Chapter 36

For you in full bloom

Another update because I'm at work and I finished, but I can't leave... So... here's stuff ^^

            Minho stood outside of Taemin’s door, shivering. It was getting pretty cold, and Minho thought it might even snow soon. Taemin had said he’d be right down, but Minho had been outside for a few minutes now. He rubbed his cheeks to get some heat back into them when the door opened.
            “Hyung! How long have you been there?” Taemin asked, pulling Minho inside his home.
            “A few minutes,” Minho said, teeth chattering.
            “I’m sorry,” Taemin replied. “Would you like something to drink?”
            “Do you have tea?” Minho asked, cuddling into his coat.
            Taemin ran off to make Minho some tea while Minho took his mittens and shoes off.
            It seemed as though Taemin’s home was very warm and inviting, and Minho sat uncomfortably on the couch.
            “Ah, Taemin, you have a guest?” Minho heard a voice call from the kitchen.
            “Yes, Eomma. Let me introduce you,” Taemin suddenly appeared with his mother behind him. “This is Choi Minho. Minho, this is my mother Lee Seohyun”
            His mother gasped. “This is Minho?” She shook Minho’s hand excitedly. “Taeminnie has told me all about you, Minho,”
            Both boys turned red. “Eomma!” Taemin protested, pushing his mother out of the room.
            “Have fun boys!” She called.
            Taemin groaned and slid the cup of tea to Minho. “Sorry about that...”
            Minho smiled. “You talk about me?”
            Taemin blushed. “I do. Sorry,”
            Minho took a sip of his green tea. “You don’t need to apologise, Taemin-ah”
            Taemin returned the smile. “What do you want to do, hyung? We can watch films upstairs in Dad’s study. He’s not home and he has the best television.”
            Minho agreed, and the two boys fled upstairs to the room.
            It was a rather large room, equipped with an old maple wood desk, a flowery blue couch, a large flat screen television, frayed dark red rugs and two soft fleece blankets.
            Taemin tossed a blanket to Minho and popped a DVD into the system.
            Once Taemin settled in, Minho asked “What movie did you pick?”
            Taemin wrapped himself up. “Aladdin. It’s good, isn’t it?”
            Minho nodded. “I’ve never seen it in Korean before,”
            Taemin raised an eyebrow. “I forgot you’re American!”
            Minho scowled. “I’m British!” Taemin laughed at him.
            “Is it so bad to be American? It’s okay hyung, you don’t have to hide being American.”
            Minho glared at him and brought out his normal English accent. “I ain’t American hat all! I wuz born an’ raised in England. English iz me first lingo an’ I speak hit properly unlike Americans.
            Taemin burst out laughing. “What?! Was that English?”
            Minho nodded. “Nobody speaks ‘hit all propa like, like the Queen. We call hit posh English.” He laughed with Taemin. “Old beans think we speak like this, don’t they? Absolutely top hole, I have to say, good chap”
            “Wait, hyung, so English people don’t really talk like that?”
            “Of course they don’t! Nobody says ‘chap’ and ‘fancy’ unless they’re posh,”
            “What about ‘loo’?”
            “It’s the ‘toilet’” Minho responded.
            Taemin laughed. “My whole life is a lie!”
            Minho nodded. “So’s mine! Guess what Onew hyung told me!”
            Taemin tilted his head. “What?”
            Minho lowered his voice. “He dated my mother!”
            Taemin’s eyed widened. “What? Really?! For how long?”
            Minho shrugged. “He said it was years and he was going to marry her, but he didn’t know she was cheating on my father with him,”
            Taemin gasped. “Are you... mad?”
            Minho shrugged again. “It’s not hyung’s fault. I think I’m a little bit mad at my mother. She always told me it was for work, why she was always leaving. I didn’t know she was coming here to see hyung,”
            “Hyung, how do you know that Onew-ssi isn’t your dad?”
            Minho smiled sadly. “He told me he isn’t. I kind of wish he was...”
            Taemin patted Minho’s back. “I know you don’t like your father, hyung. Is it that bad?”
            Minho nodded. “Onew hyung has become our father now. Our dad’s in jail,”
            Taemin already knew this of course, but he needed to play along. “How come?”
            Minho clenched his fist. “Don’t tell anyone, Tae. My dad was arrested for child abuse.”
            Taemin gasped. “He hurt Minki?”
            Minho shook his head. “It was me, Taemin. Onew hyung and I turned him in and now Minki and I live with hyung because Minki’s mother was dangerous for children. She knew and never did anything,”
            Taemin grimaced and pulled Minho in for a hug. “It’s okay, hyung. Your secret’s safe with me.”

Minho returned the hug, burying his head on Taemin’s shoulder. “I love you, Taemin.”

Taemin’s heart pounded and he pulled away from Minho. “What?” He asked.

“You’re such a good dongsaeng.” Minho smiled.

Taemin sighed. “Yeah, dongsaeng.”

“Areumdaun sesang. Geudaeege boyeojuri malhaebwayo geudaega bogo shipeun geotdeuleul~” The television blared A Whole New World and both boys jumped, suddenly startled.

“Ah, we haven’t been watching the movie!” Minho said, smiling. “Should we just watch it from here?”

Taemin nodded. “Sure, hyung.” He snuggled into his own blanket and scooted as far away from Minho as he could get. Why was he always just a dongsaeng or a friend? When would Minho see him as more than that?