Birthday Oneshot for Kyashii (Playful Melody)

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

  

October 21, 2011

By: 2pmvietguh

To: kyashii

Presenting. . .  "Promises Promises"
 

Hi Kathy! I'm one of Playful Melody's oneshot writers; I just wanted to wish you a Happy 22nd Birthday! Anyway, hope you like the oneshot that I've created for you. ^-^

 

  

Minho looked around the park. Kathy was nowhere to be found. He promised to meet her there at 10:00 p.m., but due to his schedule, he wasn't able to meet her.

He looked at his watch; it read 11:03 p.m. "I've broken yet another promise" he sighed.

Minho decided to drop by her apartment.

As soon as Kathy opened the door, "Mian noona. I j-" Kathy cut him off.

She had her arms crossed, "You've broken another promise"

"Noona, I'm really sorry, it's just-" he tried to say, but she cut him off again.

"I try to be understanding. But it's difficult Minho. If you can't keep your promise, then how about you don't make any in the future"

"Do you think I wanted to break my promise? Do you know how difficult it is to find any spare time with my packed schedule?"

"Then maybe we should stop seeing each other" she suggested.

"That's not what I meant" Minho wanted to explain to her.

"Then what?" she looked at him.

"I promise, jjinja, that I will go out with you this Friday, no matter what"

"You promise, but will you keep it or are you just going to break it again?" she asked him.

"I, well I have to check my schedule and see, but I'm sure that I'll be able to make it"

"Minho, it's late. I have work tomorrow, so..." she didn't want to listen to him anymore.

"Noona" he tried to stop her from closing the door.

"I'm tired. Just go home Minho" she said as she closed the door.

October 21, 2011

During the past few days, all Minho could think about was Kathy. He was so focused on thinking about her that he's made multiple mistakes on stage performances and other appearances that he and the other members of Shinee were on.

Minho promised her that he would be able to spend her birthday with her. He anxiously looked at his watch; it was already 9:34 p.m.

The manager hyung was on the phone, "Yes, I understand. So, tomorrow afternoon? Okay. Yes, yes, see you then" he said and ended the call.

"Kiddos, the interview has been rescheduled for tomorrow. You guys can go home and get some rest" he informed them.

Minho's ears perked up, "Jjinja hyung?"

"Uh wae"

"It's my girlfriend's birthday" he said.

"Wait, it's Kathy noona's birthday? You're only telling us now? We could have planned something for her birthday. I feel guilty now" Key pouted.

"It's okay" he assured his group members. "Hyung you can just drop me off right there" Minho said as he grabbed a navy blue cap laying in the backseat and wore it.

"Remember you have a schedule set at 7 in the morning tomorrow. Don't stay out too late"

"Yes hyung"

As soon as Minho got out of the van he looked around for a bakery shop.

"What do I do? There aren't any bakery shops nearby. Most of the shops are closed" Minho looked around a bit more and walked a couple of blocks. He soon spotted a grocery mart across the street.

About an hour later. . .

Kathy was busy working on the proposal that was due the next day. She heard a repetitive knock at the door. She took off her glasses and headed towards the door.

"Nugusaeyo?" she asked the person on the other side of the door.

"Noona, it's me"

Kathy could recognize that voice from anywhere. She opened the door, "What are you doing here?"

He held up the bags that he was carrying, "To celebrate your birthday. Aren't you going to invite me in?"

"Oh, right, come in" she stepped aside so he could enter.

"You've kept your promise Choi Minho" she thought.

Minho looked over at Kathy's desk. "Noona, you're still working?"

"Uh" she nodded.

"Well, put that aside for now" Minho said as he placed the grocery bags on top of the kitchen counters. "Food will be ready in an hour"

"Why are you here? Don't you have any schedule that you have to go to?"

"Ani. Plus, I promised that I'll cook for you on your birthday, remember?" Minho asked her as he took out the small birthday cake out of the box.

A small smile crossed her face as she remembered Minho's promise a month ago.

"I know I've made a lot of promises that I've never been able to live up to, but I can never break this promise. Noona, I really didn't mean to break my promise last time"

"I know" she softened.

"So you're not mad at me anymore?" he asked her.

She nodded, "Uh"

"That's a relief then" he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Wae?" she wanted to know.

"Because it was killing me, knowing that you were mad at me"

"I can never be mad at you for long" she hugged him.

She let go of him "Here, I'll help cut the vegetables" she offered.

"Ani, you're the birthday girl. I'll do it. Wait, before I do that" he started to lit the candles that were placed on the cake.

He started to sing the birthday song.

"Make a wish noona"

"Uh" she nodded, "I wish that I'll be able to spend my next birthday with Choi Minho"

Minho finally started to prepare and cook Kathy's favorite dishes. During halfway, Minho finally give in to letting Kathy help him preparing the food.

By the time they finished eating, it was already 1:14 a.m

"Mian noona, that I couldn't spend as much time with you as I wanted"

She hugged him tightly, "It doesn't matter, komawo Choi Minho"

He smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist, "Happy birthday noona" he said and leaned in to kiss her.

END