Will you be mine? (Ri Kyung + Yoseob)

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

By: 2pmvietguh

For: simplyme_94

 

Please listen to Jay Park's I got your back while reading this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDVlT1x8VdI


Yoseob was looking at the pictures that was taken during graduation. He crossed path with a picture that he took with his high school crush, Ryung Ri Kyung.

"Whatever happened to Ryung Ri Kyung? Are any of you guys still in contact with her?" Yoseob was curious.

"You didn't know? She moved to Japan with her brother right after graduation" Junhyung said as he flipped through channels. 

"True, but Hyuna told me that Ri Kyung's just returned to Seoul a couple of days ago" Ki Kwang explained.

"Why doesn't anyone inform me about any of these things?" he pouted.

"You never asked" Ki Kwang shrugged. "Ani, why are you all of a sudden asking about her?"

"What, do you still like her?" Junhyung teased.

"Didn't you say that we ran out of orange juice?" Yoseob managed to avoid the question.

He hurriedly pulled on his shoes and left the apartment. Conveniently enough, the convenience store was right across the street from where the three best friends lived.

Meanwhile. . .

"Oppa, I'm not a little girl" Ri Kyung said to the other person on the other line.

"You can't blame me. You all of a sudden wanted to change your mind and returned to Seoul. You can't blame your brother for worrying about his little dongsaeng. If it wasn't for my job along with the promotion that I've just gotten, I would immediately fly back to Seoul with you" her brother said.

"Araso araso. Oppa, I have to go. Uh, I'll call you later. Bye oppa" she quickly avoided her brother's nagging.

Ri Kyung looked up at the beautiful apartment complex; she was grateful that her best friend found a nice place for her to move in to. The problem now is lugging her suitcases and duffel bag upstairs; thank goodness there were elevators there. But, the distance between the gates and the actual entrance of the apartment complex was quite a distance.

"Ryung Ri Kyung?" she heard a somewhat familiar voice call her name.

She slowly turned around to see her high school crush standing a few yards away from her.

"Yang Yoseob?" a smile unknowingly crossed her face. "It's been a while"

"Ironic how I was thinking about her just now" Yoseob thought.

Yoseob noticed the suitcases and duffel bag that Ri Kyung managed to carry by herself. "Are you moving in?"

"Uh" she nodded.

Yoseob offered to help carry some of her luggages as the two entered the apartment complex together. 

"What floor?" he asked her as they got inside the elevator.

"Fourth"

He was a bit disappointed, as he pressed the fourth and fifth floor button.

"I heard that you moved to Japan with your brother" Yoseob tried to start a conversation.

Yoseob helped her carry her belongings up to her front door before the two bid their farewells.

"Well, it was really nice to see you again" Ri Kyung said to him as she tried to unlock her apartment door.

"It was nice to see you too" she smiled.

"Then, I'll see you around?"

"Uh, see you around" Ri Kyung slightly waved before closing the door.

After that coincidental meet, Yoseob and Ri Kyung later found out that they were attending the same university, Dankook University. The two gradually became closer as time passes by.

A few days prior to White Day. . ..

"My friend set me on a blind date the other day" Ri Kyung casually said to Yoseob. The two were hanging out at their usual place; the university's coffee shop.

"Blind date?! You never told me about you going on a blind date before. What's his name? What does he look like? Is he taller than I am?" Yoseob bombarded her with questions.

"Whoa, whoa, I didn't know that I was supposed to inform you about every little detail that goes on in my life. Well, you seem surprised" she took a small sip of drink from her americano.

"Uh. It's just, I'd never thought that you would agree to something like that" Yoseob managed to calm down a bit.

"This was my first blind date actually" she confessed. "It's nothing to be proud of. I mean, the guy was sweet and all but, it just didn't feel right"

"Oh, really?"

