This perfect lie that we're living in (Rachel and Kibum)

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

By: 2pmvietguh

To: Rachel Porter/Sailorroxy

Hmm. .please listen to this song while reading. I think it relates to this oneshot, like towards the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrAYFGEC8yw

 

 

It was just like any ordinary day, Rachel would always head to Starbucks and order a cup of double expresso macchiato. She would always sit in the far right corner of the shop. She would stay there for about 20 minutes, and leave for work.

A mysterious young woman headed towards where Rachel was sitting.

"Hi, is it ok if I take a seat?" she greeted.

"Ummm..sure?-Wait, I'm sorry, but, do I. .know you?" Rachel asked. She set her ipod down on the table.

"I'm Kibum's girlfriend, BoA" she introduced herself.

"Excuse me?" Rachel was shocked, yet confused. "Girlfriend?" she asked.

BoA nodded.

"I think there's some kind of mistake here. Or maybe you happen to know someone else by the name of Kibum, but, I'm Kibum's girlfriend" she told BoA.

"I'm his girlfriend" she said for the second time.

"Excuse me? I really do believe that you've made some kind of mistake"

"He's wanted to break up with you, but he said that he feels bad for you, since you are so head over heels for him"

"There's no way. . .- Are you crazy?" Rachel looked at her.

"You don't believe me? I figured" she handed Rachel a set of pictures.

"You can keep those pictures if you want" she said.

Rachel was hesitant, but looked at the pictures anyway.

Later that day.. .

She told Kibum that she wanted to meet him.

"What is it, babe? Miss me?" he smiled as he tried to hug her.

She backed away a bit.

"What are these?" she threw the pictures at him.
 
He picked them up. He himself was shocked, those were the pictures of him and BoA, together. It was at his friend's part, last summer, when he and Rachel had an argument and. . .well, nothing happened though. It was just all a misunderstanding.

"Listen to me, Rachel. She's set all of this up" Kibum tried to tell her.

"Liar" she scoffed.

"I'm not lying, please, listen to me" he told her.

"I hate you, Kibum. I don't ever want to see you again. I'm done, we're done" she said as she walked away.

He tried to hold her back, but she pulled away from his grasp.

"I want to hold onto this love, but I can't accept the fact that you've cheated on me. If you cheated on me once, then that means that you will do it again. I can't believe that the person that I love could hurt me so much" she thought as she cried her eyes out.

She's the cause of the ending of their beautiful love. She made up lies, saying that Kibum has been cheating on Rachel. She even went far enough as to say that Rachel is only with him because of his money, well, his family's money. She's caused such horrible misunderstandings between the two. And because of Rachel's difficulty in trusting people, she ended things with him.

2 years later. . .

May 19, 2010

Rachel was still sleeping when her phone rang.

"Hello?" she said.

"Rachel!" Sam yelled through the phone.

"What is it? Why are you yelling? Is everything okay?" she asked her friend.

"I got the wrong contract papers, and I'm already late to my client's place as is, can you do me a huge favor and bring them to me? I'll give you the directions"

"Why are you so clumsy, Sam? Okay. Where is it?" Rachel asked as she got up from her bed.

"Thanks so much Rachel! If I could remember correctly, it should be on the top of my desk. It's either the blue folder or pink folder. I'm not sure which one's the right one"

"I'll just bring both of them. Give me the directions to that place, and I will be there ASAP" Rachel said as she took the two folders.

And so Sam told her friend the directions. Rachel threw on her blue hoodie and gray sweats, and a

"I'll be there in 30 minutes" she said.

During her way to the designated location.

Her phone started to ring. She picked it up.

"Yeah" she said as she took a right turn.

"Can you please hurry up! My client said that he has to leave for his flight to Seoul soon. This contract is really important!"

"I'm like five minutes away. Try to buy some time, okay?"

"I'm counting on you Rachel. So please hurry!"

"I know, don't worr-"

As Rachel was on the phone with her friend, there was a careless teen speeding nearby, while texting on his phone. He wasn't even paying attention to the road.

Crash!

--
One could hear the faint sound of sirens. The ambulance was heading towards the nearest hospital.

"Miss, can you hear me? Can you hear me?!" one of the nurses asked her.

Everything seemed so blurry in her view.

