The consequences

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

29 

After one and a half year, I saw him again.

Doki doki!

Doki doki!

My heart beat faster.

I was eager to know how Yano feels right now.

Is he Mad?

Lonely?

Or maybe he already forgets everything about me.

Whatever it is… I want to know!

 

“Oh, he’s our future boss” Kame introduced. “Ah boss, she’s an outsider, remember our promo?”

Yano nodded.

Kame continued talking not aware how awkward I was. Actually I didn’t know how to face Yano. I suddenly moved my eyes away.

BEEPP…

Kame received a text message. He immediately took his phone to check the message.

 “Oh no, they need me in the office”!” said Kame hurriedly “Ah, Miss, I think I need to take you back!”  he said.

I smiled as I shook my head “Okay!”

“Wait…let me do it!” Yano suddenly interfered. “I mean…allow me to offer some service”

“Eh, Boss are you sure?” asked Kame arching his eyebrows.

“You said they need you in the office, so I’m thinking if I could help you” said Yano calmly.

Kame grimaced with one eye. He was unsure if it’s okay to accept the offer. This was actually their future boss talking to him.

“Don’t worry Kame, this isn’t a burden for me” said Yano convincing him.

Finally, he made Kame decide.

“If you’re insisting, then why not… Just bring the girl in the cafeteria” said Kame flashing a big smile.”Ah miss” Kame turned to me “I’m glad to meet you, I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here” he said.

I responded a half smile

Then Kame left.

Silence

The fish fond turned like an island, so quiet.

Slowly, I glanced at Yano to found out that he was looking at me.

 “Y---Yano…” I started…

“Why are you here?” he questioned. His voice was so firm.

“Ah… well… actually…”

I was out words; I don’t have any idea how to explain myself.

“Are you planning to visit Achilles?” asked Yano, giving the answer on his own question.

I nodded shortly.

“I visit his tomb this morning” said Yano moving his eyes away from me.

Suddenly

He looked at me again.

To this point, he was staring at me.

I was clueless about the things lying on his head. This feeling made me uncomfortable. I didn’t know how to react.

I took a deep breath, and then faced to Yano. “It’s been a while…how are you?”

A long paused, before Yano made his answer

 “Don’t worry…I’m fine now…” he answered. He knew what I mean; he knew that I was worried since I left him without even facing him before.

“Good to hear that” I answered as I smile. Hearing those words gave me relief.

“Actually it made me realized how strong you are…” Yano continued. “You did the right thing, so… I salute you… “

I smiled; his words became music in my ears.

I was happy that Yano didn’t have any bitterness, but somehow my heart was agonized since it seemed that he already accepted that we’re not meant to be, but I guessed this was much better.

 “Maki is the one who didn’t accept it easily... Thanks to Yamapi, she did, and now she is a famous writer…” Yano narrated. Maybe he read my mind that I wanted to hear news about my close friends.

“About Nino” Yano continued “A week after you left, he returned to his normal self”

“What?” ---my reaction.

“He isn’t Nagi anymore, he is Nino again…” said Yano.

I found myself mouth opened. I couldn’t believe what I heard.

How true that my brother Nino, the one who really loves me came back?

 “Actually he wants to look for you” Yano continued.  “…but Yukie-nee forbid him to go outside Tama”

I felt warmth inside my heart. It seemed that I wanted to cry out from happiness. “Where is he now?” I asked.

“By now… he is in the convenient store, I asked him to buy some goods…” said Yano.

“You mean, he become your slave again?” I questioned.

Yano shook his head “our agreement still exists” he answered.

I pinched my eyebrows as I frowned.

I thought how unfair it was, but to know that Nino returned gave me hope… hope that someday thing could go back to what it was before…

Silence again…

Suddenly

I received a text message from Nanami. She was worried about me.

“I think I have to go” I said.

“I thought you’re going to visit Achilles?” asked Yano.

“Hai!” I answered as I shook my head. “Later we’re going to Village 1, I think I can skip for a while to pay a visit”

“Then, okay… take care” said Yano shortly.

“Uhm!” I responded…”I’ll take care,  Bye!”

“Bye!” he said.

It became simple as that…

Our meeting after one and a half year ended in the word goodbye.

I started to create my steps… but suddenly I found it hard to do

“What’s wrong with me, why I couldn’t move my feet?” I wondered.

It seems that my mind and body didn’t want to leave.

As I tuned back, I saw Yano. He was still looking at me…

To this point, I want to run…

I want to run in his arms.

I want to hug him

 But no!

 I shouldn’t do that, I promised to leave them, I promised to forget them…

Yano ran to me, and then he hugged me.

“Y-yano?”

Yano remembered the pain he felt the time I left him.

(Yano’s POV)

He showed to others that he was fine,

He told them that my decision was a better plan, but deep inside he felt the other side.

 He just decided to make his life better… neglecting the thing about love.

He thought he can do it… He thought he can forget everything about love, but he didn’t

(End of POV)

“Mao…” he whispered “I miss you!”

My heart beat faster.

Doki doki

Doki doki!

I wanted to say I miss you too, but I just can’t… I shouldn’t…

Yano looked at me… he stared at me, he touched my face… and then he tried to kiss me, but I refused.

I moved my head away

If I accept the kiss, my one and a half year would be wasted.

I already decided to forget him, so I must stick on that decision.

But… for this moment… I want to be happy… I want my happiness.

“Yano… “ I said as I touched his face… and then I kissed him.

 

I miss this kiss…

I miss Yano…

I miss everything about him.

***

 

In Matsumoto Residence

“Tadaima!” said Nino as he arrived holding two plastic bags of groceries.

“Oi, where’s Yano?” Haruma welcomed him a question.

