Chapter 2

For you in full bloom

 

Here it is as promised!! Unfortunetly for all of us, I'm a college student and finals are coming up in three weeks, so I might not be able to post as often as I want to , but I'll try for two chapters a week. (Don't hate me!!) So here you are, chapter 2 of For You in Full Bloom (I stole the title from the original Japanese drama, by the way ^^)

The bell rang loudly, waking Minho out of his day dream. He just now realised that he’d no idea where his next class was and that he had been spaced out all of his chemistry class. He sighed and packed his things up, pulling the map out of his pocket once more.

                The teacher coughed. “Choi, do you know where you’re going?”

                Minho shook his head, pointing to the map. “PE next,” He stated.

                The teacher nodded understandingly, “It’s right over there. Actually,” he paused, his eyes locking on the only other student left in the room. “Kibum can show you where it is.”

                Kibum let a huge groan out, instantly about to complain. “Hey! Why do I have to show the new kid around? I have class, too!” His hands went to his hips and he stomped his foot.

                Minho opened his mouth and took a deep breath, about to utter the longest sentence he ever had in Korean. “I really can find my way there on my own, it’s okay. Or maybe I could ask someone else? It’s no problem, actually.” He ran his hands through his hair (he’d only cut it because it was the school rules) and waited for a reply.

                “If you think that’s best, Minho-ssi,” replied the teacher, frustrated with Kibum, although he was his star pupil.

                Kibum clapped and sprinted out of the classroom before any other request could be made of him.

                Minho bowed respectfully to the teacher and hurried out, too but now in search of the field on his map. He eventually found it, only arriving to the locker rooms right before the one minute warning bell sounded.  He quickly changed and, not knowing where to put his things, threw his bag into a random locker and ran out. Everyone was standing around chatting, and two boys were kicking a football around.

                The coach soon called everyone into formation and briefly introduced Minho. He didn’t see Jonghyun in the group and neither did he see Kibum, although he had a feeling Kibum wouldn’t really want to see him.

                PE went by rather boringly for Minho, especially because today was just a stretching day, and he would have really have enjoyed a game of football. Two more classes passed by until it was lunch. Minho didn’t mind being alone for lunch so as soon as he gathered his food, he sat down at an empty seat and began eating.

                “Froggy-yah!”

                Minho ignored it, not accustomed to the nickname and continued munching on his baby carrots.

                “Froggy!” He heard it again, and it clicked in his mind that this was a word that referred to him. His head snapped up and he looked around before spotting the half-blond puppy.

                Minho smiled when Jonghyun beckoned for him to sit with him. At the moment, only Jonghyun and other boy were seated at the table. The other boy was smaller, fragile looking and incredibly adorable. Minho immediately wanted to know his name, so he picked his tray up and sat across from his friend.

                “Is your name really Froggy?” the boy asked, genuinely curious.

                Jonghyun erupted in laughter, “No~, he’s Choi Minho. Minho, this is Taeminnie.”

                Minho smiled at Taeminnie, happy to know his name.

                “Ani, hyung, it’s Taemin! Tae-min!” argued Taemin, his face an indignant pout.

                “Okay, Taemin……nie”

                Taemin threw his hands into the air. Minho tried not to laugh, and he was pretty good at it.

                “You’re in my seat,” a voice boomed behind him.

                Startled, Minho turned quickly in his chair looking up to see Kibum’s scowl. He immediately scooted over, allowing Kibum ample room.

                “Ah, Minho, this is Key.” Jonghyun informed him.

                “I thought he’s Kibum?” Minho inquired.

                “Hey! He said my name is Key, so it’s Key!” Key shouted. Minho closed his mouth and looked down. He hadn’t really expected school to be like this. But he knew there was no choice but to accept that he lived in Korea now, no matter how much he wanted to go back to England.

                The boys ate, Taemin, Jonghyun and Key making conversation between them, but Minho made no attempt at responding to anything unless it was directly asked of him. He’d learnt that keeping his mouth shut made things a lot easier.

                The bell rang and Minho said goodbye to his seatmates before dashing to the bathroom, he leaned over the toilet, shoved his finger down his throat and vomited his meal violently into the toilet.

                He panted for a second, spitting the last bit before he heard a knock at the bathroom stall. He froze.

                “Minho-hyung?”

                It was Taemin.