Mao's boyfriend

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

first%20kiss-yuki%20et%20mio.jpg

Mao and Yuta

 

3

“I want to have a perfect date so I need to be cautious with my words and actions.”

 

When Chen and Maki visited our house they fell in amazement. This was their first time in Village 3. The president of student council Shun was also there since Nino brought him.  

It was our  first time to have visitors so my mother prepared delicious and expensive food.

 “I’m please to meet you" Mother greeted giving more attention to Shun "I heard Mao has boyfriend, is that you?”

“No he isn’t.” I quickly objected. 

It was true that I had  boyfriend, but not Shun. My boyfriend was my senpai in my previous school. His name was Yuta Hiraoka, a non Yamato.

**

It was exactly 5pm when I arrived at Ueno Park. I was wearing a white dress.

The dress was chose by Maki, my hair and make up was did by Chen. They really gave their efforts just to make me pretty since I had a date.

 ”It was raining a while ago, maybe that the reason why Yuta isn’t here yet.” I said as as wait.

While waiting I remembered happy moments with Yuta, how we met, how he courted me, everything about him.

[Flash back]

 

As I remembered Yuta was popular in my previous school.  He was the captain of the basketball team. We had our first conversation when he helped Nino against bullies.

We were outside the clinic while waiting for Nino when he started a word.

“Mao, I forgot to introduce myself, I’m Hiraoka Yuta” 

“Yes, I know you” I answered. “You’re popular in this school, but how did you know my name, am I popular also?” 

Yuta smiled “Some of my female classmates used to talk about you.”

“Ah, maybe those girls are my costumers." (Before, I was selling accessories)

Yuta and I continued in talking about school then suddenly he changed the topic. 

“Mao, can we see a movie?” 

I didn’t expect to hear that “See a movie?-Oh no, I can’t! I don’t have extra money” 

“My treat.” 

“Treat? You mean for free? “ 

“Yes.”

 “If that the case then…let me think about it. 

“Glad to hear that, I’ll give you my number.  Just text me when you have your answer.”

“Okay.”

But after I became part of Yamato, I lost the courage to call him. 

“Sempai Yuta is waiting for my answer, but I guess he hates me for being Yamato. For sure he doesn’t like me anymore.”

 

 One sunny afternoon, I went outside Tama to amuse myself and to buy apple candy.

On my way, I met Miyu, one of my old classmates.

 “Mao!” called Miyu, she used to buy accessories from me.

“Miyu!” I hugged her. “I’m so glad to see you again!”

 “What happened to you, where do you study now?” asked Miyu but she noticed the logo in my uniform.  “Ah, I forgot, my uncle is waiting, I need to go home, see you Mao!”

As I thought, everyone outside Tama will be strange.   

 When I entered in the convenient store I felt strange glances. All were staring as they saw the logo of my school uniform – “Excuse me, can I have a box of apple candy?” I asked.

  “Sorry, we’re out of stock." The tone of the seller was strange.

As I left, I saw Yuta.  He was looking in my direction.  I guessed he would ignore me.

   “Mao!” called Yuta showing a cheery face.

 I realized that he was different from others. He greeted me, talked to me, he even reminds me about the movie.           

“Senpai, Why are you so persistent?” I asked.

   “It’s because I like you!”

 That was the first time somebody confessed to me… I couldn’t explain the feeling but I knew it was joy. From that moment, we started to go out.

I started to create a dream.

“After 2 years we will graduate and then I and Yuta might be married. “ I said this to Maki, cheerfully.

“Do you really like that guy?” asked Maki.  “He looks frail”.

“No, he’s good in sports and in martial arts.” I defended Yuta from Maki.

“If that’s your type of guy, take a look to our school council president”.

“To your brother?”

Maki wanted her brother to be my boyfriend but I wanted a guy outside the clan, so for me Yuta was perfect.

[End of Flash back]

 

Suddenly, a black limousine passed by. My dress poured by water.

“Hey! Look what you did?” I got mad so I tapped the car. They opened their windows but they didn't respond: Both the driver and the owner didn't speak.

I loss words when I realized that the owner who was sitting at the back was Yano. He looked at me, threw money then left.

“How come…he didn’t recognize me?” I wondered.

           

“Mao!” called Yuta. Finally he came. “Sorry, I’m late- What happened, are you okay?”

“Y-yes…” I answered, standing straight. I thought he wouldl notice my looks but he didn’t.

“C’mon, let’s go” he said.

“Where are we going?” I asked wondering.

“To the amusement park”

*

 “I enjoy our date, arigatou Yuta.” I said as we departed from the amusement park.

“I’m glad you enjoyed” uttered Yuta in low tone. It seemed that he had problem.

“Yuta, is there anything wrong?” I asked, worried about him.

“Mao, I think it’s about time to be honest.”

“What do you mean?” Yuta became strange. I started to be puzzled.

 “Mao, listen.”

As he said, I listened

“When you became Yamato, my feelings didn’t change." Yuta started without looking at me. " As long as I have you, I believe that EVERYTHING will be fine, but..." He gave me a short glance. " It's hard! No matter how much I tried, I think…I can't be with you.”

That was the last words he said before he left.

After giving me a lot of happy memories, He dropped me, because I’m part of Yamato. It kills my heart, his words torn me apart.

*

When I turn 18, Yuta and I will be married. This was my dream.  I’ll leave Tama and create an ordinary family.

I didn’t expect that the guy I thought to be my prince and savior will left me hanging.

Tears started to fall. It was really painful but I tried to hold on. I wiped my tears. “I won’t cry. I’m a strong girl.”

I acted as if nothing happened. Nino noticed my silence but I just smiled saying “I’m okay”

At school when Chen Yin asked updates about my date I told the same words.  “It’s fine.”

Only Maki discerned something.

 “Mao, tell me, what happened in your date?” Maki had hint. I didn’t reply. But as she looked in my eyes she could answer her own question. She went closer and said “There’s no wrong in crying”

Upon hearing her words, I started to cry. “Yuta left me. He left me because I’m Yamato, HE LEFT ME!” I wept a loud.

Maki lent her shoulder. “I told you, Shun is better.”

Having Maki’s shoulder, I felt a little better

.__________________________________________________________________________

Another edited chapter. Thanks for reading.