"Even though you've broken my heart, I still love you. Even though we're through, I still love you. These past two years ago, I still love you, Kibum. . ." 

Her eyelids became heavier. .it slowly closed.

--
Hospital

"Excuse me, hi, we're looking for Rachel Porter" Kevin said, as he and Sam tried to catch their breath.

"Rachel Porter?" the nurse asked. She checked the monitor. "She's been admitted to the ICU. She's now in room 3465. It's on the 7th floor" she informed them.

"Thank you" Kevin bowed.

They took the nearest elevator.

"It was all my fault. If it wasn't for me, this wouldn't have never happened" tears uncontrollably strolled down her cheeks.

Kevin took her hand. "Don't worry, everything will be okay"

They finally reached the 7th floor. She inhaled, then exhaled. Kevin's grip on her hand became tighter.

Room 3443. . room 3458. .room 3465.

Sam took another breath before she entered the room. Kevin finally opened the door.

She couldn't control her tears as she saw her best friend laying there on the hospital bed. She pretty much ran towards Rachel.

"Rachel-" she took a hold of Rachel's warm hand. She started to sob. Her words were all bunched up together.

"I'msosorrythiswasallmyfaultIshouldnthaveaskedyoutojsienPleaserachelwakeupnfiurhviubfgvtbgd" she babbled.

One of the main doctors came into the room. Kevin asked the doctor about Rachel's condition. Her condition is not that good. He is not sure when Rachel will wake up, it all depends on her. Even if she were to wake up, there's a high chance that she will lose some parts of her memory.

January 21, 2011

"Rachel, how are you?" she said to her friend. She had bought some more flowers. The previous ones have already wilted.

"Me and Kevin are doing pretty great. He won't be able to see you for a few weeks. He's traveled to Seoul to visit his family and friends" she said as she sat down beside her friend's bedside.

She noticed something.

"Doctor! Nurse? Someone! She's moving! Her fingers! They were moving!"

--
Later that day. .

"So, will she be able to be discharged today?"

"No, not quite. We still have to do some check ups, things like that. So, she can be discharged tomorrow afternoon"

"Oh, okay, thank you doctor" Sam thanked.

The next day-

Rachel looked around the hospital entrance.

"Where's Kibum?" she asked Sam.

Sam looked at her friend. "Rachel, what are you talking about?"

"She might forget some of the sad things that happened during these past years. She might be able to slowly gain it. But that's a small chance" the doctor said.

"Kibum. .you know, my boyfriend?" she looked at her friend.

"Boyfriend?" she asked her.

"But they've already broken up two years ago" Sam thought to herself.

"She can't handle any additional stress, it'll worsen her memories" Sam remembered what the doctor said before.

Sam had to think quick. "Oh, Kibum. He's on a business trip with his father" she lied.

"When will he be back? I really want to see him" she said.

"I'm not sure. I'll take you home, so you can get some rest" she changed the subject.

"Oh, okay" Rachel nodded.

(Hospital scene note: It's a fan fic, so please excuse my lack of health care knowledge. With the whole coma thingy, and how long one's in a coma. I know that if one's in a coma for a very long time, then they will become a complete vegetable. .No, I mean, be in a vegetative state, and it will be hard for them to go back to the way they were before. .but, it's just a story, please don't criticize)

--

The next morning- 8:56 a.m.

Sam was standing in front of Kibum's family's company. She was still in debate whether she should enter or not, whether she should tell him about Rachel's condition or not.

She finally decided to enter the building.

"Hi, I'm looking for Kibum Kim" she said to the young woman sitting behind the counter.

"Do you have an appointment?" the young woman asked Sam.

"No, but-" Sam tried to say.

"I'm sorry, you will need to make an appointment in order to see Mr. Kim" the young woman said as she continued to work on whatever she was working on before Sam came.

"Please, I really need to see him. It won't take that long, I promise"

"I'm sorry, Miss- but" she stopped, "Mr. Kim"

Kibum walked out of his office.

"Kibum!"

He was surprised to have seen Sam. They haven't seen or contacted each other ever since Kibum and Rachel broke up, which was two years ago.

"What are you doing here?"

"I. .can we talk?" she asked him.

He looked at his watch. "I'll give you five minutes" he said as he went back into his office.

