Bullets

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

 26

Nino and Yano

Both were important in my life.

To this point, I don’t want to lose any of them. They were so dear to me; my life was a sugar and spice because of them.

That was the reason why I didn’t like Erika, because I had a feeling that anytime she could get them away from me.

My thinking was really unfair, of course this wasn’t her fault, but I can’t control my mind. Doubt and jealousy were evoking, especially when I saw Erika in the cemetery with Nino.

 Before I used to be with Nino, we shared our agony, our happiness, everything. Now was different.

“We visit our parents!” said Erika glancing at their tomb.

As a response, I shook my head. I also looked at Nino, but he moved his eyes away.

A long still followed.

“We’re here to visit our child” said Yano, breaking the silence.

Erika wasn’t surprise, so maybe she was informed about my miscarriage.

I prayed after I placed the flower we bought for Achilles. That time, I was unaware on Erika’s glances.

Her keen eyes examined my wholeness. As she did, she noticed a shadow behind the tree.  “What’s that?” she asked.

She was the only one who could see it, since Yano and Nino were busy in discussing school matters, I had my own business.

Erika tried to figure it out. She looked closer, and then she got it “A sniper!” She bit out, running to my place.

Mao!!!” shouted Erika as she pushed me.

A series of bullets appeared

 "Rat atatatatatat"

Nino and Yano face down.

I thought it was our end. Thank you, the mysterious sniper or maybe snipers stopped, and disappeared.

 “Mao?” said Yano when the tragic hunt stopped. She immediately looked after me.”Are you okay?”

I was trembling, panicked. “Erika… Erika!” I cried, since Erika got hit on the shoulder.

***

“What happened?” asked Yukie, when she reached the hospital. She only found Yano. “Yano, where’s Nagi? Is Erika okay?”

“Tell me, are you behind of this?” raised Yano in cold manner.

“Pardon?”

“It came from your mouth! That anytime, you can hurt her! I know you’re the only who could do this!”

“I don’t know anything!” said Yukie, fiercely.

“Liar!” yelled Yano.

“I’m not lying!” she insisted. “Yes, I said those words, but… to say you the truth, I can’t do that! Mao has been part of the family, she’s been part of my life” said Yukie, her face crumpled into a rueful grimace. It revealed that somewhere in her heart she saw me as her sister.

Yano stopped his accusation. He was convinced that Yukie was saying the truth.

“Where’s my siblings?” asked Yukie.

Yano replied dolefully “Erika’s fine, she’s inside” he glanced at the room where Erika was.

Yukie opened its door and found Erika sleeping. I was also there, watching Erika.

Yukie didn’t enter, instead she asked about Nino . “How about Nagi, where is he?”

“He’s outside, I guess in the garden”

“I’ll see him” said Yukie as she left.

***

She found Nino sitting on a bench. From that moment, she remembered their childhood. She saw herself seeing the young Nagi.

“Nee-chan?” called Nagi.

Yukie was awakened. “What am I thinking, this isn’t the time to recollect” she thought, getting closer to Nagi.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

Nino turned his eyes down. “This is my fault”

‘What are you saying?” asked Yukie; she didn’t have any idea why Nino said those words. Rebel Yamato did it, or maybe some outsider. She would definitely hold an investigation to make the criminals pay.

“The culprit is from the council!” said Nino.

“What?” Yukie pinched her eyebrows.

“I already reveal that the master mind behind our parent’s assassinations was one of the councils that are the possible reason why they attack us. For sure I was the target.”

It became cleared to Yukie, but she couldn’t think who among the 12 members of the council did it.

“It should be me, not Erika… or Mao” Nino mourned “I don’t want any more sacrifices!”

To lessen his agony, Yukie hugged him.

“Nee-chan… I’m afraid!” cried Nino “What if they kill Erika… what if they include Mao. If that happen, I don’t know what to do.”

Even Yukie didn’t know what to do, but she will surely think for possible way to fix this.

*

I used the comfort room,

While washing my hands, I evaluate what happened. I just want to visit Achilles, but it turns to be like this…”

Done washing, I was about to leave when Yukie-nee entered.

 “Nee-chan?”

“Perfect timing, I want to talk to you” She said.

*

Erika was awaked when Nino returned to her room.

 “Erika” said Nino, there were worries in his voice.

Erika smiled. “Don’t worry, I’m okay now”

 

Yano who was also there wondered what took me so long.

 

I went outside the hospital (in the garden) and had words with Yukie.

“What is it?” I started.

Yukie stared at me. Her eyes were fiery so I felt a little nervous. “What is it, nee-chan?” I repeated.

“To cover your body, Erika got hit, right?”

I looked down; embarrassed. That was the real thing happened.

“Mao, tell me the truth, did you think that it is better if Erika didn’t return?”

I will be hypocrite if I deny I didn’t wish it. True, somewhere in my mind, I thought about it.

“You’re so unfair! Do you even realize how painful it is for Erika?”

“Gomen…” I bit out, wanting to stop the conversation. Erika was a kind girl, but I don’t want to lose Yano or Nino to her. That was the real thing I feel.

“Its’ not only the bullet” Yukie-nee continued “There are also the issue about Nagi and Yano, the two people you took from her!”

 “I don’t want to hurt Erika!” I said to convince Yukie. “Yano and Nino are also important to me”

“I know, of course I know! But please, just this once, can you give Erika a chance, to be happy?”

Yukie-nee was begging. She was begging for her sister. To this point, jealousy ran throughout my body. “If only I am Erika, things would be smooth”

“What do you want me to do?” I asked.

Yukie-nee raised her chin “Give back her happiness!”

“Eh?”

“Keep away from us, leave our clan!”

“No…” I refused. “I can do anything except that!”

How could I leave the place of my love ones?

Maki

Nino

Yano

Leaving them was a suicide.

 

I think this story will end at chp30 or 31. Hope to see you till the end, *smiles*