Chapter 24

For you in full bloom

 I honestly didn't plan for Onew to be in love with Minho's mother ^^" It just sort of happened :P Onew was 25 years old when Minho's mother left him, ten years ago. Thanks for reading and all of the sarangs,

Drg-lee ^^

---------------------------

Onew collected himself in time to shove the letter in the box and throw the box onto his bed.

                “Hyung?” Minho knocked at Onew’s door as the older stood up and opened the door.

                “Yes? Did you have a good time?” He asked, cocking his head to the left.

                Minho smiled. “Yeah, I did. You should come with us the next time. Minki and I missed you,”

                Onew nodded. “Of course I will!” His stomach growled. “Now how about some dinner?”

                Minho nodded and laughed as Minki stuck his head in the doorway. “Chicken, hyung?!” Minki asked, jumping.

                “But, of course!”

                Minki giggled, running to the kitchen to prepare ingredients for dinner. He liked cooking with his hyung a lot. Minki wanted to cook more, but Minho used to cook every meal for him until they moved. Minki really liked that, especially because he thought Onew cooked better, and when Onew cooked, Minho ate the food.

                He’d noticed that his brother never really ate anything, but Minki didn’t know why. He just thought Minho wasn’t hungry. But now, since Onew’s food was delicious, Minho was eating more. So Minki wanted to keep cooking with Onew-hyung because Minho was more fun when he ate.

                “Hyung~,” Minki whined as Onew lifted him out of the way. “You could have just asked me to move!”

                Onew laughed whole-heartedly. “But would you really have moved?”

                Minki pouted cutely while Onew messed his hair up. He pouted until he got bored and then he climbed on top of the counter so he could reach the spices. He pulled pepper, salt and other spices and herbs down.

                Onew was going to teach him how to make chicken today. It took an hour for the food to be seasoned and cooked, and by the time it was done, Minho was practically drooling in his seat.

                Onew smiled at him, and Minho beamed back. Onew never grew tired of Minho’s smiles or Minki’s giggles. He didn’t know why, but he loved them as though they were his own children, even though he was positive none of them were. Was it the bond between Katherine Choi and Lee Jinki that made him love Choi Minho so much? Was it the bond between Choi Minho and Choi Minki that made him love Minki so?

                He set the food down and watched the two younger boys pile their plates with potatoes, corn, chicken and salad. “You guys are so cute,” He suddenly stated, earning a stare from Minho.

                “Uh, why?” Minho asked, his right eyebrow raised.

                “You just are,” Onew responded, ruffling Minho’s hair. The latter scowled at the older man and took a large bite of chicken.

                All was well in the Lee-Choi household. It was interesting to Onew how two months had passed and how comfortable they all had become with each other. Minki, who was spiteful at first, grew to love Onew and mimic him constantly. Minho, who only ate when Onew was watching him, now ate snacks while watching television between meals. Onew felt like a proud father of these boys and it didn’t even come to him that if he had met Minho’s mother six years earlier, he would have been Minho’s real father.

                Night soon fell and the three of them decided to sleep in sleeping bags in the living room, watching cartoons until fatigue overcame them. On the couch, Minki fell asleep first. He quietly dreamt about a chocolate river and graham cracker rafts. Soon after, Minho slept next to Onew, who observed him carefully. Now that he looked, Minho resembled his mother greatly. He had high cheekbones, double lidded eyes and a strong brow ridge. He did resemble a Korean, and he did look English.

                Onew sighed. It was like looking at Katherine herself. In all honestly, Onew had looked after Minho every day since his mother left him.  He had flown to England and watched him grow up from a bubbly little six year old, to a calm ten year old, and to a silent fourteen year old. He remembered the brief period of two years where he would occasionally see the eight-year old Minho’s smile. He remembered sometimes seeing tears fall from his eyes when he was fifteen. As soon as Onew found that Minho’s family was moving to Korea, Onew arrived two weeks before them.

                He wasn’t a stalker. He was keeping a promise he made. He would do anything for Katherine. He was there when her son was going to jump off of that bridge. He saved him for her. Onew thought that maybe, if he watched over Minho enough, that Katherine might come back to him, although he knew that wasn’t possible.

                He kissed Minho’s cheek and Minki’s hand, and fell asleep beside the boy who could have been his son.