Chapter 28

For you in full bloom

Here, my lovelies! I'm soooo sorry for making you wait so long huhuhu please forgive me? But look, I have six As and one B. Good marks!!

enough about me¬.¬ Here you go!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

                He shuffled into the room, dragging his heavy feet. He felt as though each of his legs weighed one hundred tons, although he knew it was impossible. Although he had grown tired of his wretched life, he had no remorse for what he had done. Instead of begging the Almighty for forgiveness, he envisioned more ways to satisfy his craving. If only he could break free of his chains, he would go back for revenge.

                His dreams consisted of visions of him wrapping his hands around that fragile neck, snapping the spine in half. He wanted to not only injure Minho, but he wanted to kill him. Kill him in cold blood, breaking every bone in his body. As the cell door slammed shut, he imagined his son’s windpipe shutting.

               Laughing scornfully, Choi Minsoo crawled into his bed and fell into a blissful sleep, imagining a world without Minho.

----------------------------------------------

                Minho had walked casually to school, somehow no longer afraid of anything. After his outburst last night, he realised he was emotionally unstable and somehow, just knowing his own weaknesses, he felt empowered.

                He reached school and immediately waited by the gate for the others to show up. Minho wanted to try again, to be less cold towards Taemin, to apologise to Key, to become good friends with Jonghyun. He felt that, inside, he needed the love of friends in addition to the love of family. He spotted the oldest of the three first, and feeling spontaneous, he jogged up to Jonghyun.

                “Hey, Minho!” Jonghyun greeted, waving from a few feet away. Minho waved back, slowing to a walk.

                “Hi, hyung. How was your weekend?”

                Jonghyun shrugged. “S’okay. I didn’t really do much.” He turned to face Minho directly. “Is Key here yet?”

                Minho shook his head and searched the crowd. “I don’t see him yet. Him and Taemin always come a little later, anyhow.”

                Jonghyun agreed. The two boys chatted for a while before Minho spotted Key and Taemin walking to school, hand in hand.

                Minho always questioned the relationship between Key and Taemin. Did Taemin like Key? He found that to be a little upsetting because Taemin referred to the older as his mother. Did Taemin have a mother?

                “Taemin-ah!” Jonghyun greeted once he was hugged by the maknae. He ruffled Taemin’s hair.

                “Hey, uh, Key?” Minho began, scratching the back of his head.

                Key eyed him dubiously. He took a step backward when Minho made eye contact. Had Minho scared the Almighty Key?

                “I… I wanted to say sorry…. I didn’t mean what happened.” Minho bowed deeply, not noticing Key’s sceptical look.

                Key ran his hand through his hair. “It’s alright, I guess.”

                Before Minho had a chance to respond, the bell rang. Jonghyun and Key took off, leaving Minho and Taemin alone.

                As they walked to their classes, Taemin confidentially started an idle conversation about a new singer who had debuted over the weekend. Minho wasn’t really interested in music, considering his past and that he had been preoccupied with other things.

                “Hey, Taemin—“ Minho interrupted, grabbing on to the younger’s upper arm.

                Taemin shuffled back uncomfortably. He’d been told about the incident over the weekend.

                “Do you want to… Do you want to come to the sushi restaurant with me again? I’ll pay for everything this time” Minho let his voice trail off, unsure of what Taemin was going to say.

                “Is this a date, hyung?”

                It was Minho’s turn for his face to burn red. He hesitated slightly before shaking his head.

                “Okay, hyung. I’ll go.” Taemin beamed, a slight blush beginning to creep over his pale cheeks.

                Again, the bell interrupted the moment and both boys ran to their classrooms while screaming a hurried. “Bye!”