Chapter 15

For you in full bloom

I have noooo idea how many chapters this story is going to be ^^ I hope you all like long stories! Here's a two-scene chapter for you all!

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

                It was Sunday afternoon when Key arrived at Jonghyun’s house, his bag in hand. Jonghyun greeted him rather politely and Key raised an eyebrow at him.

                “Since when are you polite, Jjong?” He smiled lazily, poking his boyfriend’s chest. He took his shoes off and strolled into Jonghyun’s living room.

                Jonghyun shrugged, following Key. “So, what did you want to talk about?” He asked, plopping down on the worn couch.

                “Taemin. I want to talk about Taemin.”

                Jonghyun mentally groaned. If all Taemin ever talked about was Minho, all Key ever talked about was Taemin. “Go on,”

                “Jjongie, he’s changing. Back the other day, when he was crying, he was jealous of Minho’s friend. When I asked him if he liked Minho, he totally denied it.”

                Jonghyun nodded. “Well, even if he is gay, which he might not be, he probably doesn’t want to admit it. He’s only fifteen, Key. Imagine what his parents would do.”

                Key thought about it a little. He didn’t know Taemin’s parents very well, but they had very high expectations for their son. No parent really expects their son to be gay and it’s usually a disappointment. It’d disappointed his parents. Jonghyun’s parents were actually accepting of it, but maybe it’s because Jonghyun had consistently told them he liked boys at age five. They’d had time to digest it.

                Key had just sprung it upon his parents during an argument. He’d planned to tell them after high school, but he’d screamed it shamelessly when he was sixteen. One year ago…

                Jonghyun patted Key’s back. “Seriously, don’t worry though. He’ll tell you eventually. In the meantime, let him know that we love him anyway. If he likes Minho, help him to realise it.”

                Key agreed, leaning onto Jonghyun.

                --------------------------------------

                Taemin scrolled his phone down to Minho’s name. Should he text him? Maybe Minho would take it as a friendly gesture. Sure, that’s all Minho could take it as. He never really noticed Taemin, just knowing he was the cute maknae of the lunch table.

                To: Minho-hyung

                                Hi hyung~ It’s Taemin

                It took a few minutes for Minho to reply to Taemin and each passing minute made the maknae wish he hadn’t sent the message.

                To: Unknown number

                                Hey. How goes life?

                Taemin almost giggled aloud, smiling so widely that he was afraid his lips would split.

                To: Minho-hyung

                                Its good :)what are you up to?

                To: Unknown number

                                I am watching tv.

                To: Minho-hyung

                                Can we hang out sometime? I want to take you to a sushi place

                To: Unknown number

                                Sure. Any time is ok!

                Taemin just realised what he did. Did he ask Minho on a date? No, because he didn’t like Minho. He just wanted to hang out with Minho. He wanted to chat. He wanted to give Minho a tour of Korea. He was pretty sure if he moved to England, he’d want a tour of fun places too. That’s how he justified it.

                It was just a tour. But why were there butterflies in his stomach?