Confessions

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

19

“Nino, It’s getting late, do you know where’s your sister?” mother asked.

Nino didn’t have any idea so he decided to look for me. He was in the gate when a car stopped. I came out and ran in our house quickly. Yano got off from the car.

“You’re with her?” asked Nino, narrowing his eyes. “Don’t tell me you’ll get her back”

“I’ll do it anytime” replied Yano as he turned. “See you tomorrow”

“Wait boss!” Nino followed “Are you okay, I mean…after what happened what is your plan about your marriage?”

‘”None of your business” said Yano getting inside his car. He left the clueless Nino.

*

In my room I couldn’t think anything but the kiss. Why did it happen, how? I didn’t have romantic feelings for Yano so why did I allow him to kiss me and I kissed him back… okay we did it before but today’s feeling was different. My face was red and my heart wanted to burst.

*

The next day, I decided to get back in school. At the Green house, I told Maki my thoughts.

“Kyaa!!!” Yui bit out as she heard my story about the kiss. I only wanted to tell Maki but Yui and Rina came and happened to hear it.

“You’re already in love with Yano and I guess Yano is also falling for you” said Rina.

“No, it’s impossible!” I cried. “Yano’s heart belongs to Erika”

“Erika is no longer here and besides, we are always thinking that you and Yano will be a good couple” Rina revealed.

I looked at Maki wanting to hear her opinion. “Maki?”

“I don’t actually care…” answered Maki. “If you love him, go ahead, I’ll support you”

Her answers made me smile but I removed it quickly. Why did I smile, am I admitting that I love Yano?

“Valentines Day is coming, give him chocolates and confess your love, Mao” Yui suggested.

I froze as I realized the coming occasion. I used to make chocolates before but for selling and for Nino only.

“It’s a bad idea!” Maki responded.

“What do you mean bad idea?” asked Yui, irritated.

“What the sense of giving chocolate to your husband?” Maki snorted.

Rina smiled as she watched them. Suddenly the boys (Haruma, Yamapi, Jin, Nino and Yano) arrived.

“What’s happening?” asked Haruma. Yano was beside him.

As I saw him I felt uncomfortable. I looked down examining my finger nails.

 Nino noticed me. “Nee-chan, what’s wrong?”

"Ah, I forgot something in our room. Just a minute, I’ll get it” I made an excuse just to leave but Yano stopped me.

“Wait, I’ll accompany you” he said.

I turned red. Doki doki doki. My heart pumped faster.

“Go ahead!” said Rina pushing Yano “We don’t mind if you two take long!” she grinned.

I just turned away with a shy smile. As we left Haruma asked question.

“Don’t tell me they are real couple now?”

“Yes they will, how romantic!” Yui rejoiced.

*

Yano and I were walking in the hall way. No one was talking.

I stopped and broke the silence. “I lied, I didn’t leave anything.” I confessed.

“Are you avoiding me?” asked Yano, he noticed it but it wasn’t my intention.  “The kiss last night…”

“No!” I yelled red spots flared on my cheeks“Let’s forget it!” I mumbled “It was embarrassing.”

“What’s wrong with you, it’s just a kiss” Yano commented. “We even made ”

I immediately poke his head.

“What’s that for?” he complained.

I made face “How could I fall for a guy who took everything from me, my freedom, my first kiss and my purity” I was really annoyed.

“STOP, STOP!!!” a male voice shouted. It was coming from the next room. I ran to see it. Yano followed.

“Hey, stop that!” I yelled as I saw a boy threatening by other boys. When they saw Yano they ran away quickly.

“Are you okay?” I asked the boy and realized he was the guy who brought me in the hospital. “You’re the one…”

“You know me?” he questioned not remembering me.

“Don’t you recognize me, you save my life?” Because of too much agony I failed to give my gratitude to this guy, here was the chance “Thank you very much!” I bowed my head.

He just smiled. “It’s nothing” he said. “By the way, my name is Kame from Village 3. I’m a new student here that’s why some bullies me”

“I understand, we used to be bullied too”

“Really?” Kame couldn’t believe it “Don’t tell me you’re also from Village 3, but when the doctor saw you they treated you as if you’re a VIP person.”

