Going back to Tama

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

28

Away from the town of Tama

Away from my friends

Away from Yano

Yamato Clan was no longer part of my life. I removed every single thing that had connection with them.

I conquered a lot of hardship.

I courageously abided a lot of pain.

I became stronger.

For one and a half year, I bear with it

 I showed that things were working for me, that I no longer missing them. I don’t need them anyway.

As of today, I was living with my parents with my newest brother. My mom gave birth with a child we named Mimo.

 

My father was now a farmer,

My mother managed a bakery, and I helped her.

This was my new life style: Simple, no worries… but incomplete.

*

One morning, while I was in the bakery, a news paper took my attention. I read about the wedding of Yuta Hiraoka, a business tycoon to a bar passer girl.

Of course, I was happy for Yuta, but for instance I thought what would happen if I didn’t get in Yamato clan? Maybe I would be the one who will marry Yuta…

…but the idea of being his wife produced ache in my chest. I couldn’t think any other guy than Yano.

Being Yamato was the greatest thing ever happened to me. I don’t have any regret. Actually even if I deny I still wish to be part of that clan… I want to be with Yano again, but it was impossible. I know… I don’t have future with him.

 “Mao chan!!!” called Nanami, our neighbor and also my new found friend

Nanami was a book worm. She read as if there’s no tomorrow.

“Hey, try reading this, It’s fantastic!’ said Nanami, sharing me her new book. She actually read it in one sitting.

“Is that really good?” I asked.

She nodded with her puffy eyes “You won’t regret reading this, I promise!”

Because of her over reacting, I tempted to see the book.

“Omokage by Uso”

Omokage was the title of the story. Uso was the pen name of the author.

When I opened the book, I froze… as I saw the dedication

To the one who never stop believing in me… to my best friend, Mao Matsuzawa

 I almost cried when I realized that the author of the book was Maki

“Maki… congratulations!” I whispered. Finally, she got her dream.

But…

“No!” I said, returning the book. “I don’t want to read this book, sorry!”

If I read her book, I might miss Yamato… so I should avoid it. I should avoid anything that could give me memory about the clan.

“Okay” said Nanami, getting the book. “If you don’t like this book, maybe you would like to travel with me?

“Travel… where?” I asked.

“In Tama!” said Nanami excitedly.

“What are you talking about?” I questioned. I thought she was just joking. How could we go in Tama. “Oh Nanami, I hate you for reminding me about the clan” I thought.

“I’m serious Mao, we can go in Tama. That was one of the promos of Akanishi’s cosmetic incorporation with Yamato Council”

I arched my eyebrows. “How could it be possible?”

“Look...” Nanami showed me a print ad where the promo was printed.

200 lucky consumers will have a chance to visit Tama if they purchase these items…

“Is this for real?” I thought.

‘It’s for real!” said Nanami. “I heard that this is the idea of the newest member of Yamato council, to promote unity between Yamato clan and the people outside”

“Newest member, who’s that?” I wondered, but that was a brilliant idea. It might lessen the unstoppable petition about the banning of Yamato clan

“Wait… No!” I said. I should refrain from thinking about Yamato clan… most of all; I won’t go back in their town.

“Actually I’m so excited so… I did everything just to have these” Nanami showed me her tickets. “We can go there together!” she said with big smile.

“No, no way!” I shouted.

It frightened Nanami. She didn’t expect me to react that way.

I know how badly she wanted to see Tama (because it had revealed that her favorite author Saigo Ichi was part of the clan) but I can’t go there… I don’t want to waste my one and a half year of sacrifice.

*

That night, my father approached me.

“I heard about Nanami’s invitation” father introduced. “Don’t you think it’s a good opportunity?”

“What are you talking about…?” I answered in high tone. “I’m doing my best to forget the clan. My effort would be wasted if I go there”

“I know… but don’t you think it would be better to see the place one more time…” said father.

I got confused. ‘What do you mean?”

“If you’ll see that place one more time… even without the presence of your old friends, I know you could feel better. Don’t you agree?”

Father’s voice was a little confusing but I got his point. He knew how lonely I am… and he was thinking that the ambience in Tama might give me happiness.

“Maybe, my father is right!”

Suddenly we heard the cry of our baby.

“Oh, Mimo is crying again!” said father.

Soon Mimo’s cries became laughter.

“I’m really happy…” said father. “After a long time, God blessed us a child. This is really a miracle”

I frowned. “Hey father, what are you talking about, are you forgetting that I’m also your daughter?”

