My dear Yano

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

27

“Mao, where are you?” asked Yano over the phone. He was worried, since the attempt assassination was still fresh.

I answered him with soft voice. “I’m going back” I was holding my tears. How could I say to him, that her sister asked me to leave?

I decided to return in Erika’s room. I used the elevator.

As I got off from the elevator, I saw Nino.

“Nino?”

He stared at me.

“Nino, are you okay?” I asked him, but he remained quiet.

“Gomen, Nino!” I apologized. I know I was the reason why Erika got hit, so I should ask his forgiveness.

“You don’t do anything, no need to apologize” said Nino.

His words comforted me. After all, he wasn’t blaming me.

“I thought, you think the same as Yukie-nee…” I said shortly.

‘What do you mean?” asked Nino.

I doubted to tell him the exact details, but I continued. I was sure, Nino would be the first one who dislike Yukie’s request.

“She told me to leave. Yukie nee wants me to leave the clan”

Nino became quiet. He didn’t expect Yukie to say those words to me.

“That’s cruel, right? I’m not Yamato but still you’re my brother, and Yano is my boyfriend, I also have Maki and---“

 “I guess it’s the best solution!” said Nino, interrupting my words, ruining my world.

How could he say that? Is it okay for him to see me leaving?

Nino stepped forward, heading inside the elevator.

“Wait, Nino!” I called. “Do you really want me to go?” I asked him. For the last minute I want to hear that he loves me, and he don’t want me to go.

“I’m the reason why you meet this clan” Nino started, without turning back, without looking at me. “Back Off, Mao. Leave this clan right away!” said Nino, and then he entered the elevator.

My tears fell down.

“Is that really Nino who’s pushing me away?”

Inside the elevator, Nino didn’t control his tears. Unknown to me, there was pain in him. He was thinking that I will be safe if I keep away from the clan.

***

Yano found me

“Hey, what’s wrong… are you crying?”

“Huh? N-no!” I lied.

Yano stared at me, and then he smiled. “Let’s go to cafeteria, I’m a little hungry”

“Yano!” I hugged him

It surprised Yano a little. He didn’t expect me to do that, especially because we’re in public place.

“Mao?” his voice was asking, he wanted to be sure if I was really okay.

“I’m thinking what will you do tomorrow?” I suddenly asked.

Yano narrowed his eyes “Tomorrow? I think I will join the investigation about our snipers” he answered.

“How about the next day?” I asked again.

“I’ll go to school…” Yano responded.

“Then…?”

“Then? Hmmm…”

“Don’t you think what will happen to us?” I questioned.

Yano got dazed

I removed from the hug, then said these words

“I’m no longer a Yamato but you’re still the future boss, so do you think we can still be together?”

“We can talk about that, but not now” said Yano avoiding the topic.

He wasn’t prepared for this matter, yet.  Anyway he only had two choices. He will leave the clan for me, or leave me for the clan.

“Yano, we must discuss it today!” I insisted.

“Stop insisting!” said Yano, annoyed. “I think you need some rest, go home now!”

GO HOME… those words from Yano made me stop.

I gave a half smile. “Okay. I’m leaving.”

He didn’t reply.

“Yano… I’m leaving!” I repeated. For the last time, I want to be in his arms, but he didn’t respond… so I ran away.

***

When Maki arrived in their house, a maid gave her a white envelope with the writing To: Maki. She opened it, and found my bracelet;

(This was the package Chen Yin gave, as sign of our friendship)

“Mao?” Maki uttered, she immediately ran to look for me, but she stopped when she read the first word in my letter. “Sorry”

She continued reading “Sorry Maki, but I have to go…”

*

That night, Yano felt guilty.

“It’s my fault! I shouldn’t say it to her” he thought while he was lying on his bed.” Right! Tomorrow I will date her!”

The next day, early in the morning, Yano went in our house.

He skipped class again.

He brought bouquet of roses.

“Mao!” he called but no one’s answering.

A neighbor who dropped by gave him the information. “Their family left before sunrise!”

“What? Do you know where they went?” asked Yano.

“Sorry, I don’t have any idea.” The neighbor answered, as he left.

Yano immediately dialed my number. I didn’t answer, so he called Nino. “Hey, Nino do you know that Mao and her parents moved in other place?”

Nino hanged up.

“What’s wrong with this guy?” Yano complained. The next one he called was Maki.

“Hey Maki, do you know where is the new place of Mao?”

“Aren’t you informed? She left us!”

“What?”

At first he didn’t understand what Maki was trying to say, but he did understand when he received text messages from me.

Accept my deepest gratitude for all the things you’ve done for me.

I’m grateful; I was able to meet you.

I’m glad, I loved you.

At first I do really hate you, the same how much I hated to be part of the clan.

I always looked to the bad things; I didn’t appreciate the good side of the clan until it happened…

…Our marriage.

When I learned that I wasn’t Yamato, my world collides

I’m not part of the clan,

You’re the future boss

How could our love be possible?

It was becoming hard for me to think it all over

So…

This time…

I guess…

This is the time to face reality…

…that…

We’re not for each other!

If I stay a little longer

It might be more painful

…for me…

…to leave you!

So I’m doing it now!

I made up my mind to forget everything about Yamato

You too, forget that I became part of your life.

Soon, you’ll be the leader

Be a good ruler

Do everything to give the expectations of your people.

Let’s not meet again

-Mao

*

Due to my request, my parents decided to go in the province of my mother.

Actually, I hate to do this. My mind was really contradicting, but I don’t have any choice.

 I took my phone and removed the sim card.

On our way, we passed a bridge There I stopped for a while and let off the sim card.

This is final; I will remove all things that might give memories.

Farewell Yamato clan,

Farewell my dear Yano 

319580_116008711832583_100002703633994_7

I don't own the picture... but I really love it!!!

 

Promotional Video