Petal and Erika

Kizuna (Bond between us)

 

15

I heard shots of gun followed by deadly scream! I was about to see the person who held the gun but I was awakened.

This was horror but Yano was sleeping beside me. We had been married for three weeks so I used to it.

It was 2am in the morning, people were all asleep. I stood up and went outside. I want to star gaze, looking to the vast sky might help to overcome my homesick. I badly miss my family.

There was a fountain in the garden, I sat there reminiscing.  I miss the food mom used to prepare, I miss my father’ who patiently teach me archery and most of all I really miss Nino. They promised to drop calls but I hadn’t received any. I hope they were fine.

I was in the middle of my recollection when I heard a car. I walked to the gate to see; it was Miss Yukie who got down form it. She was wearing black coat with some stain “Red stain?” I thought. When I looked keenly I realized what those were-blood. My heart beat faster. I decided to go back in our room, quietly. I was still frightened when I arrived.

“What happened?” asked Yano. I didn’t want to but I woke him up. He went closer and asked again. “I’m asking you, what happened?”

“I-I saw Miss Yukie” I replied trembling.

“Really?”

“Do you have any idea where had she been? I saw blood in her coat!” I breathed out.

Yano stopped then faced to me. “She was…Okay, you’re already part of the family so I guess you should know the secret.”

“What secret?”

“About Petal”

“Petal?”

That was the first time I heard about the group. I became interested to hear it from Yano.

Yano sat on the bed. “I don’t know if I should continue!”

“Of course you should, don’t kill my excitement!”

Yano narrowed his eyes as he looked at me. “Yukie belongs to Petal, Yamato’s assassins’ group!”

I froze. I analyzed it “Assassin group?”

“It was created right after the death of Yamato’s old boss; Yukie was one of the pioneers who recruited members. At first my father was against in this group but in the end he left with no choice but to favor them. He need their loyalty in able to avoid rebellion. The identities of the members are still mystery, me myself I don’t know anything about them only the fact that they use Yamato’s extension as training ground” Yano detailed.

His explanation couldn’t reach my understanding.

 “As a successor I need to please the leader of Petals or else, they will kill me’” Yano confessed.

“No!” I suddenly bit out. “You mean, my son should face the same fate, I can’t allow that!”

I worried about the future of my son and somehow about Yano’s situation. He stopped talking. He just glared at me.

I rolled my eyes. “So, Miss Yukie is a killer” I uttered.

Yano nodded.

This knowledge reminded me a memory from the past, the real story why I hated Yamato clan. It wasn’t clear but as I remembered I saw someone from the clan who killed two people.

“Ei Mao!” called Yano.

He stirred me from thinking.

“You don’t have to be worried; As long as we have Yukie-nee, we’ll be safe”

 I wanted to believe Yano but learning about this Petal started to crouch my mind.

The next morning, I asked Yano if I could visit my family. He allowed me. I went to my room to dress. Sadly, my old clothes weren’t fit to me already. I thought to ask Yukie’s help but after knowing her real identity, I felt awkward. Suddenly I remembered Erika’s room. There were lots of clothes there maybe Yano won’t notice If I get one. I went there and took the pink dress.

“Let’s go!” I said, wearing already the pink dress.

Yano was waiting at the living room with a maong pants and white t-shirt. He glued his eyes on me. “That dress…”he hissed.

“Ano…actually this is-“

“Remove it!” shouedt Yano abruptly. He put his firing eyes on me

I panicked. “Let me explain, I just wear this because-“

“Didn’t you hear me?!” Yano interrupted my explanation. “I said remove it!” He got closer as if he wanted to pull the dress.

“What’s happening?” Yukie saw us. “Yano, what are you doing?”

No one answered but by just observing Yukie figured it out.

“Gomen…” I said bowing my head in front of Yano. “I didn’t mean to offend you, I’ll change now” I immediately ran back to our room.

Yukie stared at Yano.

“What?” Yano questioned.

“Do you still hoping that Erika is alive?” asked Yukie.

Yano didn’t answer.

Yukie crossed her arms as she sighed. “Mao’s your wife”

“You don’t understand!”

“Just don’t forget you’ll having a baby” she said

“The baby,”

Yano remembered our baby, during the vacation he didn’t tell but he agreed to call him Akiresu.

 Yukie asked the helper to buy me new clothes.  When I was done changing I found Yano at the backyard burning all of the stuffs he kept for Erika.

“Why did you do this?” I asked.

He went near me and touched my belly “From now on…I’ll only think about the baby” he said flashing a petite smile.

***

This is my first time requesting from a site, actually this is originally post in winglin, I love the poster so I decided to post it here. credits to http://candyhearts22.blogspot.com/