Chapter 16

For you in full bloom

Why did some chapters get deleted? :O luckily I have them saved on my computer ^^ 

---------------------------------

                Taemin spent hours deciding what outfit to wear. When Key asked why he was so worked up over finding a good outfit to impress Minho, Taemin simply dismissed it as “dressing up” for the restaurant. Minho, however, didn’t put much thought into his wardrobe. He threw on a plaid red shirt and some khaki shorts. When questioned by Onew where he was going, he simply responded “sushi.”

                Both boys were convinced this wasn’t a date, but one was completely sure and the other was trying to convince himself. Taemin finally decided on a blue faded sweater and black skinny jeans. He wrapped his neck in his favourite scarf and headed out to meet Minho one hour before the agreed time.

                One hour before the agreed time, Minho was playing checkers with Onew and gulping water. Onew’s water bill had gone up since Minho moved in. He didn’t mind, though. Minki sat in front of the television, watching his favourite show. He rolled over into his back when the doorbell rang. He ran to get it, but was easily beaten by Onew, who grinning down at the kid. Minki smiled, rolled his eyes and hid behind the couch so he could see who it was.

                “Hyung! There’s a girl here for you!” Minki screamed in English, popping out from behind the couch.

                Taemin smiled, not understanding the boy. Onew quickly invited him in and Taemin sat on the couch. Minki slid up beside him.

                “Hi!” He bubbled, facing Taemin.

                “Hi, Minki”

                “Noona—“

                “Yah! Minki, he’s your hyung! He’s a boy!” Minho ruffled his brother’s hair, suddenly appearing behind Taemin.

                Minki laughed. “Oh! I’m sorry hyung!”

                “Taemin-hyung, and say it in Korean. He doesn’t speak English.” Minho corrected.

                “Mianhe, Taemin-hyung!”


                Taemin noticed Minho’s Korean had totally improved. He didn’t sound hesitant anymore. Was this the result of living with Onew for a week? He fumed inside.

                Onew brought black tea out, and Taemin couldn’t resist drinking it while Minho got ready. He totally hadn’t expected Taemin to come early, and when Taemin did arrive, he was still in his pyjamas.

                “Taemin-ah, I’m ready” and he came down the hall, shoes in hand, smiling at Taemin.

                Taemin’s heart pounded, but he ignored it. “Let’s go, hyung. Bye Onew-ssi, bye Minki!”

                They exited the house. Out of habit, Minho turned left. “No, hyung, it’s to the right.”

                “Okay,”               

                Taemin did not expect it to be this awkward. Minho hardly said a word to him, and when he did, it was always one or two syllables. When Taemin asked him about his likes, Minho simply responded “Television”

                “Hyung, what’s your favourite colour?”

                “Blue.”

                “Ahhh… Mine is green. Like lime green. You know? It’s really pretty if you wear it right.”

                “Is it?”

                “What are your hobbies?”

                “Don’t have any”

                Taemin was getting frustrated; attempting to make conversation with Minho was not working. He tried everything. He asked questions. He told stories. He talked about himself. He couldn’t think of anything. Why was it so hard for Minho to talk to him? How had Onew got him to smile and laugh?

                He was so upset that he found himself crying. Right there, in front of Minho. At first, Minho didn’t notice, but when the boy fell silent, Minho looked up. Was it his fault Taemin was crying?

                “Taemin? Why are you crying?”

                Taemin looked up, shocked. Minho’s talking to me? “Hyung, why won’t you talk to me?”

                “I-I didn’t mean to…” his voice trailed off. Minho’d never made another person cry before. How could he make someone as innocent as Taemin cry? “I’m sorry, Taemin.”

                “Just talk to me, hyung!” Taemin demanded, throwing his chopsticks onto the table. “Why won’t you talk to me? You only talk to Onew-ssi!”

                Taemin was completely right. Minho did only talk to Onew. But what was he supposed to do? Onew had saved his life and Minho could repay him with his speech. “I’m sorry,”

                Angry, Taemin stood up and slammed his fists on the table. “Bye, Minho,”. With that, Taemin left. Minho hung his head, aware of all of the stares he was currently getting.

                What just happened?