I smiled. “It’s hard to explain”

“So you’re the one who save her” Yano joined the conversation. “I guess I should acknowledge you.”

Kame looked at Yano then to me “Is he your boyfriend?”

“Actually-“

“I’m her husband!” Yano answered.

“So, you’re already taken…” said Kame putting away his eyes from me. He looked at Yano “Is he also from Village 3? I heard our future leader named Yano hated people from Village 3, maybe we can volt in to face him”

“No- no need” I waved my palms “Yano didn’t hate them anymore”
“Are you sure?” doubted Kame.

“Perhaps…” I glanced at Yano.

“I’m not sure!” Yano answered then he left.

“Hey, what do you mean you’re not sure, go back hear, Yano!!!” I followed him.

“Did she call him Yano?” Kame realized the man he was talking a while ago was actually Yano.

*

During class, Yano wasn’t listening to the teacher. He was staring blank until the bell rang for homing time. Yano stood up and ran way.

“Where is he going?” asked Haruma but all of his friends didn’t know the answer.

*

Yamapi and Nino went in our classroom. Yamapi for Maki, Nino for me.

“Where’s nee-chan?” asked Nino.

“Yano picked her a while ago” Maki replied. Her answer gave a curious impression to Nino.

*

“Wait, where are we going?” I asked as Yano pulled my hand. We walked till we reached the school’s fish pond. As I saw it, I felt nostalgia.

“Pretty, isn’t it?” he asked.

I nodded. “But I still prefer the green house. Why are we here by the way?”

Yano smiled as he glared at the pond. “This is the place where I confessed to Erika” he started. “I told her I like her and she said she will marry me.”

“Yano…”

 “When Erika died, I stopped going here. It was just now that I realized to return, because there isn’t pain anymore”

“Why are you telling this, what’s your purpose?”I thought. I wanted to asked those questions but I chose to remain quiet.

 “I want to make new memories here” he said facing to me “with you…Mao.”

His words were so gentle. He didn’t say directly that he already liked me but I could feel it. Shortly, tears started to sprout from my eyes.

Yano went closer. He wiped my tears with his fingers.

“I want to go home!” I said discouraging Yano. I knew that wasn’t the answer he wanted to hear.

Yano frowned, he thought I couldn’t take his confession so I wanted to go back in Village 3, but it was not what I meant.

I looked at him. “I want to go back in our home!”

Yano hugged me as he realized I wanted to return in Matsumoto’s residence.

From this moment I gained my new dream, to be with this guy forever.

*

“Take a look” said Yano as he handed me plane tickets.

“It’s from Chen Yin. She wants us to go in France”

I stared at the ticket.

“Actually I’m planning the trip for the two of us but since Chen Yin badly misses us, I decided to go there with the group!”

“Sugoi!” I bit out, so excited. This would be my first trip outside the country and also my first tour with Yano as my real lover.

*

Toma, Yano’s younger brother was playing with Asou the dog when his phone beeped. “Hello, oh, Keiko.” He received a phone call from a friend. She was asking about old pictures. “I’m not sure if I can find old photos of Tama but I’ll try and send it to you”

“Thank you Toma, it will be a great help for my research”

“I understand” Toma answered.

“By the way, how’s everybody, how’s Rina and Yamapi…?”

Toma smiled. “Don’t be shy, you should ask them by yourself.”

*

Toma went in the storage to find old photos. He looked left and right but couldn’t see any, until he spotted an envelope. It was dirty and obviously old but the appearance was intriguing.

He grabbed and opened it. “Lucky!” said Toma as he found old pictures inside the envelope. “Most of these photos were Hiroki Matsuzawa” he uttered as he flipped each photos. “Wait, who are these?” Toma found unfamiliar people in the picture. He looked the back side and read the caption. “My missing brother…” Toma got shocked when he realized who was in the photo. He was the missing brother of Hiroki but he wasn’t Mao’s father. “What’s the meaning of this?” Toma questioned.

******

The tour will continue but I decided not to detail it. Mean while Toma will spill his discovery.