39 Secs

4ever 2pm's Oneshots (HIATUS)

By: Chiaki-chan

For: Samantha

It was an ordinary day in Seoul – except for Samantha. Samantha is a smart girl who got accepted in one of Seoul’s top universities. She’s originally from America but decided to transfer to Seoul.


“Ah, first day of school. I’m so happy. I still couldn’t believe I got accepted.” Samantha told herself while she was carrying stacks of books. She was happily humming until-


“Be careful, miss.” A boy, about Samantha’s age said. He wrapped his arms around Samantha to make sure she doesn’t fall and carried her books with his other arm. His piercing eyes looked through her.


“Thank you.” Samantha said as she gathered her books and bowed. The moment she left, the boy turned around with a smirk.


“Interesting.” He muttered.


---


It was already the end of school for the day. Samantha was finishing up her work when she heard a thump.


“Huh?” she said. The moment she looked up, she saw the boy from earlier. The one who had saved her from

falling, the only difference was that he was inches closer to her. With his hand on top of her desk, he smirked.


“Hey.” he casually said. She could only nod.


“I’m Heechul, Jung Heechul.” He introduced himself. She had heard of him before. Heechul – the playboy. And

yet, there was a strange force that drew her closer to him. As if she was a puppet and he was her puppeteer.


“Nice to meet you.” She managed to say. Heechul drew back.


“And you are?” he asked.


“I’m Samantha.” She finally introduced herself – mentally slapping herself for forgetting to introduce herself.


“So, Samantha, what are you doing?” Heechul asked as he looked around her table.


“Well, I’m finishing some work for next week.” She said as she gathered her papers.


“Are you done?” Heechul asked. She nodded.


“Well then, mind if I walk you home?” he smiled. She was mesmerized by him. She could only nod.


It was the same as the other days. Heechul would walk Samantha home and they would often eat lunch

together. All the other students warned her about him but all she did was shrug and say,


“I know what you’re trying to say. But he’s nothing like that.”


One day, while Heechul was walking Samantha home, he suddenly stopped. Samantha noticed and went a few

steps back. Heechul looked at her and held her hand. He gently her cheek.


“Samantha, I think, I know a lot about you, and, I like you. Can you go out with me?” Samantha was so shocked and delighted by his confession – all she could do was nod.


The moment they started dating, rumors started to arose. All the students noticed the changes in Heechul’s

behavior. They noticed that he became different. After a few months, the students thought that he finally

changed.


“I can’t believe it! Heechul has changed!” some girls would say to each other. Whenever Samantha heard this, she would smile to herself.


She was walking towards the park on a sunny morning. She would be meeting Heechul in the park. It was their

5th monthsary. For that occasion, she prepared a silver necklace with the letters H & S that is encircled in a half and when brought together, it would form a heart. She smiled as she looked at it.


“Oppa!” she said when she saw Heechul. Unlike his usual face, he looked different. He also had a different aura around him. She stopped right in front of him.


“Samantha, we have been dating for months now. And, well, I have grown tired of you. I’m breaking up with you.” The moment he said it, it was like time had stopped. He walked away, leaving a crying Samantha in the deserted park.


After an hour, Samantha stands up and leaves the park. Leaving the necklace in the trash can. She went back to her apartment and sat in a corner. After a while, she stands up and brings a lot of junk food and started to stuff herself. Because of eating a lot, her stomach ached that’s why she rushed to a store. Due to her rushing, she didn’t see where she was and bumped into someone.


“I’m sorry.” A handsome boy smiled and bowed. She did the same and left.


The next, early in the morning, she sees a moving truck beside her apartment. Out of curiosity, she went out to take a look. Out in the corner of her eye, she saw the same handsome boy she saw last night. He was carrying these big boxes with ease. She looked at him. As if feeling her look at him, the boy caught Samantha’s gaze. She smiled. He returned it.


Days have passed Samantha, and the boy whose name was Kevin became close. Kevin started to have this feeling in his heart. He also started feeling a burning feeling inside him whenever she got close to a friend who was a boy.


One day, while Kevin and Samantha were going around Seoul, Kevin suddenly suggests that they go to the Han River. She agreed. Excited to come to the river.


It was already sunset when they reached the river. It was a breathtaking sight that Samantha enjoyed. Kevin took her hand and said,


“Samantha, will you go out with me?” she looked down to her shoes and let go of his hand.


“I’m…sorry Kevin. I can’t…I…I still love Heechul.” She said.


“Forget about him. Give me 39 seconds to get your heart.” And he kissed her.


Coincidently, Heechul was at the river as well. He was simply walking when he saw what had happened. Ever since the day he left her in the park, he have been weird. He has never felt like it before and now, his suspicions were right – he was falling in love with her.


“Hey!” he said, grabbing her off Kevin. Kevin backed off and left.


Heechul took Samantha away from the place. He confessed his feelings to her and this time, they were real.


-After one year-


It’s been a year ever since all the drama happened. There was no news about Kevin until they received an invitation.


‘Hello! You are invited to Kevin Kim’s and ____’s wedding.’


Samantha showed to invite to Heechul. They both smiled and looked up the sky.


“At least now, he has found the person he’s looking for, and all it took him was 39 seconds after he kissed me.” Samantha thought.
 
Hope you like it!