And so, Sam explained to Kibum about how Rachel got into a car accident, and how she has lost a part of her memory. One of the memories that she has lost was the fact that she and Kibum had already broken up two years ago. So, she thinks that she and Kibum are still together.

"It would be nice if you could, like, put up an act as her boyfriend, you know?"

"Sam, just leave" he said.

"Kibum Kim, are you really that cold hearted? Even if it was for a moment, you did love her. You guys were together for four years. Can't you just take this as helping someone who you used to love?" she asked him.

"Her problem doesn't concern me at all. I don't know why you came here to tell me about this in the first place" he said to her as he checked his watch.

"You really are a jerk" she said as she got her purse and left his office.

"Kibum, we really have to go now, don't want to be late to the meeting" Dongho told him. Dongho is Kibum's assistant.

During the meeting, all he could think of was Rachel. He wanted to know how she's doing. He hasn't seen her for a while now. The last time that he has seen her was last year, at his friend, Kiseop's party; she was SooHyun's date that night. He tried to recall everything about her, all of the most recent memories that he had with her.. .but the only thing that seemed to came up, was their break up.

"Kibum, Kibum!" Eli tried to get his attention.

He was still in a daze, "Yeah" he looked up.

"I said that are you okay with this proposal?" he asked Kibum.

He had no idea what Eli was talking about.

"I'm not sure. I will think about it- Let's end this meeting for now" he said as he got up and left.

"But, Kibum-" he called after him. He had already left.

"Dongho, cancel any appointments that I have today"

"But-" Dongho tried to say.

"Just cancel them!" Kibum was annoyed.

"Okay, okay" Dongho did as he was told.

On the other hand-

Kevin and Sam were hand in hand walking towards a nearby cafe.

"What do I do now? If I tell her the truth; the fact that they have already broken up two years ago, it will just hurt her. She can't handle that stress, at all"

"She will find out sooner or later though, Sam" Kevin told her.

"I.. .it's really difficult for me to tell her. I guess, I'll tell her sooner or later, but just not now"

--
The next day-

Kibum cancelled all of his appointments that day. He wanted to see her.

She was wearing an oversized pink sweatshirt, and gray sweats. She ordered her favorite, double expresso macchiato.

"She always goes on with an empty stomach" he thought.

He was walking a distance from her.

She was holding onto her cup of coffee. She was checking her phone. She absentmindedly crossed the streets. He quickly pulled her back.

"Be careful" he said to her.

"Kibum" she looked at him. She hugged him. "Why are you here? Sam said that you were on a business trip" she said to him.

"I. .I've just returned earlier this morning" he lied.

"Ohh"

He hugged her close to him.

"Kibum" she said.

"Yeah"

"Can't . . breathe" she uttered.

He quickly let go of her.

"Are you trying to kill me?"

He smiled.

"You haven't eaten yet, have you? Let's go get something to eat" he told her.

After that, the two went to a nearby beach-

The two were kidding around at the beach. Kibum was chasing after her.

The two finally took a break from all the running.

Rachel had her head rested on Kibum's shoulder.

"Rachel" he called her name.

"Uh"

"I just want to let you know, that, I really love you" he said to her.

"I know. I love you too, Kibum" she said to him as she looked at the beautiful beach view.

"I hope that you will permanently, completely forget what happened these past few years. That's the only way we can start fresh" he thought.

It was already 9:47 p.m.

"Let's go to the movies" he told her.

"Sounds great! What should we watch. . comedy? Horror? Action?"

During the movie, she fell asleep. Their hands were still intertwining. With his free hand, he swept her bangs to the side. He lightly kissed her on the forehead.

The movie finally ended.

It was already midnight.

"Baby, wake up. The movie's already ended" he gently shook her.

She yawned and stretched her arms, "Uh, let's go" their hands intertwined.

The two left the movie theater. Kibum didn't want the day to end. But, technically, didn't it already end? But anyway. . .

"Let's go grab a late night snack" he suggested.

"Baby, it's already late, aren't you tired? I mean I loved the fact that I've had you all to myself the whole day, but you have to go to work tomorrow" she told him.

"It's just I want to spend as much time with you as I can. We have missed out on so much" he said.

To her, she thought that he meant the fact that she has been unconscious for these last past months. But, to him, he was talking about the past two years that they have been missing out, since they've broken up back then.