She nodded, "I think that blind dates are just a waste of time" Ri Kyung looked at her watch, "Oh no! I'm going to be late for Professor Kim's class" she gathered up her papers and textbooks.

"Ri Kyung-ah" he called after her before she left for her class.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"Promise me that that will be your only blind date" Yoseob looked at her.

"Eh?" she gave him a quizzical look.

"Just, don't go on any other blind dates from now on, araso?"

"Is he getting jealous?" she thought. "Cute"

"I can't guarantee that" she tried not to crack a smile.

"Wae?" Yoseob wanted to know.

She simply shrugged; she couldn't help but smile.

"Yah, promise me that you won't go on any other blind dates" Yoseob almost demanded.

"I'll see you later" she said and hurried down the hall, towards her class.

"I don't want you to go on blind dates. What if you actually fall for one of those guys? No, I can't just sit here and do nothing. I've done that for three years now, I can't continue on like this. Before I know it, I'm going to lose her to someone else"  Yoseob has to come up with a plan to confess to her, and he has to come up with one fast.


White Day soon came around the corner. . .

"Hyung, can't you just help the poor guy out?" Ki Kwang asked Junhyung.

"You're not the only one who wants to confess" Junhyung mumbled. "Fine, I'll help you. It better not take long. I have places to go and a girl to confess to" Junhyung hopped up from his seat and grabbed his backpack and shoes.

"Thanks hyung!" Yoseob tightly hugged Junhyung causing him to almost trip over his feet.

"Yoseob, do you at least have a plan? It is kind of last minute you know" Ki Kwang was worried that things might not turn out the way that his friend wanted.

Yoseob quickly told his friends about his plan, as to how he will confess to Ri Kyung.

"I've been listening to this song since it came out the other day" Yoseob said as he grabbed his guitar and lyrics sheet. "Junhyung hyung, Ki Kwang, hear me out first before I carry on with my plan"

And so, with Yoseob's plan, the three arrived at Dankook University.

At this time, Ri Kyung is usually studying at the university's coffee shop. To make sure that she was there, he texted her.

From: Yoseob
To: Ri Kyung

    Where are you?

From: Ri Kyung
To: Yoseob

    Coffee Shop. Wae?- Where are you? I haven't seen you around today.

"She's at the coffee shop" Yoseob sped down a flight of stairs. Junhyung and Ki Kwang quickly followed behind.

While he hurried to the coffee shop, he texted her another message "Stay there, araso?"

Within three minutes, he arrived at the shop. (nearby) He texted her again, "Step outside"

Bewildered, Ri Kyung slowly got up from her seat and stepped outside of the coffee shop. She let out a small gasp when she saw Yoseob standing from a distance with a guitar in hand. He started to play a familiar melody.

"Jay Park's I got your back" she thought. That was the song that she had kept on replay ever since Jay Park's album came out.

As soon as he finished serenading to her,

"So, Ryung Ri Kyung, will you be mine?" Yoseob asked.

"Say yes! Say yes! Say yes!" the crowd of around a dozen, chanted.

Yoseob was eagerly waiting for her answer. After a short moment, she shyly nodded. He handed the guitar over to Ki Kwang as Junhyung handed him the bouquet of flowers. He then gave her the bouquet of flowers. Yoseob hugged her close.

"Aww, cute. Why can't you do something like that when you confessed to me" one of the girls in the crowd complained to her boyfriend.

As soon as Ki Kwang and Junhyung acknowledged their friend's success on getting his high school crush's heart, they left.

As Yoseob and Ri Kyung walked along the paths of the university's garden,

"What if I rejected you?" she was curious. "You didn't think about that did you?"

"I was sure that you wouldn't have the heart to reject someone as adorable as me" Yoseob pulled an aegyo act.

"Confident much Yang Yoseob?" she smiled.

"Uh" he said as he took a hold of her hand. "I had to be. If I wasn't, then how could I have a beautiful girlfriend like you?"

END

 

Hope you like it! ^^