Chapter 13

For you in full bloom

Hey everyone! It's me ^^ I just wanted to thank you all for loving my story so much. The idea for it came around when I read a memoir called A Child Called It. If you can, you should read it. 

But wow, almost 900 views and 32 subscribers in 5 days? Thank you guys soooo much ^^ And I love it when I get comments or suggestions. Try guessing at the member's secrets. We all know Minho's but what about Jjong's, Key's, Taeminnie's and Onew's? Have fun reading my story, and remember,

사랑해!!!!

---------------------------------------

                Onew had had enough. From the moment he’d first seen Minho, he wanted to protect him. Minho felt like a son to him. A son he had to protect from the world. A son who had been damaged and needed the love of a parent. The fact that someone was beating his “son” made him so incredibly angry that he had half a mind to go to the Choi’s house and beat him up. But he wouldn’t because he had more self control than that.  He took deep breaths with Minho. Both of them were calming down.

                “Hyung, please don’t tell anyone” Minho asked again.

                “Minho… If I tell someone, they can get you away from your father.”

                Minho looked suspicious. “Wouldn’t they take Minki away? What about Mom? Wouldn’t she be in trouble? I can’t take both of Minki’s parents away…”

                Onew sighed. “You both can live here. What if he starts hitting Minki? I promise everything will work out” Onew smiled

                Minho felt warm and buried his face on his hyung’s chest. “Okay, hyung” He mumbled.

                Onew got up and made Minho tea. The boy hadn’t eaten much since Onew found him, but he drank quite a lot. He’d had four glasses of juice, two of water and three cups of tea. Onew supposed it made up for the lack of nutrients he normally got.

                “Minho, if you’re going to stay here, you need to eat. Your father can’t see you anymore.”

                Minho looked uneasy. “What if he finds me? He’ll kill me!”

                Onew sighed. “I wanted to wait until tomorrow to report him… Let’s do it today? You’ll be safe to stay here if we do it today.”

                Minho was so scared. What if they didn’t believe him? What if his father denied it? He’d be sent back home and his father would kill him. Onew sensed this and bent down to Minho’s level. Like a real father would do to his son, he patted Minho’s head and spoke calmly.

                “Minho, I promise you that nothing bad will happen to you ever again. As long as you’re my friend, you’ll be okay. Okay?”

                Minho nodded, looking down at the carpet. He drank the tea Onew offered him. Since he didn’t have his own jacket, he borrowed one of Onew’s old ones and together they walked to the police department.

                They walked into the waiting room when Minho spotted him.

                “Hyung…” he whispered, shrinking behind Onew. “Hyung, it’s him.”

                Onew’s head whipped around, looking in the same direction, spotting the man instantly. He glared at him, mentally punching him over and over. “It’s okay, Minho. He’s probably reporting you as a runaway or something. But it’s okay, because I have you right beside me. He can’t do anything to you here. Sit down? I have to sign in”

                Minho shivered violently, truly terrified for his life. He knew his father could see him at any moment. “Hyung, don’t leave me”

                Onew’s blood boiled. This boy was terrified of his father. “Minho, if you come with me, he’ll see you right away. That’s alright since we’re in public, but he’ll know you’re here.”

                Minho didn’t want to leave Onew’s side. Like a child, he clung onto his hyung, slipping his finger through his belt loops, hiding as best as he could. He knew a normal sixteen year old wouldn’t act this way, but he wasn’t normal around his father.

                His worst fear was soon realised. He made eye contact with the monster. He braced himself for a punch and he was shocked speechless when his father ignored him.

                Onew saw this. “I told you everything would be okay, Minho. Let’s sit now.”

                Minho believed Onew. Everything is going to be okay.