want our future decided over a God damn dog then so be it,” I seethed. “I’ll make the ing choice. We’re done!”

His anger slowly faded as my words sunk in. His jaw dropped slightly. I glared at him, daring him to say another word. I wanted him out. I was pissed off and now I was on the verge of tears. I did not want this to see me in that state.

“Get out,” I breathed quietly. That was the only way I could keep my emotions in check.

“But I di-”

“I said get out!” I snapped, glaring at him as my eyes brimmed with tears. “Go away! I don’t want to ing see you! Leave me alone!”

My mother was upstairs now, a shocked look on her face as she glanced between the two of us. “What’s going on in here?”

“Get him out,” I ordered, jabbing my finger at Myungsoo. He shook his head, making a move toward me. “Stay away from me!”

My mother jumped, quick to do as I had asked. She grabbed Myungsoo by the wrist, leading him out of the room. I rose, slamming the door behind them. Returning to my bed, I plopped down face first, tears coursing down my cheeks as I let my walls down.

“What happened?”

I groaned softly. I knew she’d come and investigate. She always did. The moment I came home in a bad mood, she was on my case immediately. Usually I appreciated it, but today just wasn’t one of those days. I just wanted to be alone and cry.

“Hyunae, talk to me,” she murmured. I felt the bed sink next to me as she took a seat, her hand resting on my hip.

“Go away,” I mumbled, hiding my face.

“Baby, tell me what’s wrong? Why have you been sleeping here these past few nights? Why did you just break up with him?”

“I’ve been staying here more often because of that dumb dog of his,” I snapped. “It’s so annoying. It never shuts up. All it does is bark, eat, throw up, and . He barely even sleeps. He won’t even shut up during the night.”

“Okay…” she frowned, “but why did you break it off all of a sudden.”

“Because he was stupid enough to tell me that our relationship’s future was based off how I treat the damn mutt,” I snapped. “That’s why I broke it off. He had the balls to tell me I wouldn’t make a good mother, either. Who says I even want kids? It’s not like we’re having kids any time soon, too! , he just pissed me off!”

My mother stayed quiet, watching as I slowly relaxed. I glared at the photos of Myungsoo and me from before we had moved in together. He had no right to say any of that crap to me. That hurt look on his face when he left? Well, the er should’ve seen it coming.

“Honey,” my mother started, her hand pressing lightly on my hip to catch my attention. “You do realize that was very irrational.”

I was irrational? Mom, he was basing our relationship off a ing dog!” I protested.

“Do not swear at me, Hyunae,” my mother warned, her eyes glinting dangerously. “Listen to me. You both are wrong in this situation. You should have found a better solution. He should have thought before accusing you and saying all those things. You both have to figure this out and get back together. You need to grow up and deal with the fact that your boyfriend was ready to move forward in this relationship. You have to figure out if that’s what you want. Do you understand?”

I didn’t answer. I just kept looking at the photos along my wall and on my night stand. I didn’t want to agree with her on this.

“Honey, answer me,” my mother ordered.

“Fine,” I mumbled, glaring at her. “Can you leave now?”

“Only if you promise to call Myungsoo,” she bargained.

“No,” I refused bluntly.

“Right, I’m not going anywhere then,” she shrugged, crossing her legs under her. I groaned.

“Mom, please, I just want to be alone,” I sighed.

“I don’t care,” she replied. “Hun, all you have to say is that you will call. I won’t force you to do it until you’re ready. Just tell me you’ll call him and I will leave.”

“Fine,” I sighed. “I will call Myungsoo when I am ready.”

“Good,” she smiled. “I love you, hun.”

“I love you, too,” I sighed, watching her leave the room.

I looked out the window once the door was closed, shaking my head as thoughts filled it. My mother always did that. She knew well enough that I was impulsive. It didn’t matter what it was. If I was angry, the first thing that came to mind was my solution. I didn’t step back to think about the consequences. I couldn’t or else I’d wind up like I used to be: a little wimp with no independence.

I stayed in my room for a good two hours before figuring I was alright. As I rose, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Reaching down, I pulled it out and stared at the ID. It was Myungsoo. I closed my eyes, taking a breath as I answered.

“Hello?”

“I’m sorry,” he gasped from the other end of the line. I hesitated. “No, I’m serious! I completely overreacted! Please, you already know how I get when I’m frustrated!”

I felt my heart pound as I held the phone to my ear. I closed my eyes, shaking my head. “I’m sorry too. I overreacted too. I just… That dog really is insane.”

I heard him let out an airy laugh, an image of his relieved smile flooding my mind. I hated the look he’d had when I’d kicked him out. That was the worst expression I’d ever seen on him.

“Really,” I breathed, falling onto my bed, “I am so sorry for what I said. I shouldn’t have done that. I didn’t want to end it. Really, I didn’t. I promise I’ll deal with the dog. I’ll stop hating him. Please, I’m sorry...”

I sat there in silence, waiting for his response. I couldn’t find any other words to express how horrible I felt now. It was impossible. I lay back, my arm resting across my eyes as tears started flowing. I couldn’t help it. I just couldn’t get over the guilt.

“I forgive you,” Myungsoo finally replied. I hesitated on my turn. I didn’t want him to know I was crying.

“I…I f-forgive you too,” I murmured, wiping my cheek as I stared at the ceiling.

“Are you crying?” he asked, his tone sounding completely horrified. I shook my head, taking a breath.

“Myungsoo, I’m fine,” I replied. Sadly, my voice shook.

The other line was quiet, though. I waited for him to speak up, long enough to wonder if he had hung up on me.

“Can I come over?” he asked nervously. I sniffled and sat up.

“Yes,” I confirmed.

He hung up after that. I had no idea how long it would take him to get here but it was going to be hell. I had to see him. I did my best to wipe away the tears before he got here. I hated when people saw me cry. It made me feel weak.

He was here within five minutes. My head shot up as he burst into the room. The moment I set eyes on him, I started crying again. I cursed myself silently for losing my composure. He had no objection to my reaction, though.

He joined me on the bed, slipping his arms around me tentatively. I let myself be pressed against his front, my hands resting on his chest. I hid my face against shoulder, apologies flying from my mouth a mile a minute.

Feeling his grip around me tighten, I found the strength to slip my arms around his waist as well. Knowing he was still letting me do this was enough to calm me down. I shouldn’t have even questioned it, though. He was the one who had hugged me first. I shouldn’t have even worried that he wouldn’t want me touching him.

“Relax,” he murmured in my ear. “Calm down, Hyunae. It’s over. We’re alright.”

I shivered, nodding head as I hugged him closer. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

END

 

Hope you like it! ^^

 

Request Oneshot Here

Apply to be a staff Here