Lost Memories

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

33

In the Fish fond, in Yama gakuen

The young I was there, talking to a young boy.

The young boy confessed his love towards me. “Erika, I love you, you’re the only girl I want to be my bride”

The young I smiled. I took the hand of that young boy. I told him that I also like him…

 

Therapy session (Hypnosis)

To get my memory back I and Nino attended hypnosis sessions.

This was part of my parents’ request, to live as Erika Yamato, so I have to regain my memories.

 

I was also enrolled in Yama University.

Just like before I saw my friends in school.

It seemed that everything returned to normal, the only difference was my name. I wasn’t Mao anymore but Erika Yamato.

I lived in Matsumoto residence but too cold to Yukie.

 

At school Maki noticed my changes.

I changed because I wasn’t Mao

 

After school I went home directly.

 

“Hey, that’s not the direction to Village 1, where are we going?” I asked the driver. Yukie was the one who chose that driver for me.

“Sorry miss, but this is an order from Boss Yano”

“From Yano?”

 

Shortly, we arrived in a club house.

There was lot of flowers inside. Those flowers succeeded to help me feel better. Since before, I always love to see flowers.

“Mao!” called Yano.

Till now he was much comfortable in calling me Mao.

I saw him holding a bouquet of roses.

“Here!” said Yano giving me the bouquet.

I accepted it “Thank you”  

Yano stared at me.

“W-why?” I asked. I suddenly felt awkward.

“I love you…” said Yano.

As always his voice made me happy. If Yano wasn’t here I guess I would hate Yamato clan again.

“Mao, I have something to give you…” Yano showed a small box. Inside was a ring.

“Let’s get married!” said Yano.

We had been married because of unwanted mistake, now Yano wanted a marriage for real… a marriage that will seal our love for each other.

“Yano… before I accept your proposal can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“During the hypnosis, I had a dream… a dream between the young me and a young boy, I’m not sure but I guess it’s you…”

“You mean you remember something?” asked Yano excitedly.

“Perhaps…but what I wanted to confirm is that scene… you said before that Erika and you like each other, right?”

“Yeah” Yano nodded

“If that the case, how come I hated you in my dream?”

Yano smiled “At first you really hate me, because instead of Yukie I’m the one who was pointed to be the next leader…but because of my perseverance you finally fell in love with me”

“No!” I answered

Yano was puzzled “What do you mean?”

“The young me didn’t love that boy…”

“Huh?”

 

[Flash back]

The young boy (Yano) confessed his love towards the young me.

I accepted his love saying that I also like him… but deep inside was a plan.

“I will pretend that I love you, so I can use you…”

[End of flash back]

 

“Mao, tell me what did you remember?”

I smiled “It’s nothing” I said. Of course I didn’t want to tell Yano about this.  “Here!” I presented my hand “I want the ring.”

Yano wear the ring to me then hugged me.

I could feel how much he loved me, and soon we will be married, but there was something bothered me. Is it true that Erika didn’t really love him?

*

 

“Nee-chan, why didn’t you attend the hypnosis?” asked Nino. He personally went to my room just to ask that.

“Nino, I won’t go back in that therapy” I confessed.

“Huh, but why?”

“That Erika… she’s a bad person!”

“W-what do you mean?” Nino wondered.

It happened that Yukie heard our conversation.

“There’s a memory that flash to me. Erika didn’t love Yano, she just used him!”

“Huh?” Nino couldn’t believe what I was saying.

“It was clear to me, Erika pretended to love Yano. I can’t forgive her for doing such thing to my Yano!”

“Nee-chan…”

“If the only thing that I could remember is bad things about Erika, I guess it’s better not to remember anything!”

“NO!” Nino complained. “Nee-chan, aren’t you happy that you are Erika?  Look, you’re a real Yamato, you’re my real sister and most of all you’re Yano’s first love. Being Erika is so much for you!”

“Nino, you don’t understand!” I whined.

“The one that I don’t understand is you… nee-chan tell me is it really hard to accept that you’re Erika? You even neglect Yukie-nee!”

Nino’s words hit me. He was right since the day I found out that I was the real Erika, I still didn’t show any affection to Yukie. I even avoid her calling nee-chan.

“Do you hate Yukie-nee? Do you hate Mao (Erika)? Do you hate me for insisting that you’re Erika Yamato?”

“That’s enough!” I shouted. I was tired to hear same words all over again. I knew Nino already accept his real identity, unlike me who still hated to be Erika especially now that I remembered that she fooled Yano.

“I don’t want to accept Miss Yukie, because if I do it only means that I also accept to be Erika Yamato.”

Yukie closed her eyes. My words were a chaos for her.

“So you really don’t want to be Erika!”

I didn’t respond

“You don’t want to be Erika, do you?” Nino repeated using high tones.

“Yes!” I responded. “Yes Nino, I hate to be Erika! What I wanted to be is to be Mao Matsuzawa again. Yes, she’s poor but she’s happy because she has a complete family, she has friends and above all Mao Matsuzawa can’t lie to Yano!’

Yukie showed herself.

I and Nino was surprised especially when Yukie get near me.

She gave me a hard slap on my face.

 

“”It’s for you, to wake you up!” said Yukie.

I couldn’t react. That was the most painful slap I ever received in my entire life.

“Sorry to say this, but… you’re not Mao Matsuzawa, you are Erika Yamato!” Yukie insisted. There was fire on her eyes.

Nino tried to stop her “Nee-chan, I’m sorry for what Mao-nee said, please let just leave her!’