"Aww.  .I do too. Then, let's go for a late night snack, and then home" she told him.

1:03 a.m.

He drove her back to her apartment.

"I don't want to let go of her at all. Because, it feels as if once I let her go, I will lose her, yet again. I just want to stay by her side" he thought to himself.

They were getting close to her apartment. Their hands were still intertwined.

They finally reached their destination.

"I had a great day with you today" she hugged him.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, he didn't let go. She also wrapped her arms around his waist.

"I'm scared, I really am. I'm afraid that everything will abrubtly end once you've regained your memory" he thought.

"I'll stay here with you tonight" he told her.

__________________________________

5 years later-

Rachel and Kibum have been with each other ever since that day. The two have a kid together, and they named the baby, Skyler Marshall Gray Kim.

At some park in L.A.-

Rachel ran towards Skyler and picked him up.

"Auntie Sam!" Skyler exclaimed.

"Skyler!" she smiled. She picked him up from the ground. "Wow, you've gotten heavier!"

"Mommy makes me eat a lot of food" Skyler said as he patted his tummy.

"You've forgotten about Uncle Kevin?" Kevin frowned, "I even bought you a gift. I guess I'll just-"

"Auntie Sam, put me down!" Skyler exclaimed.

"Uncle Kevin!" he ran towards Kevin.

"Hey, we're going to go buy some ice cream, okay?" Sam said to Kevin and Rachel.

"Yeah, okay, I'll set up the picnic table" Rachel said.

Sam and Kibum were heading towards a nearby convenient store to buy ice creams.

"She still doesn't remember anything?" Sam asked Kibum.

"Yeah, and that's a good thing. We would have never gotten back together" Kibum said.

"I guess that's a good thing, for the both of you, then. She would have never gotten back with you, you-" he interrupted her.

"It was all just a misunderstanding in the first place" he said to her.

"I don't know, but, what has happened, happened. Just take this as if He's given you another chance. Promise that you will treat her well, Kibum" Sam told him.

"I will"

Kevin was playing catch with Skyler, and Rachel was finishing up with the whole setting the picnic table up.

"Guys, let's take a break! Ice cream time!" Sam exclaimed.

The little game came to a stop.

"Skyler Marshall Gray Kim, come over here" she yelled to her son as he and Kevin headed towards the picnic table.

After the picnic. .  .

"Well, we have to catch our flight to Seoul. Anything you want while we're there?" Sam asked the two.

"Hmm..nothing really" Rachel told her friend.

"Okay, I guess we're leaving now" Sam said, "Bye!" she hugged her friend, and then hugged Kibum.

She whispered into his ear, "Remember what you promised"

"Bye Skyler, Auntie and Uncle's leaving" Sam said as she hugged Skyler.

Kevin and Sam walked away hand in hand. Kevin stopped in his steps.

"What is it? Why are you stopping in your steps all of a sudden?" Sam asked him.

He took out a small black box. She looked at him.

"Marry me, Sam" he said to her, as he kinda sorta kneeled down to propose to her.

"Ehh.. we'll see" she smiled as she walked away.

Kevin quickly got up from the ground.

"Sam, if you don't want to get married, then. . ." he trailed off. "Nevermind, might as well throw this away" he said as he headed towards one of the neabry trashcans.

She turned around. She quickly took it. "Are you crazy Kevin Woo?" she asked him.

He smiled, "So, I take that as a yes"

On the other hand. . .

"Skyler, carry these for mommy" Rachel gave her son a small basket filled with snacks.

"Okay, do we have everything?" she asked aloud as she checked. "Yup, we do, let's go home!" she announced.

Rachel turned around, "Kibum, why are you still standing there. Let's go home" she told him.

Kibum looked at his girlfriend and smiled. He headed towards their car.

"Rachel, without knowing, I have hurt you before. I unintentionally broke your heart, and never made an attempt to mend it. I'm sorry. .I really am. But, like Sam had said, take this as if He's given me another chance. I will, definitely treat you well. I will never dare make you cry, I will only be the one who makes you smile, whenever you're feeling down. I will make you the happiest person who's ever walked on this planet earth, you the one who I love so dearly"

END.


I really hope you like it! ^-^