She's alive

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

23

The town of Tama, the villages there, the school, our house, I couldn’t see them anymore.

From being Matsuzawa, our family now was known as Inoue. We were living peacefully outside the town like seagull in the vast blue sky, nothing more to ask.

In my new school my classmates were friendly. They all familiar with Yamato clan, but didn’t know that once I became part of it.

Only one thing bothered me, their presence.

If I don’t have class or things to do, I stayed outside. No wonder why post man and other delivery services knew me. Our front yard became my hang out. Actually I didn’t have any special reason for doing this, I just expecting someone to return…

“Mao!”

Someone called me, when I raised my head I found out it was Maki, in her school uniform. She came with Yamapi.

“Why are you-? “ I couldn’t continue my words. My heart was busting, couldn’t believe my friends were here.

“We just drop by to see you!” said Maki with serious glare.

I smiled, missing those glares, it was really Maki.

Shortly, I rushed near them. “Let’s go inside!”

“No it’s okay; we need to go back soon” said Yamapi.

Maki rolled her eyes. I knew she wanted to stay longer, but it seemed that they really need to go.

“Actually, it’s the beginning of our examination week” explained Yamapi.

“Oh, really?!” I replied apprehensively, since I knew how hard it was. The teachers in Yama Gakuen were really cruel in that matter. “Go ahead, start your review now!” I instructed. “Thank you for the visit!”

Maki smirked. “I don’t actually care about the exam!” she said “Here, this is for you!” She handed me a small box. “It’s from Chen Yin”

I smiled, remembering Chen Yin. Last night I received email from her, telling about her package. I didn’t expect to get this early.

“Arigatou, Maki!” I answered after I got the box.

“Be sure to wear that!” said Maki, giving me a hint that inside the box was something to wear.

“We’re going now!” said Yamapi, grabbing Maki’s arm, but before they could go I took their attention.

“Wait Maki, how’s Nino?”

A long pause before Maki answered. “We don’t see him”

“According to Toma, he leaves the Village” Yamapi added.

It surprised me. Why did Nino leave the Village?

“Don’t worry, Yano assured his comeback!” Yamapi said trying to erase my worries.

Of course, it couldn’t eliminate my worries that easy, but at least, I had assurance that he was in good condition.

As the two went away, another familiar person appeared.

“Yano?”

He waited the two to go before he revealed himself.

“I heard your conversation, don’t worry, Nino’s fine!” he said going directly inside our house.

“Hey, Yano!” I followed him.

I found him moving his eyes around “Is this really okay?” he asked pinching his eyebrows. As he could see our house seemed crimp, walls had no paint and the ceiling was made of wood. We had appliances, but all were old fashion. All of a sudden, he made a decision. “Let’s go, I’ll find you a better place!”

“Huh?” My reaction, of course we couldn’t leave that easy. “Yano, its okay…we’re fine here.”

““Are you sure?” he doubted.

I nodded, giving a sweet smile.

For the mean time, the smile convinced Yano ”In case you change your mind, tell it to me, okay?”

I shook my head. Honestly I wondered if it was still okay to ask his help, since we were legally separated.

‘What?” Yano questioned upon seeing my confused face.

 “Nothing, It’s nothing!” I wiggled “By the way, why are you here?”

“Do I need reason?” he said with his sweet voice,

My eyes got widen as he positioned his face near me. I started to trembled. It had been a long time since I felt this way, the feeling of having goose bump.

“I miss you!” Yano whispered.

His voice charmed me; the way he glared froze my whole body.

Before I realized, we were kissing. His lips were so soft, so hot. I dropped the small box I was holding, as our kiss became passionate.

“We shouldn’t do this” my mind said, whining to stop. I and Yano were divorce, so we shouldn’t continue, but no matter how my minds contradict, my body didn’t want to stop. It had endless desire; she missed Yano, his kiss, his touch.

“Mao, we’re here!”

My Parents

When they arrived, Yano and I distanced from each other, quickly.

“Oh, you’re here” said mother as he saw Yano -who had cheeks colored like a peach in the sun.

I also felt embarrassed, but deep inside I was happy. My best friend and the guy I love didn’t forget me. Only one thing missing, my brother.

*

It was a cold night.

I was on my bed, but couldn’t sleep. The kiss still effect on me.

“Is Yano thinking the same way?” I wondered, as I touched my lips.

Suddenly, my phone beeped.

“Yano?”

But it wasn’t Yano. It was Nino.

“Nino?” I bit out, excited to hear my brother’s voice.

“Nee-chan…” He responded.

I almost cried. He didn’t know how much I miss him. “I thought you’ll not talk to me again”

“Gomen, did I make you worry?”

“So much, where are you now, are you okay? I want to see you!” I demanded.

“Actually, I’m here in front of your house” he replied.

I looked quickly at my window, and then saw Nino standing near a black car. He was looking at my direction.

“Nino…” I uttered as I realized his changes. In this kind of situation, the usual Nino would sway his hands while yelling my name. The one who was looking at me by now was different.

*

“Nino!” I hugged him. He might be a new person, but he was still Nino “I’m glad you came here!” I cheered separating from the hug. “Let’s go inside, I’m sure our parents will be happy to see you”

“I can’t!” Nino refused. “I need to go back in Tama right away”

“But, you just arrive”

“Actually, I only go here to see you, to introduce her” he glanced at the car.

I noticed a girl inside. “Who is she, your girlfriend?”

“She’s my sister!”

“What?”

The girl came down from the car. She was pretty, had long hair and rounded eyes.

“Who is she again?” I inquired.

“She’s Erika, my long lost sister” Nino introduced.

“No! This is a dream!” I whined, as I saw the girl. I wanted to touch her, to know if she was really alive, to know if she was real. But one thing was sure; she was the real sister of Nino and also Yano’s first love.

“I’m Erika Yamato, nice to meet you!” Her voice was the evidence how true she was.

Soon, after this meeting, Nino showed Erika to all.

Nino found Erika in trauma, near the burning house of Hiroki Matsuzawa.

Knowing that their lives would be in danger, he decided to hide her. He brought Erika in an orphanage.

If he didn’t lose his memory, he won’t leave Erika in that place for a long time.

*

So, that’s the reason” I whimpered as I analyze things one by one. All these times, I thought I was the reason why Nino changed to his second self. It was revealed now that he only saw Erika in me. How about Yano? What would be his reaction? He really loved Erika before.

*

“Yano?” asked Erika when they finally met.

Yano examined her, unsure if she was the real Erika Yamato.

The girl (Erika) attempted to hug him, but as what she expected, Yano kept a distance.

He left without saying any word.

“Yano, wait!” called Yukie following him.

‘Why did you do that? Why did you ignore her?”

“Are you sure she’s the real Erika?” Yano doubted.

“Nagi can prove it!” said Yukie. At first, she was also in doubt but as Nagi narrated what happened, she started to believe, and besides, that girl talked just like the real Erika.

‘”If she’s Erika, why can’t I feel anything?” asked Yano, challenging Yukie.

“Maybe, because of that girl!” said Yukie referring to me.

Yano didn’t have second thought. He agreed “You’re right, since by now, my heart belongs to only one girl- to Mao.”

“Unfortunately, that love is impossible!” Yukie reminded.