“No!” said Yukie “I want to say this to her face…” Yukie looked at me fiercely. “In some instance you’re right, Erika is cruel, she is cruel because she lost her memory, she forget how painful it is to lost your parents”

I found myself speechless.

Miss Yukie had point. Last time I was mourning for the lost of my parents… how could I forget that she also lost her parents, or should I say my real parents?

Yukie continued “Thanks to your amnesia you don’t feel the same pain as us. I won’t ask you to sympathize with me, just think about Nagi, because among us, he’s the one in total pain. Nagi kept the pain just to know who the master mind in the assassination. You’re the only one who could tell who’s the culprit, but look at you… you’re stopping yourself to remember!”

A scene suddenly flashed in my mind

 

[Flashback]

“Nee-chan I broke Nagi;’s toys!” I was crying while telling these words to a young girl (Yukie) “What should I do, he will surely get mad at me…”

“Daijoubu!” nee-chan replied while tapping my shoulder “You can easily tame him…”

“Easily tame him, but how?” I wondered.

Nee-chan smiled…

[End of Flash back]

 

“Nee-chan!”I called

Yukie-nee stared at me

“Nee-chan…” I repeated… “Sweet orange…” I said without realizing that my tears were already dripping.

Yukie-nee’s eyes got widened. The  last words that came out from my mouth had meaning for her.

“Sweet orange…?”

She then recalled the day where in we talked about oranges.

 

 

 

“What should I do to tame Nagi?” the young me asked.

Yukie-nee looked at the window… “I think the oranges are ready to harvest…”

 “Nee-chan, are you sure Nagi would like orange?”

“I like to eat sweet oranges, so maybe Nagi would love them too…”

“You mean you’re not sure?”

Yukie-nee laughed and then messed my hair. “Sweet orange will be effective, trust me!”

 

 

Among all people, there were only two people who knew Yukie-nee’s favorite food, and that was her ex boyfriend and her little sister.

“Erika!” she cried. In a blink of eyes she was hugging me.

 

Finally, all became well… at last I remembered my sister.

I didn’t actually remember the whole thing, but I already knew that Yukie-nee became part of my life… she was the person I always wanted to be me…

 

 

Just like in fairy tale all of us wanted to live happily ever after, but I guess we couldn’t achieve it if we remain unmoved.

 

*

As Yano let go of the arrow, he easily hit the bull’s eye. He was preparing to do another bull’s eye when I hugged him from his back.

“Mao?” said Yano.

“I’m sorry…” I whispered.

“For what?” Yano questioned.

“Because as Erika I hurt you…”

 I decided to tell Yano what I remembered.

“Erika lied to you, Yano… I lied to you.  When I agreed to be your bride I was just pretending... So please forgive me…I may be fooled you those days but now, you know how much I love you…”

“Stop it!” said Yano.

“Huh?”---my reaction.

“You don’t have to explain, I already know everything”

‘What do you mean?”

Yano faced to me “The day before the assassination, You told me everything.”

[Flash back]

“Sorry Yano, I lied to you. There is actually other guy I like. I just pretend to like you because I want your position; I want to be the leader of this clan… but this is enough!”

[End of flash back]

“You mean, I dreamt to be the leader of Yamato clan?” I confirmed.

Yano nodded.

“It can’t be” I said “And you also said that there was a guy I love, who is he?”

“Yukie-nee’s ex boyfriend!”

“What?!”

“That was heartbreak for me, but after the assassination I just realize how much I love you…” said Yano.

This proved his pure love.

“As Erika I know I hurt you, but despite that you continue loving me, I can’t imagine how you could do that…” I mourned.

‘You can’t blame me… Erika Yamato is my ideal girl, and besides she had the trait I really like…”

“Trait, what trait?”

Yano looked at me “Her love for her family…”

In this moment I was confused about Yano’s feeling. Did he love me as Erika or Mao? Whatever it is…? I want to let it go. I don’t want to think anymore, from now on I won’t think negative. What I wanted is to love, I want to be happy.

 

“You’re in love with me now, right?” asked Yano

“Yeah, of course I love you!” I answered, and then I hugged Yano again.

“Then the past is not important anymore… what I’m thinking now is the time when you gain your memory, what if you’re feelings for Yukie-nee’s ex boyfriend return?

“No, it won’t happen…” I responded “But in case it happens, please hold me, don’t let me go because you’re the only man I wanted to spend my life with…”

“No need to remind me, I definitely do that!”

*

 

As the days passed by, I finally accepted the real me. I was still comfortable to call Mao but I also accepted that Erika Yamato was my real name.

I continued attending y therapy.

Nino chose not to return as Nagi. By now he was studying martial arts by the help of the other members of Yano’s group.

About me, actually my memory was still limited.

 

Yukie Yamato’s Birthday Party

Most of the prominent people in the clan were invited. This would be the time where Yukie explain everything about me (as real Erika) and also the time for Yamato clan boss to introduce his son, Yano as the next leader. Sooner or later, he would take the position.

 

I was walking in the hallway wearing a beautiful white gown.

As I looked around, I couldn’t see any familiar faces. I wonder why Maki and the others weren’t here yet.

As I continued walking, I cited a guy.

That guy!”

I couldn’t remember where I saw him, but I was sure I knew him 

 

A/N Thank you for your comments, thanks for reading this fic up to this...the  next update would be chaper 34, I'm planning to make it the last chapter.. Looks like I mess the last few chapters?  wahh... anyway God bless us all!!!

 

P.S. I don't own the picture...