MEMORIES: Yano and Mao’s connection is beyond fate

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

30

[Flash backs]

“Odd, but I suddenly heard different sounds: shot of guns, cars, screams and cries. I can’t take it. “STOP!!!” I shouted, but it didn’t help. I found myself hanging”

“ Fears in high places- It stilled on Yano’s mind. He remembered someone who was also afraid in high places. “This is a warm up. Reminds your sister to prepare” he said as he left”

“When I arrived at Village 1, I found myself loss of words. Yano’s home was huge and old style.

“Are you amaze?” asked Yano

“Yeah, maybe” I said, doubted”

 

“We walked till we reached the school’s fish pond. As I saw it, I felt nostalgia

“I’m really happy…” said father. “After a long time, God blessed us a child. This is really a miracle”

_________________________________________________________________________

 

The real Erika is Mao, the real Mao is Erika

This revelation shook Yukie. She didn’t know how to react; she didn’t know what to believe.

Erika (who was telling that she is Mao) told everything.

“This isn’t my idea… this is actually master Nagi’s plan” she started.

Yukie looked at Nino. She couldn’t believe that all this time, her brother knew everything.

Erika continued “According to master Nagi if I take the role of Erika she will be safe in case the real culprit reveal his identity. At first I objected, but thinking that I could help to find the mastermind behind my uncle’s assassination made me agree.”

Yukie faced Nino “So, this is part of your idea… do you think you can protect Erika by doing this?!” she shouted. She was really mad. “You deceive me, you deceive the whole clan!” Her voice became harsh. She was putting all the blame to Nino.

Nino was speechless. “I-I don’t know anything…” he answered helplessly. It was actually Nagi who planned those things, not him

“I want to talk to Nagi. Show Nagi to me!!” Yukie insisted.

But Nino couldn’t change that fast. Actually he wasn’t familiar about his other identity.

Confused on what to do, Nino ran outside.

“Comeback here, Nagi!!!” Yukie called out but Nino lost in her sight.

 

“I can’t believe this…” Yukie bit out.

“Gomen!” said Erika begging on her knees. “Please forgive me… don’t worry I‘ll leave this place soon”

Yukie stared at Erika.

She saw how sincere she was.

She also remembered the time she spent with her.

Erika was the real Mao Matsuzawa, the niece that their sensei was looking for. Actually she didn’t do anything. She was only obedient to Nagi.

 “You don’t have to leave” said Yukie tapping Erika’s shoulder “You’re still Yamato, so you can stay here…”

“But…”

“You’re a nice girl after all, so I trust you…” said Yukie.

Her words uplifted Erika.

 

 

“President, president!” called Nino. Shun was the first person came in his mind. He wanted to consult him and perhaps ask his help

As Shun saw him, he sensed something wrong.

During that time, Maki and Yamapi were present in Aoyama’s residence.

“What’s wrong Nino?”asked Yamapi. They saw how troubled Nino’s face was.

“I-I’m a liar!” he started.

Everybody was confused, but it became clear as Nino told what happened.

 

“Are you saying that Mao is the real Erika Yamato?” Maki confirmed.

“I don’t know, I really don’t know” cried Nino.

Maki looked at her brother. She wanted to ask him if it was really possible for Mao to be the real Erika, but like everybody Shun didn’t have any idea.

 

“Master Shun, you have a call” the servant said as she offered the phone to Shun.

“Thank you” said Shun. She took the phone and answered the call. “Hello, who’s this?”

 

After the phone conversation

Maki discerned something. “What is it, is there any problem?” she asked.

Shun nodded. “There’s a complain about the outsider’s tour”

“The outsider tour, why, what happened?” Maki inquired.

“There’s a missing person. I’ll contact Kame to know the details” answered Shun as he dialed his phone. “Hello Kame…”

“Sorry President, I’m sorry!” cried Kame. His voice quavered.

(He had an idea that Shun called him to ask about the tour)

“Relax! Just explain what happened” said Shun.

Kame took a deep breath as he spoke up.

“Somebody inform me about this missing person named Inoue Mao…”

“Pardon?” asked Shun.

Hearing the name Mao shook him.

“Inoue Mao” Kame repeated. “Actually I last saw her with Boss Yano. I tried to contact Boss but he’s not responding. Can you help me to see him, president?”

Shun didn’t reply.

“President…president are you still there?”

“Ah, yes… don’t worry, I’ll fix this. Just give me the number of the complainant”

“Okay… Thank you very much President”

 

As Shun ended the call, he gave a keen look to his comrades (to Maki, Nino and Yamapi)

“Nino, do you want to see your parents?” Shun asked.

“Eh?!” ---Nino’s reaction.

***

“You’re Mao, right?” Yukie approached me. “I’m Yano’s sister. Can we talk in other place?”

***

That was a simple memory that flashed to Yukie.

Until now she couldn’t believe that Mao is her real sister.

 

BEEEP…

Yukie received a text message from Nino.

“Nee-chan, I’m going to see my parents”

Seeing his parents means knowing the truth about Mao. This idea gave Yukie the eagerness to come with Nino.

***

[Flash back]

 

We’re composed of four. My father, a taxi driver and sometimes an archer trainer is 43 years old. I always wonder how he controls his temper.  He is always cool. My mother is 41 years old. She’s good in cooking but doesn’t make expensive meal. Sometimes her looks scares me, but she’s nice. I’m next. Actually, I hate to give my own description but if I describe myself with one word it would be, strong. I always want to be valiant in the eye of other people. The last is my younger brother who is 16 years old.  He is Nino. He is intelligent, but can be a little careless and a crybaby. He used to be bullied by other students, so I stand as his protector.

