Yano and Erika

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

31

Lights on,

Yano trembled as he saw 11 masked men in front. He couldn’t be wrong… those people were part of the assassin group Petals.

“What the…” Yano’s reaction (What’s the meaning of this)

“Are you wondering?” said the masked man who had the number one mark which mean he was the leader of the said group.

“Where’s Mao, what did you do to her, are you all behind of this?” Yano had many questions.

“Future boss, relax…” said the masked man who had the number one mark. “We’re just doing this as part of your test…”

“Test?”  Yano blinked his eyes. As future boss he was informed that one day Petals will give him test to prove his worthiness.

 “Wait the minute, is Yukie –nee knows all of this?” he questioned.

Petals’ leader moved his head. “No! We don’t include her” he answered. “Actually, we’re doing this to avoid your mistakes. You suppose to focus on your duty as our next boss than hanging around with that girl”

Yano became speechless.

“Do you promise to leave her for the sake of your duty?” Petals’ leader asked.

“We decided to free each other, you don’t have to be worried” Yano answered.

“Yes, you are planning to stay away from each other, but how long… I guess you’ll find time to see her in any ways, especially if you’re already the boss”

Yano narrowed his eyes. He couldn’t take his words anymore.  “Just tell me where is Mao. Let her go!” he shouted. In no time, he will surely hit those people.

The leader of Petals could read his mind. “Are you really sure you can beat all of us…” he asked.

Yano gave them fiery eyes “Just let her go!”

“We won’t!” the leader responded… “It is better for that girl to die than to mess your obligation as our boss…” he insisted

 “No, you can’t do that!” Yano rustled. He didn’t know Petals personally but he was informed how cruel they were. Killing was a piece of cake.

 “I’m begging let her go!” Yano requested.

The leader of Petals as well as his other members laughed.

“Is it true, you’re begging?” The leader teased.

Yano nodded “I promise…I’ll do whatever you want… just let her go!” he persisted.

There was sign of sincerity in his eyes. His words were convincing.

“No!” The leader answered. Yano failed to convince him. “Before sun rise, we will—“

“Onegai!!!” Yano begged on his knees.

Everyone didn’t expect that. They were actually expecting Yano to use his strength to win.

“I’m begging, please….” Cried Yano

Everyone found themselves loss of words.

In able to save Beauty, Beast thrown away his pride…

 

 

“You passed!” the leader said.

Yano confused looked at him “W-what are you saying?”

“I said you passed” he repeated bending his knees. He looked at Yano directly “We need a boss that can save his pride and be humble for the sake of his people.” He revealed then he smirked “From now on, you have our loyalty.”

The whole members took off their mask and bowed to Yano.

That was the first time Yano saw their faces. There were also girls…some were familiar.

“Now … it’s my turn to reveal my identity…”

Yano didn’t put away his look towards the leader. Since before he wanted to know who he is.

The leader took off his mask.

 “Y-you’re the leader of petals?” Yano couldn’t believe who he saw.

 

 

“Jin?”

The leader of Petals was his best friend Jin Akanishi.

Jin smirked “I’m sorry if I keep this to you. Like you this is also my duty.”

Yano couldn’t respond. He was questioning how Jin became part of Petals…

“I’m sorry if I put Mao’s life in danger” Jin continued “Actually we don’t have a choice but to vanish her, but now… you should know that everything will be okay… “

Yano blinked his eyes.

“Just recently…we discovered that… Mao is… the real Erika Yamato!”

Yano found his self open mouthed. “W-what are you talking about?” he questioned. He heard the words clearly but it seemed to be a joke.

“I know it seems impossible, but it’s true… Nagi proved it and soon a DNA test will be underdone.”

“NO! You’re lying… you’re lying…” said Yano repeatedly.

That was the most shocking news he heard in his life.

 “After the assassination, Mao got amnesia” Jin narrated. He told the whole thing to Yano.

“Her physical appearance changed a lot so it isn’t questionable why no one recognizes her, but if we evaluate, we might prove that she is Erika. They have a lot of similarities, right?”

Yano thought about it… he recalled the similarities: Archery, fear in high places, the love in apple candy….

But still…accepting that idea wasn’t easy “Where’s Mao?” he asked.

“She’s upstairs” Jin answered.

Yano ran upstairs quickly.

On his way he was still bothered. He just discovered that Jin was the leader of Petals, and now they were saying that Mao is Erika?

“No, it can’t be” said Yano. Of course that was really impossible. Yano’s mind couldn’t take that idea.

*

 

Finally Yano found me. I was in a small room, sleeping on the sofa.

“Mao…” Yano bit out. He went near me and was about to touch my face when he remembered Jin’s words ~Mao is the real Erika~

Yano puzzled “How?” he wondered. He couldn’t imagine, never in his life that me could be Erika.

 

[Flash back]

In Yamato clan, it was a tradition that the leader or member of the council should be the first born.

That was the reason why the present leader of the clan chose Yano to be his successor.

 

It was Yano’s 7th birthday when he and Erika met.

Yano was playing in the fountain when Erika approached him.

“Yano!” she called.

Yano looked at her.

“I hate you!” said Erika directly.

Yano narrowed his eyes “Pardon?” he questioned.

Erika raised her eyebrows. “I said I hate you, because you’re not suitable to be the next leader!”

“What?” Yano responded. It seemed that he didn’t understand what Erika was saying.

“Don’t pretend that you don’t know, I’m talking about my father’s decision. My sister should be the next boss, not you!

“So, it’s about the leadership… I heard… your sister refuse that calling.”

 Erika didn’t answer. Anyway Yano was right. Just recently, her sister Yukie told the family that she didn’t want to be the next leader. That was the reason why their father decided to choose other successor.

Yano smirked “Let me guess… I think you’re the one who want to be the leader right?”

Erika was speechless. She didn’t expect Yano to catch her words.

Because of so much embarrassment, she ran away with red face.

 

That was their first meeting.  Obviously there was tension, but things became smooth as days went on.

 In the end, they developed feelings for each other.

[End of flash back]

 

“Mao…” said Yano touching my face. From that moment he felt unwell. There was a feeling of ailing that forcing him to burst from tears.

“Yano?” I said upon opening my eyes.

I didn’t want to but my body moved, hugging Yano automatically. “I’m sorry, I’m really sorry!” I cried realizing what was happening.

When I was kidnapped it was revealed to me that behind this was Petals. They wanted my life because I might be a hindrance for Yano. Because of me, Yano’s position and perhaps his life was put in risk.

 

My tears started to trickle.

In my heart, I didn’t want Yano to suffer for my sake. That was the reason why I chose to leave.

 As this moment, I wanted to give a promise that whatever happens, I won’t comeback in Tama. I will do everything just to erase the name Yamato in my mind. But before I could open my mouth, I noticed Yano’s strange looks. His eyes seemed bothered.

“Yano?” I questioned.

“Mao, listen…” he said critically.

I quivered.

“You’re the real Erika”

_________________________________________________________________________

Late update again, because of the typhoon here in our country.

Anyway, I’m about to finish this fic, I’ll make sure to end this at chapter 34. I’ll post the next chapter tomorrow, or maybe later

Thank you for reading!!!