 “Ah no…of course, you’re my daughter! What I mean is after you were born; your mother lost the ability to labor. That’s why it’s a miracle for her to have a baby again” he cleared.

*

Soon, our tour in Tama happened.

(We rode in the bus)

‘Wow!!!” exclaimed Nanami as she saw the scenic outside.

I remained quiet, pretending that I wasn’t interested… but deep inside, I was very grateful.

 “It’s still the same… the streets, the lights, everything”

Even Yama Gakuen didn’t change.

(Our first destination was the School)

“Hello visitors!” A guy wearing Yama Gakuen school uniform greeted us.

“Sugoi… he’s so cute!” said Nanami.

I smiled… remembering the guy.

If I wasn’t mistaken, he was Kame…the one who saved me after I lost Achilles…

“I’m the school council president, Kamenashi Kazuya. Welcome to our school”

I was right, he was actually Kame. For sure he was a genius since he became the president even though he came from Village 3.

*

All of the visitors (the 200 people who got the chance to visit Tama) divided in four groups. I and Nanami belong in the second group.

“I heard, there was a lot of cute boys studying here, so sad we can’t see them because today is their campus break” said Nanami while we walked around the school (together with other visitors)

As what Nanami said, there was no student because they didn’t have class today.

I stopped, when I saw my old classroom.

Nanami didn’t notice that I entered the room.

I looked around.

There were little changes, but the feeling was still the same. In that very moment, I remembered Maki. I saw myself in my old chair talking with her… and then suddenly Chen Yin would enter and joined our conversation.

I left the room soon. This time, my feet brought me in the green house.

Still, I saw myself with Maki and Chen Yin, then…with Shun.

I also reached the library and saw Yui, Haruma and Rina.

In the cafeteria (cafeteria 2) I saw everybody with Nino, Jin and Yamapi.

All of us were smiling. Everybody was happy.

Finally, I reached the fish fond…. And there was only one person returned in my mind… none other than my dear Yano.

As I saw myself with Yano, I felt pain within my chest. Flood of memories came back… then suddenly I found myself crying.

I miss everybody

I miss my stay here…

I miss Yano…

I know it’s impossible, but for once I want to go back in time. I want to be with them again.

Sob

Sob

Sob

“Shikushiku”  Crying was my only way to ease the pain.

 

“RIINNNG...”

I received a phone call from Nanami.

“Hello…” I responded.

“Mao, where are you, are you lost?” asked Nanami.

I immediately wiped my tears “Gomen, I’m fine!  I’m here in… the fish fond”

“Okay, we’ll fetch you there” said Nanami.

A minute later, Kame arrived.

“Hey Miss, are you okay?” asked Kame as he got near me.

“Y-yes…” I replied. “Where are my companions?”

“They were eating by now. I just volunteered to fetch you” he answered.

I smiled “Thank you, ahmm… you’re the school council president, right?” I inquired.

He nodded, and then stared at me “You know what, you look familiar, have we met before?” he asked.

I answered immediately. “I don’t think so...” I was afraid he would recognize me

“By the way, how’s your previous school president? I mean I heard you’re the new one?” I asked him trying to get info about Shun.

He smiled “He’s doing fine. Actually he is now the youngest member of Yamato council. Someday I want to be like him” Kame answered.

Learning that made me proud of Shun, he was from Village 2 and yet became part of Yamato council.

 “How about her sister?” I asked again.

Kame raised his eyebrows. “How did you know that he has a sister?” he questioned.

“Ah… actually his sister is my favorite writer… she’s Uso, am I right?”

Kame got shocked. “Amazing!” he said thinking that I was a real fanatic of Uso.

Of course that was a made up story. My real intention here was to get information about my friends.

“Aside from writing, Uso or should I say Miss Maki Aoyama is busy in her studies in Yama University. She is taking literary arts by now.”

“Is that so…” I said. Now I was planning to ask about Nino and Yano but I couldn’t think ways how to start. He might catch me if I ask directly.

“C’mon, let’s go!” asked Kame.

I nodded, gave up to hear more news about them.

Right, I promised not to mingle with them anymore, so I shouldn’t bother Kame or any other people.

“Oh…Boss, good morning!” Kame greeted.

As I turned around, I saw him.

“Y-Yano?”

I was in doubt, is he really Yano?

He was also looking at me, with eyes wide opened.

For sure he had the same questions on his mind.

****

I was one day late... I supposed to post this chapter Yesterday, Aug 30 ---also Jun Matsumoto's 28th birthday... since this is the chapter 28. Anyway Happy bitrhday to him!