Public Apology

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

12

            Yano and Chen didn’t attend the summer class because of the sudden labor of their dog. The dog listens only to Yamato and Matsumoto. His name was Asou, a Belgian shepherd.

The group went in Yano’s house with Yui and Maki.

            Jin and Rina loved the puppies.

            “They are so cute!” said Rina.

            “Babies are cute indeed” Haruma added.

            Yano hearing those words realized something. What if he’s really the father? But no, thinking that he’ll have baby with a commoner from Village 3 annoyed him.

*

            “It was an accident. We never planned it, we don’t even like it” I decided to tell the whole story to my brother. “Nino, it was Yano…our boss”

Nino can’t believe what he heard. I must be kidding. I know he was thinking that why.

Nino hugged me. “You don’t have to carry this alone.” He said. I didn’t get him, but that night, he went in Yano’s place.

“Why are you here?” asked Yano.  He saw Nino holding a baseball bat.

Nino was serious; upon seeing Yano, he attacked using the bat.

 Of course Yano easily seized the bat. “Are you insane? Do your really want a fight?!”

“I know everything! Nee-chan told me.”

Yano understood why Nino acted that way.

“It was an accident. Actually it’s your sister’s fault; she’s the one who entered my room.”

“But you’ll  having a baby.”

“Are you sure that’s mine?”

“DON’T INSULT MY SISTER!” Nino got angry. “Do you think she can give herself to different boys? Nee-chan is not like that.”

“Then what do you want me to do?”

“Marry her.”

“What? Can you hear what are you saying? How can I marry a commoner, I’ll be your next boss”

“Then how can you save my sister from humiliation?!”

Yano was speechless.

“When I agreed to be your slave, you made me a promise… don’t you remember?”

**

“If you can assure me that she will never be hurt again, no matter what  happen I’ll do all of your commands.”

            Hearing that, Yano smiled and answered. “You have my words.”

**

            “Where’s your promise, WHERE IS IT NOW!?”

            Nino started to cry. He fell on his knees. “Please do something, help my sister, save her…”

            “Nino, I’m sorry.” said Yano then he left.

            “Boss-boss!” Nino tried to follow him but the body guards pushed him away.

            “I’m so weak; I even don’t know how to help my sister.”

 

            The next day, I went to school to give a public apology. I’ll be speaking in front of the school director, faculties and students.

 “Have you brought your parents?” my homeroom teacher asked.

“No” I answered. I had no courage to tell my parents what happened.

“Just prepared your self” said my home room teacher. “The last time it happened was 5 years ago, the girl who was involved in same scandal receive foul words.”

“President Shun Is this necessary?” asked Nino.  He was really worried.

“I’m sorry Nino, I’m afraid I can’t do anything to stop this.”

All students were told to go in the auditorium.

Usually Shun presented the offender but since it was me he told his vice president to do it. His vice president was a female.

She started. “Everybody knew that it is an offense when a student here in Yama Gakuen got involve in a scandal about pregnancy. The punishment will include suspension and a public apology. Today in front of our school director, faculties and students the offender Mao Matsuzawa of Village 3 will be speaking to tell her side and to apologize.”

The students produced sounds of mocking. Nino including Maki, Chen and Yano’s group were worried.

            Yano stayed at home.  He was looking at the stuffs he bought for his first love Erika Yamato.

            “How can I be disloyal to you?” said Yano.

 

            Back to the auditorium, I started to talk.

            “I… want to… give my apology.” I was trembling. “Sorry for the scandal I made. I take the responsibility.” The audience was still noisy but I continued. “True, I thought to kill my own baby but I realized this will be a bad idea. I’ll continue this pregnancy and take care of my child.”

            “Who’s the father, who’s the father?” The students were asking. “Is it true it was a non-Yamato?”

            I expected the students to think it was Yuta. I decided to stand on that lie.

            “I can’t answer all of your questions but one thing is sure… I love the father of my baby.” Of course, I was talking about Yuta.

            “You’re a , just leave this clan!” the students told that. “It’s unforgivable having relation with non-Yamato!”

            Almost all of the students even the faculty were thinking bad about me.      

            Nino can’t take their words. “It’s unfair; I should say the truth!”  He thought but he’s afraid they won’t believe him. Everybody knows Yano for hating commoners so how could it be possible he’s the father? They’ll not believe him for sure. He knew I think the same way.

            “Leave the clan!” That was the yell of the students.

            “That was my dream, to leave this clan but not this way.”  I thought, wanting to cry.

            Shun decided to stop the conference. He was about to enter the stage when Yano arrived. “Yano?”

            Yano went on stage and took the mike from me.

            Everybody was speechless.

            “Why are you here?”  I asked.

            “It will be unfair if I keep quiet” said Yano facing the audience.

            Yano’s group was in total shocked.

            Nino smiled. “I should expect this from boss Yano.”

            “What do you mean Nino?” asked Jin.

            “Let just hear him” said Nino.

All listened to Yano.

            “Here at Yama Gakuen, I’m the leader of the top group. I’m also the son of Yamato’s boss, but for this moment I want to speak as an ordinary part of Yamato clan.”

“What is he talking about?” asked Shun

“I’m saying this because I failed to do your expectations.  As a future leader I must stand as good example but it seems that I’m the one who is breaking the rule.”

“Will you please stop this!” I exclaimed, stopping Yano.

Yano hold my hand. “This girl” said Yano. She’s the girl I fell in love with. Love is the reason why we made a mistake.”

Everybody was in total shocked.

“Yes” said Yano. “I’m the father of her baby. She kept quiet because she wanted to protect me but seeing her being mocked is unacceptable. That’s why I’m talking in front of you. I’m ready to accept any punishment.”

“What’s wrong with Yano?” asked Miura.

“His words are all lies” said Nino “Except one thing, he’s really the father.”

 

I was saved by Yano- from total humiliation. In fact, they saw me lucky being chosen by their future leader.

After the conference Shun talk with Yano’s group. They were in their room with Yui, Maki and Chen. Yano and I weren’t there.

“I thought Boss will keep quiet but look what he did, he make me proud of him” said Nino.

 “Nino, will you please tell us what’s happening” asked Maki.

Nino narrated the story. “It happened during our summer trip, in the cruise ship…”

 

At the green house, I and Yano had words.

‘What are you thinking, why did you say that?” I asked.

“I made up my mind, I’ll take the responsibility” said Yano.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m the father, right?”

“So what?”

“I’m going to marry you.”

“Why do you deciding on your own?!” I got angry. “I won’t marry you. I don’t want you in my life!”

“Then what’s your plan?”

“None so far, but marriage is not the solution; it will ruin my dreams.”

“And how about my dream?” said Yano. “I never planned to have a commoner in my life, but since this happened I have no choice but to sacrifice.  Don’t think that you’re the only victim here.”

I realized his words. He really didn’t want to be married but it seemed that he left with no choice.

“Are you sure you’re going to marry me?”

“I’ll marry you.”

“If that the case, please help me to explain this to my parents.”