Happily never after

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

20

Paris is the capital and largest city in France, situated on the river Seine, in northern France. For centuries, the city had been a labyrinth of narrow streets and half-timber houses, but, beginning with Haussman's advent; entire quarters were leveled to make way for wide avenues lined with neo-classical stone buildings of bourgeoisie standing.

 

This was the place where I, Yano and our friends went for a trip. Shun was supposed to be with us but he couldn’t since he was busy attending seminars. Here, we met Chen Yin again. Her hair became an inch longer and she was happy to see Yano and I as real couple.

According to some legend, Paris was the perfect place to fall in love, and it would take effect on us.

***

After 2 days, we retuned in Tama.  

Nino knocked on their door, but it seemed that no one was there. The boy from the neighborhood Koichi went near Nino. Nino smiled and asked him. “Do you know where my parents are?”

Koichi nodded.

“Where are they?” asked Nino, but before he could answer Koichi’s mother took him.

“Weird”thought Nino. He just sat near the door to wait our parents.

*

“What?” Yano retorted as he heard the guard.

“Sorry young master but that was an order. Don’t allow Miss Mao to enter”

“Are you out of your mind, who could ever do such order, Mao is my wife”

“Yano, its okay!” I said. “For the mean time, I’ll go in Village 3.”

“No, I won’t allow that!” Yano insisted.

I smiled. “Maybe, something happened; get inside to know that, I’ll go in Village 3.

Yano stared at me “I guess you’re right” he said, realizing my words. “Don’t worry, I’ll fix this. I’ll call you later”

“Okay.”

*

I was in the taxi when I spotted Nino walking on the side of the road. I immediately signal the taxi driver to stop.

“Nino!” I called, running to him “Why are you here? I thought you went home already.”

Nino stared at me “Nee-chan..”

“What’s wrong?” I asked since I saw his teary eyes.

“Nee-chan!” he hugged me, crying. “Mama and Papa are in jail’

“Huh?”

Nino told me that while he was waiting outside our house, he heard the chit chat of the neighbors.

“How could they do that, deceiving Yamato is a crime.”

“For sure they will be in prison to death”

“Hey, what do you mean?” Nino showed himself to them, the two mothers didn’t expect him but they raised eyebrows. “For sure this is part of your evil plan to use your sister to seduce our future boss, right? But truth always prevail, this is your end now”

“They said our parents put in jail, because father isn’t the real brother of Hiroki Matsuzawa.” Nino narrated.

My surroundings turned black. We’re not real Yamato? How could this possibly happening?

 I decided to run back to Matsumoto’s residence.

“Wait Nee-chan, where are you going?” Nino followed me, not noticing the coming car.

“Screech…!”

That sound took my attention. When I stopped and turned around I saw Nino lying with blood. “Nino!!!”

*

 “What do you mean by that?” asked Yano when he heard the information from Toma.

“The boss himself conducted the investigation” Toma answered. “And he found out that Matsuzawa isn’t their real surnames. Well, they admitted it during interrogation, but according to them they just changed their names to hide from creditors, they denied doing it for purpose.”

“Of course they aren’t spy; they don’t have bad records in our town so maybe we could forgive them”

“Actually, the boss punishment is to banish their family from our village but Yukie-nee intruded.”

“What?”

“Hiroki Matsuzawa was a good friend of Yukie’s father that’s why she got mad and said that he won’t forgive them”

Yano got frightened. “For sure, Mao isn’t aware about this”

“According to her mother, Mao didn’t know anything, it was Nino’s idea”

“Nino’s idea?”

“Yes, she said that, but she took it back saying that only she and her husband know the truth.”

Hearing these things put Yano in total confusion. “What will happen now?” he asked himself. Suddenly his phone beeped. It was my name on the screen so he answered it immediately.

“Mao?”

“Yano, help me… I’m here in the hospital”

Yano rushed to the hospital. He was the only one I called. When he arrived he saw me sobbing. As he called my name, my body moved unconsciously, running to his arms.