Aside from Haruma, their other friends were there.

(Yui, Rina, Yamapi, Maki, Jin and Erika)

 “I didn’t find him in school” Nino answered “According to one student they saw boss Yano went out with a girl…”

‘With a girl!” everybody exclaimed

“I thought Yano is not interested with girls anymore…” Yamapi said, remembering how Yano rejected Erika… well, after I left the Village, Erika didn’t show any interest to Yano. It seemed that he never met him before.

“Okay let’s call him to confirm…” said Rina as she took her phone. She started dialing Yano’s number.

No one was answering.

“Let’ me try” Jin used his phone.

Same thing, no one was answering.

On his third triy, Yano finally answered. “Hey Yano, where are you?” asked Jin.

His friends became excited to know if Yano really went out with a girl.

“What did he say?” asked Haruma excitedly.

“He is in Sou hotel by now” said Jin

“Sou hotel?!” everybody bit out.

“What is he doing there?” Nino followed up.

“Of course it is a hotel, what would a guy do there with a girl, play Jan-ken-pon?” Haruma cited.

“But… but… it’s too early” said Nino. He was the one who felt shock.

In the middle of their uplift conversation, Yukie arrived.

“What’s happening here?” he asked.

Everybody became quiet. Actually they didn’t know if it would be okay if Yukie find out that Yano went out with a girl.

“Yano has new girlfriend!” answered Maki.

It surprised the gang; they didn’t expect Maki to spill the news so easy.

Yukie rolled her eyes “really?”

That was her only respond.

****

 

“I’m leaving!” I said, right after the whole day I spent with Yano. It was actually past 9pm. After we visit Achilles tomb, we headed in Sou hotel, and then stayed in the park where we were by now.

“Wait!” Yano hold me, for another minute he tried to stop me.

Of course I need to go.

I actually didn’t know what Nanami thinks about me. My phone was out of battery, so I didn’t able to tell her where am I. The last text message I gave was when I told her that I went home. It would be a problem if I stay a little longer. My parents will surely worry about me.

“I really need to go!” I insisted, so Yano forced to let off my hand.

“Can I see you again?” he asked.

“No!” I answered.

For me, that day was enough.

“You promised, that after this day, you’re going to love other girl, right?”

Yano didn’t answer, but I know he remembered his promise.

Once again, I need to say goodbye… once again I need to bear the ache here in my chest.

 

I started to walk, away from Yano.

It seemed that each step cut my heart.

 

“Huh? –my reaction when I saw a black car rushing at my direction. “W-what’s that?” I whined.

The said car stopped near me.

They opened their door and pulled me hard inside the car.

“What are you doing, let me go, let me go!!!!” I cried.

Yano heard my voice, and then spotted what was happening.

“Hey stop it!” He ran quickly to save me, but the car went already. Yano ran as jet just to reach the car.

“Stop! Stop!” he cried wanting to save me.

But no matter how fast he was, he failed to catch the black car.

He immediately took his phone to ask help.

No use—it was battery empty.

Yano looked around, he need someone, anyone to help him.

“Yano…” somebody called him.

When Yano his back, he saw a guy wearing a mask, who was ready to hit steel on him.

“Yaahhh!” the mask man attacked.

Yano grasped the steel easily on his fist “Who are you?” he asked. His eyes turned creepy. “Are you one of them?” he shouted.

The mask man smirked. “On your back!” he said.

“Huh?” before Yano could realize, there was other mask man who succeeded to hit him in the head.

As Yano lost his senses

Everything became black out.

 

“Ah!”  --Nino’s reaction as he dropped the book he was reading.

“What’s wrong?” asked Yukie.

At the moment, Yukie and Nino were in the library.

Nino was reading a book

Yukie was checking some documents.

“Nothing wrong, I’m just a little clumsy!” Nino answered. He took the book immediately.

He returned the book at the bookshelf and then tried to look for other book.

He was amazed when he saw an old almanac. He quickly grabbed it. As he did, an old picture dropped from its page.

Nino took the picture.

“This is… nee-chan” said Nino.

Yukie looked at him.

She stood up and went closer to Nino. “May I see!” she said as she took the picture. “Right this is Erika…” said Yukie “I thought I already burnt all of her pictures, for sure Yano is the one who kept this…”

“Did you say that this little girl is Erika?” Nino questioned.

“Yes, that’s Erika, our sister…” said Yukie wondering if Nino was becoming Nagi again. “Hey,  do you remember something?” she inquired.

Nino pinched his eyebrows. “You’re lying..” he started “This girl isn’t Erika, this is Mao-neechan!”

“Eh?!” Nino’s words terrified Yukie. “W-what did you say?”

“I can’t be wrong; this girl is Mao-nee chan!” Nino insisted.

That was the time Erika entered the library.

Yukie with her troubled face looked at her.

“Hey you, look at this picture!” said Nino showing the picture to Erika “Yukie nee is telling that this is you… but I’m pretty sure this is my sister, this is Mao-neechan!”

“Stop it Nino!” shouted Yukie “Are you insane? How could you say such thing? I know you badly want that girl but to tell that she is Erika, it’s too much!”

“That girl is really Erika Yamato!” said Erika in low tone.

Yukie and Nino had their eyes on her

“A-are you implying that you’re not the real Erika?” asked Yukie.

Erika nodded.

“No… No way…” Yukie was in total shocked. She ran to Erika and clutched her shoulder. “Is this a joke?”

“It’s the real thing” said Erika.

“No…it can’t be…how there you to deceive us!” Yukie was turning insane. “If you’re not the real Erika, who are you?!” she asked.

“I’m the missing niece of Hiroki Matsizawa. My name is Mao Matsuzawa” Erika confessed.