Chapter 9

For you in full bloom

This is also a short chapter, but two short chappies is as good as one long one, right? ^^ Kekeke, enjoy!

----------------------------------------

                Taemin practically ran to the park, needing to talk to his eomma. This was the first time that he’d ever felt this way in his fifteen years of life. Even if his eomma was only two years older than him, Taemin was pretty sure he’d able to help.

                He needed help right now. He was driving himself crazy thinking about Minho hyung. He thought about Onew. He thought about that natural wide smile on Minho’s face when he was with Onew. He thought about the fake, strained smile Minho wore when he wasn’t. Taemin choked on a sob, trying to hold his tears in until he could get to Key.

                He did, but only for a short while. As soon as he saw the familiar figure, he let go off all of his inhibitions. Shocked, Key pulled his baby Tae into a tight hug, not caring that his tears were soaking his new shirt. All Key cared about was killing the someone or something that made him cry.

                “Shh, baby. It’s okay, Minnie.” Key soothed his little baby, holding him closely, rocking him back and forth until Taemin’s body wracking sobs turned into periodic sniffles. “Taeminnie, what happened?”

                Taemin sniffled again, looking up at Key. “Eomma, why doesn’t Minho-hyung smile with me?”

                Though it was an innocent question, it sparked a fury in Key. How could you not smile with Taemin?! “What do you mean?” He wiped Taemin’s tear stained cheeks.

                “He… He only smiles with Onew-ssi!”

                Key considered this. He’d never seen Minho smile, but he just always thought Minho was the type to constantly have a poker face. It was true that he’d never seen any expression on Minho’s face other than the stoic mask he always wore. What was Minho hiding behind that mask?

                “Onew?”

                “Hyung’s best friend!” Taemin whined.

                This was maybe outlandish, as Minho and Onew had never called themselves best friends. They might as well have been, though.

                “Minho has friends?” What else didn’t Key know about Minho? The boy was mysterious, he admitted. Suspicious people always aroused suspicion in Key. He means, come on! If you had a secret to hide, hide it well! Don’t make people think you have one. He managed to hide his pretty well. Nobody knew his secret and he was damn sure no one ever would, unless his stupid puppy best friend spilled the beans.

                But the puppy was a well trained puppy. The puppy would never tell anyone. And the cat would never tell the puppy’s secret. That was decided five years ago. In Key’s and Jonghyun’s world, cats and puppies loved each other.

                Taemin was recounting what had happened, when Key picked out a word.

                “-crying, and I was eating fudge I got from the store. Oh, Eomma, you should have tasted it!”

                “Wait, Taemin. Who was crying?” Curiosity surrounded Key, and that’s why he always knew the latest gossip. He loved gossip, but he never really believed it because rumours weren’t always true and nor did they always make sense. He still loved it nonetheless.

                “Minho-hyung! Have you ever seen him cry?”

                Key was surprised. He didn’t show it. “No, I haven’t, Taeminnie. Baby, let’s talk about you. Are you okay? Why are you jealous of Minho?”

                Taemin looked at the ground. Unlike Minho, Key did notice the blush that swept his baby’s adorable cheeks. “I’m not jealous of Minho-hyung,”

                “Lee Taemin,” he began

                Before Key could start lecturing him, Taemin whispered. “I’m jealous of Onew-ssi…”

                Key processed this. “Aigoo, Taeminnie. Do you like Minho?”

                Taemin answered right away. “No! I don’t like Minho! I’m not like that!” He shook his head vehemently.

                Key could see right through the boy. He grinned internally.

                Playing cupid was going to be SOOOO much fun. 

---------------------------------------

Heheheh, now you all are wondering about Key's secret, right? ^^ Don't worry, you'll get a few hints soon. Kudos to whoever guesses it!