“It’s okay, Nino will be fine” he said smoothing my hair. His words did comfort me, but I was worrying how long it would take.

*

Nino was still unconscious. As I looked on his face my tears started to fall. I hate seeing him in this situation.

Yano stared at me and then to Nino. His face was troubled and I knew the reason behind that.

“You know it, right?” I asked him.

‘What are you talking about?” he asked back.

“That we’re not real Yamato”

Yano’s eyes turned down. He didn’t know how to react.

“I want to see and ask my parents, but this happened to Nino. I don’t know what to do now”

Yano was still speechless. He wanted to assure my safeness but he couldn’t, since our enemy here was the whole clan.

“Can I see my parents? They should know what happened” I insisted.

Yano sighed “You can only see them once their punishment announce.”

“And when is that?”

“Sorry, I don’t know yet…”

Things were getting worst. I felt that my place was narrowed. I even doubted if Yano could defend me.

“I will talk to the boss!”

Yano was surprised. He didn’t expect me to say that. “Are you serious?”

“I’ve been part of your family so I think there’s no wrong if I talk to him”

I was determined so I won Yano’s approval.

*

All people in Matsumoto’s residence had their eyes on me. For sure they were thinking as our neighbors, that having Yano as my husband was part of our plan.

As Yano called his father, I waited in the living room. I was so nervous, I didn’t have any idea what would happen next. After minutes of waiting, I spotted Yamato’s boss with Yano, Toma and Yukie. I immediately stood up and bow to them.

“Are you here to confess your sin?” Yukie started.

“Mao didn’t do anything!” said Yano insisting, but Yukie continued.

“Your parents admitted the sins that they lied being Matsuzawa. You know that, right?”

“No, I’m sure my surname is Matsuzawa.”

“According to my investigation” said the boss “your parent’s surname seven years ago is Inoue, don’t you know that?”

 I pinched my eyebrows. I really didn’t know what they were talking about, but it didn’t stop me to speak for my side “As I remembered, we didn’t go here on our own; your people took our family.”

“Are you trying to say that this is our fault?” asked the boss.

His voice trembled me “I’m just trying to say that my parents are not bad people. If we’re really non Yamato, then let us leave this place”

“That was our plan!” said Yukie. “You and your brother will be banished from this Village, but your parents will stay here”

“What do you mean?”

“Using Hiroki Matsuzawa’s name is unforgivable. The best punishment for them is a public execution”

Yano and I got shocked. We never realized that Yukie could give such punishment.

“No, please, don’t do that!” I begged, but they were all deaf. I fell on my knees just to have their forgiveness, but Yukie and the boss had strong personality. They just looked at me with blank emotions.

“Hey, Mao is still my wife!” Yano reminded.

Yukie grinned. “Not anymore” she said.

“What do you mean?” asked Yano.

The boss answered his question “Do you think I will allow my descendant to marry a non-Yamato?”

“Don’t tell me you’re fixing our divorce?” Yano questioned.

“That’s the right thing to do!” the boss answered as he left.

Yukie stared at me and gave her last words. “If you still value your life, leave this place soon”

“Yukie-neechan-“I called which she corrected.

“No! I’m not your sister!” She yelled. “I treated you as my own sister, I never thought that your family could do this, you just disappoint me” she confessed. This made me realized how painful it was for her. I bowed my head and started to cry.

“You can’t do this” said Yano. “You can’t just throw my marriage!” he insisted but Yukie left. Yano didn’t know what to do. Looking at me was also hard for him. He wanted to help me but he didn’t know how.

“I just want to confirm something” said Toma breaking his silence, “Is Nino your real brother?”

His query moved me.

“What kind of question is that, of course Nino and Mao is siblings?” said Yano

“Just answer me!” Toma shrilled neglecting Yano.

I looked at Toma, confused. A long pause before I answered. “H-he’s adopted.”

Toma squinted “As what I thought…”he said. “Now I got strong evidence that Nino is behind this”

*****

I forgot to put this video- this may give hint about Nino's real identity, btw the last part of the video is a litlle different from the story