Yano Matsumoto

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

6

“Yano Matsumoto, who is he?” I asked then learned that he was the SON of Yamato’s boss. "He has cute face- but I don’t CARE. I’m sure he is notorious and a cruel person, but seeing Yano face to face make me realized he isn’t bad at all.

“He’s not bad, am I right?”

 

            “You’re his sister right?” asked Yano talking to me.  That time, I was in the library. I responded to Yano without sign of fear”Yes, I’m Nino’s sister”

            “Good! Tell your brother to be my slave!”

I can’t get his point. I can’t understand his intention.

Of course I objected. “You’re insane. You can make Nino your slave!” I said leaving him behind.

            *

 “The other day, Yano asked me to join his group” said Nino to Yamapi, on their way to Shun’s office.

“Are you sure?” asked Yamapi. “I thought he didn’t like members from other village.”

            “Yeah, so he asked me to be his slave” said Nino skeptically. “Of course I objected but he warned me-You don’t know what I can do. -Those are the exact words he said. I think he wants me because he likes you back.”

            “Yeah, perhaps you’re right” answered Yamapi pausing for a moment “But I have my reason for quitting.”

*

  That night, I talked to my brother.

 “What are we going to do?” asked Nino admitting there had butterfly in his stomach.

I smiled and patted his head “ I promise, I will never allow Yano to get you” I said. I knew it would be toug,h but for Nino, I’ll do everything.

*

There were three cafeterias in our school. I, Maki and Chen usually stayed in Cafeteria 1. Yano and other top students stayed in Cafeteria 2.

It was unusual to see Yano entering Cafeteria 1.

“Look, Yano’s here” said the students.

Yano went in our table.  

            “What are you doing here?” asked Chen, puzzled.

            “Come with me” commanded Yano as he grabbed my hand.

            “Wait!” I bit out. He grabbed me hard and brought in the roof top.

***

            “Nee-chan, why do others bully?” asked Nino, the first time he was bullied. I can’t answer him since I didn’t know what to say so I defended on books.

“There are a lot of reasons why some people bully. They may see it as a way of being popular, or making themselves look tough and in charge. 
Some bullies do it to get attention or things, or to make other people afraid of them. Others might be jealous of the person they are bullying. They may be being bullied themselves.”

Some bullies may not even understand how wrong their behaviour is and how it makes the person being bullied feel. 
  

***

            Yano tied my hands and hang me in the roof top. He used mega phone to call attention. “Feel free to throw anything!”He said. Most of the students followed. This was a game for them.

            “Yano, stop this!” cried Chen.

            “No… stop it!” shouted Maki. She tried to stop the students who were throwing small stones, tomatoes, eggs to me but failed.

            Chen ran to the roof top. “Yano, don’t do this!” she said attacking Yano but she couldn’t hit him. He was fast and STRONG.

            “If you value your life, GET LOST” commanded Yano making Chen helpless.

            No one could stop Yano, even his group mates. 

Rina comforted Chen. “It’s much better if you keep quiet” she advised.

            Shun, the school council president  attended a seminar, so he wasn't around.

I knew no one could save me, so I just closed my eyes. “Tasukete! Help!”  I told myself. I was really afraid. Odd, but I suddenly heard different sounds: shot of guns, cars, screams and cries. I can’t take it. “STOP!!!” I shouted, but it didn’t help. I found myself hanging.

It's been four years since I tried to climb a Bridge, and failed because my fear just got too much for me. They called it Acrophobia, a simply severe fear of heights. For me, being afraid of heights was a common and sometimes an appropriate feeling. 

            “Nee chan!” called Nino as he saw what’s happening.

            “Nino, we need to help her!” exclaimed Maki, but Nino was loss of words.

            “Right! I’ll call my brother” said Maki getting her phone.

            “Its no use” said Yamapi. “Maybe Shun can punish Yano but what kind of punishment? Do you think it can make Yano stop? Yano is our next boss.”

            “Are you trying to say that we can’t do anything, that we will just watch Mao?” uttered Maki irritated.

            “No, I’m just trying to…”

            “This is your fault!” shouted Maki interrupting Yamapi’s words.

            “Maki, don’t blame him” said Nino. “It’s actually my fault”

Nino ran to the roof top to face Yano.

 

            “So you’re here” said Yano, smiling. “Have you changed your mind?”

             Nino took a bow “Yano please, stop this” he begged. “Mao –nee fears high places so please put her down, please I’m begging you, Onegai!!!

            Fears high places- It stilled on Yano’s mind. He remembered someone who was also afraid in high places. “This is a warm up. Reminds your sister to prepare” he said as he left.