The Marriage

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

13

When my parents discovered I’m pregnant they were disappointed.  My mother cried.

Yano went in our house. In his surprise his father was there.

“Please, forgive my son” the boss bowed. Yano took a bow also.

“You don’t have to do that boss, we understand.” My father said.

 “Don’t worry, we’ll take the responsibility, my son will marry your daughter.”

The boss chose the date of the wedding. I was informed that after this wedding I will stay in Village 1 for the rest of my life.

After the engagement, People from Yama Gakuen became kind.  They greeted me, some bow their heads. “Maybe because they knew I’ll be Yano’s wife” True, the news of our marriage had been spread out.

*

Nino was waiting for Yano outside their gate for almost an hour. Suddenly a luxury car came and entered inside.

Yano wasn’t in the mood to go to school, but he needed to. He was about to go when somebody arrived.

“You’re back…” said Yano after seeing his siblings: It was his sister Yukie and brother Toma. The two stayed in America for almost three years. Yukie had business while Toma chose to live there to study. (note: sometimes Yukie went in Europe to study new things)

“Yo nichan!” Toma greeted his older brother. Toma was a freshman. He directly went to greet Asou, the dog.

“Why are you here?” asked Yano

“Because we heard about your marriage: replied Toma as he played with Asou.

“You’re in the process of being the next boss but you made a successor already, what a shame!” said Yukie, authoritatively.

 “So, who’s the girl, is she pretty?” asked Toma, teasing.

“We heard she’s from village 3?” asked Yukie.

“Her name is Mao, Mao Matsuzawa.”

“Matsuzawa?” Yukie repeated.

“Yes, she’s the niece of Hiroki Matsuzawa.”

“Interesting, I want to meet her” said Yukie. She decided to visit Yama Gakuen with Yano. Toma stayed at home.

The first time Nino saw Yukie, he got amazed.

“Who is he?” inquired Yukie when he saw Nino.

“He’s my slave!” answered Yano “And also, my future’s wife brother.”

“Oh, really…he looks frail”

They rode Yukie’s car to Yama Gakuen. Nino can’t do anything but to glance at Yukie. “Boss, is she really your sister?” Nino asked Yano four times but didn’t receive any reply. “Boss, is she your sister?” he repeated.

“Yes she is.” Yano finally replied, annoyed.

Yukie was popular in Yama Gakuen. Everybody was glad to see her.

“You’re Mao, right?” Yukie approached me. “I’m Yano’s sister. Can we talk in other place?”

I nodded then I left with Ms. Yukie

 

“Is she really Yano’s sister?” asked Nino, for the fifth time.

Chen confirmed that she was Yukie Yamato, the daughter of their previous boss that was killed from assassination.  Yano’s father adopted her. “You seem interested, why?” asked Chen.

“No, not really” Nino replied.

 

Yukie had her shopping.  She also bought clothes for me. We were eating when she raised a question.

“Tell me, Mao why do you love my brother?”

I sip my juice before answering. “He was like an angel, you know? He was the one thing I followed through in my life, the one thing I didn't give up on. I was good at loving him.”

Yukie smiled. “You’re a movie lover, aren’t you? - The Untamed Heart”

I was embarrassed. I didn’t know Yukie would recognize those lines from the movie.

After eating, Yukie drove me in the cemetery.

“What are we doing here?” I asked.

“I want to introduce you to my family” she said, looking at the graveyards of her family.

I saw the graveyards of her parents as well as the graveyard of my uncle.

Hiroki Matsuzawa was included in the assassination. Yukie talked about him. “Your uncle is a good adviser; he earned not only the trust of my father but also the respect of the entire council.”

“I never met him” I uttered.

Yukie stared at me and continued in speaking. “I have a sister named Erika and a brother named Nagi. They were also included in the assassination but their bodies were still missing.”

I couldn’t understand why Yukie told this to me, but I just listened.

 “Yano is the first love of my sister, do you know that?”

I didn’t respond. I had idea about it.

“If Erika’s here Yano and she will be a good couple” Yukie added.

I agreed. Yano and Erika Yamato were perfect couple.  If she was alive, she will be part of Yano’s group.  She and Yano will get married. There will be no space for me.

*

“You look elegant in your wedding dress” said Rina. She volunteered to do my make up. I was crying then.

“You’re right, Rina. If you are a member of Yamato you’ll be married in someone you don’t even love.”

“Mao, stop crying. This is still your wedding. A girl should be happy during her wedding, right?”

I never imagined myself being married to this guy. We were both victims of time.

“Accept your mistakes. Accept it”

This marriage was the result of a mistake.

*

Location: Dojo in Matsumoto’s residence, Village 1

I was practicing archery. I tried to get a bull’s eye -but failed. I tried it again, and again. I won’t stop until I hit the bull’s eye.

 “Hey, what are you doing?” Yano took the bow and arrows.

“Give it back!” I grumbled.

“No!” Yano insisted.  “Don’t forget that you’re carrying my baby”

“But I want to practice.”

“Do it after nine months”

“No!” I didn’t want to follow. “Give it back to me!”

Yano set the bow and had his shot.  He got the bull’s eye.

I was informed that Yano was good in archery, but this was the first time I saw how really good he was.

“It’s not fair!” I bit out. “I tried really hard just to get a bull’s eye but I always failed. But you, you hit the bull’s eye easily.  It’s not fair!”

“Shut up” said Yano. “Just get ready.  We need to attend a council meeting.”

“What council meeting?” I asked.

“Every 2nd week of the month, all of the council members are having meeting.”

“You said council members, so why do we need to go?”

“Yukie-nee wants us to go.”

“Your sister is also part of the council?”

“She’s next to my father. And she suggested it will be better if the next boss with her wife attend the meeting.”

 I was so nervous.  It was my first time meeting the council members. The members came one by one. 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

Those in red will be found in the side story