Chapter 20

For you in full bloom

Just a little insight into baby Tae's life ^^ I know it's shorthuhuhu

------------------------------

 

                Taemin was back home, examining himself in the mirror. He was completely flat, no prominent muscles. He scowled at himself. He wanted to look manlier, but dancing didn’t really help create muscles. Upon asking his brother for help, he had laughed and told Taemin to eat his peas and drink his milk, which Taemin did.

                He didn’t see any improvement, though. Turning around, he pulled his shirt back down and stretched. His father supported his dancing, as long as it remained a hobby and didn’t interfere with his school work. His mother disapproved of it. She claimed dancing was for a woman and what with Taemin, not really looking like a man… it would confuse people. Taemin’s dad won the argument, and he dedicated a whole room to be Taemin’s dance studio.

                That was where Taemin stood right now. He stood up and walked over to the radio. He stood, nodding as the beat started. Suddenly, he began twisting to the music, bending in ways no one thought was possible for the small fifteen year old. His chest caved in and out as he caught his breath, standing in the ending pose.

                He blew his hair out of his face when he heard saw his brother beckon him to the staircase. Taemin followed, curious.

                “They’re arguing again.” His brother informed him.

                “About what, hyung?” He whispered.

                “Probably you. You left the dance paper on the table. Mom found it.” Taemin sulked at this. “Don’t worry, Taem. Although you could just stop dancing and it would be better. Do a real sport!”

                Taemin stomped his foot. “Dancing is a real sport, hyung!” He frowned. “I bet you couldn’t do it.”

                His brother chuckled softly. “Just try being a guy for once. It’s bad enough that you act like a baby…”

                Taemin stormed off into his room, slamming the door behind him. “Stupid hyung!  He’s a stupid, stupid, stupid hyung! Dancing is a sport! It’s for boys too!”

                He heard his mother’s shouts overpower his father’s.

                Taemin buried his face in his pillow and cried. He couldn’t have Minho and he couldn’t have dancing. Why was everything that Taemin liked being taken away from him?