“Nee-chan…I have apple candies. If you finish your meal, I’ll give it to you” said Nino. He knew it was my favorite sweet, an apple shape gummi candy.

[End of flashback]

 

Nino couldn’t control his feelings.

When he saw his parents he hugged them tight.

“Mama, Papa!” he cried.

Both his parents hugged him.

After a long period of time, they were reunited.

[Shun, Maki Yamapi, Erika, Yukie and Yamato’s Boss were also there]

“What happened to Mao, where is she?” mother asked.

Nino lowered his eyes “Actually we assumethat she is with boss Yano”

“What?” ---father’s reaction.

“Don’t worry, we assigned somebody to look for them” Shun added.

Father and Mother felt relief.

“Actually we’re not here for that matter” Yukie interrupted. She looked directly to father and mother’s eyes.

Mother and Father became nervous. They were wondering why Yukie together with the boss came to see them.

“W-what is it?” asked mother

 “We’re here to know the truth …” said Yukie directly “Is Mao really your daughter?” she mattered.

Silence,

How did they know that?The question stirred up.

This proved the saying Truth always prevail.

“Yes, she isn’t our daughter” father revealed. There was a sign of mixed emotins (sadness and fear) in his face while telling the whole thing.

[Flash back]

[Father’s narration]

“We’re a newlywed couple who luckily bought an old car. I was a new driver and a little careless so I hit a hurried girl”

SCREEEEECH!

Of course we brought her in the hospital, but we were afraid we might put in jail because of that incident, so we lied telling that the girl is our daughter. That was the time we created the name Mao. We called the girl Mao. The name just popped out.

Actually we were planning to escape once she gained her senses but things changed when we discovered that she lost her memory.

Because of what happened, we decided to take the responsibility.

 Our fault since we didn’t try to look for her family, we just decided to keep her as our own daughter.

After few days, we met Nino.

[End of father’s narration]

“So, Mao is really Erika” said Maki.

Her word assaulted Nino’s mind.

MAO IS ERIKA

MAO IS ERIKA

Suddenly Nino changed to his true self… as Nagi.

“It’s true, Mao is the real Erika!”

His words grabbed everyone attentions.

***

[Nino’s narration]

I headed to Hiroki sensei’s place but all I found was his burning house.”

*

At first I thought Nee-chan burnt with Hiroki sensei.

That was the reason why I left tour Village.

I ran outside believing that my whole family was murdered

That was the reason why I wandered alone. I wandered without any direction.

I actually didn’t know where to go

I was only sure in one thing; going back to Tama would be dangerous…

Until one day… I saw her…

I saw my sister.

“Nee-chan!” ---Nino.

I saw nee-chan in the market with that guy (father)

“Who are you?” she answered.

“Hey, I know this boy” father said “You’re the boy who stole apple last time, right?” asked father recalling how he help me (Nino). “You better go home, boy”

He told me to go home, but I didn’t listen, I followed him, I followed them.

That time, I discovered that nee-chan lost her memories.

That was the reason why I chose to keep her real identity, because if she remember what happened, for sure it would be painful.

I let nee-chan stayed as Mao.

I also begged her new parents to adopt me

Then, my plans followed.

It just happened that I also lost my memory. That inciden ruined my plans.

 [End of Nino’s narration]

“Enough! Yukie interrupted. “Look, Nagi, you got your memory back, you also found me, but instead of telling the whole truth, you asked Hiroki sensei’s niece to act as Erika! Why did you do that, Why do you need to do that?!” Yukie complained.

“Do you think I can easily trust anybody?” shouted Nino. He agitated. He then stared at Yamato Boss. “I don’t trust anyone… “he added.

“So, you believe that one of us did the assassination?” Yamato boss questioned.

“I suspect all of you!” Nino insisted.

“Stop it Nagi!” shouted Yukie. She wanted to protect the boss. She herself can’t believe that the boss can do the assassination.

“Its okay” said the boss.” I’m your father’s best friend so I understand how Nagi feel …”

Nino (Nagi) narrowed his eyes.

The boss continued. “To tell you the truth, Nagi… all the members of the council have their loyalty to your father… I can assure you that”

“Then who’s the mastermind behind their death! I’m sure he’s one of you, Nee-chan told it to me!” Nino insisted. To this point, he didn’t know what to believe.

“Maybe we could ask Mao, I mean the real Erika to know the truth!” Shun suggested.

Yukie took her phone, and dialed Toma’s number “Hello Toma…?”

Toma who was assigned to look for Yano and Mao gave his answer.

 “Positive! I know where to find Yano!” he said.

 

 

In a dim and old ware house,

Yano opened his eyes, he found himself in that abandoned place.

“Mao?!” he bit out as he held his head. There was blood, but he didn’t mind it.

***

Before Yano could realize, there was other mask man who succeeded to hit him in the head.

***

 

As Yano recalled what happened he realized one thing…

They had enemies.

Those people were probably the same people who shoot them one and half year ago.

 

 

A/N:Sorry for the late update… I’m having a hard time updating since we lost our internet connection.

I’ll try to update as soon as possible to clear everything (and hopefully put an end for this story)

To all who read, gave reviews and comments, Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.

Sorry for the errors