Eight Candy

Annyeong Kim Jongdae!

 

                 It’s almost 8.00 pm but still Minki hasn’t arrived yet. So I started clean up the place since there were no more customers. I swept the floor and washed all the dishes. As I was arranging the plates and cups back into the cupboard in the kitchen then suddenly I heard the door opened.

 

                “There you are. I put all the books and papers on the table near the counter over there.” I spoke without even looking at him. I continued to arrange all the plates until I finished.

 

                As I step outside the kitchen, I froze.

 

                WHAT THE HELL IS JONGDAE DOING IN HERE?!

 

                “Sorry. Are you closing?”  

 

                HE LOOKED AT ME.

 

                “Hey, you’re alright?”

 

                HE TALKED TO ME.

 

                “You’re not going to pass out again aren’t you?”

 

                PASS OUT? Maybe.

 

                “Yes….. oh, No! no, I mean no.”

 

                What is wrong with me? Gosh!

 

                “Are you closing?”

 

                “Erm….Yes… no! No! We’re not closing yet. Why?”

 

                I’m so nervous. Oh God, help me!

 

                “Well, actually Minki told me this afternoon to come here at 8.00 pm because he said that he wanted my help about some history assignment. So, that’s why I came. But when I look around it looks like you’re about to close the café. I tried to call him but I can’t reach him. So I was wondering if maybe you know where he is since you’re close to him right?”

 

                Minki, I knew what you’re up too! I’m going to throw you over the cliff tomorrow. Trust me!

 

                “Well, let me call him first okay? You can sit anywhere you want. Should I get you anything? Coffee? Tea? Juice?” wow, I’m not stuttering anymore. God really helped me!

 

                “No, it’s okay. I didn’t brought my wallet anyway.” He gave me another innocent smile.

 

                “It’s okay. Let me bring you some apple juice. My treat.”

 

                “Hey, that’s my favorite. How did you know? Thanks.”

 

                Of course I knew that was his favorite drink! I’ve been watching him for the past four months. Ok, now I looked like a stalker.

 

                “No problem.” I smiled back at him.

 

                I quickly headed back to the kitchen and made him a glass of apple juice.

 

                Minki, you’re a dead meat tomorrow. I swear!

 

                Then I reached my cell phone and dialed Minki’s number.

 

                “Hey babe!” Minki answered.

 

                “Don’t you ‘babe’ me Minki! Can you explain to me what are you trying to do right now?!”

 

                “Helping you of course! You and Jongdae. Alone in the café. Nobody’s around.” I could hear he gigled.

 

                “Are you out of your mind?! Where are you?”

 

                “At the park with my girlfriend. Oh yeah, with Jungshin hyung and Haera noona too.”

 

                “WHAT?!”

 

                You people, just great!

 

                “Hi pumpkin!” it’s Jungshin oppa’s voice.

 

                “Oppa! You purposely left me alone aren’t you?!”

 

                “Hey, relax. We’re trying to help you too okay. Talk to him. Be brave! Haera and I will always cheer for you!”

 

                “Yeah right. I wanna talk to Minki again.”

 

                “Ok. Goodluck! We love ya!”

 

                “Minki’s here!”

 

                “Hey douchebag! What should I explain to him why you’re not here?”

 

                “Hey, I’ve got a name okay. Well, I don’t know. Just tell him the truth if you like.”

 

                “Are you insane? Damn it Minki!”

 

                “I’m just kidding. Chill out. Just tell him that I’ll be there in a while. Then you start a conversation with him. This is the time that you get to know him more. Ask some personal questions or anything that you wanna know about him. Chat with him until he realizes that it’s been too long. Then you pretend that I texted you to tell him that I could not be there. Simple.”

 

                “What? Simple? I cannot see anything simple in what you told me just now. How do you expect me to talk to him leisurely?”

 

                “Be brave girlfriend! Come on! Don’t be so lame. Ask him out.”

 

                “You’re crazy.”

 

                “Crazy is better than lame you know.”

 

                “Whatever Minki. I’m hanging up.”

 

                “Ok babe, goodluck! Text me later okay about what happen with you and him.”

 

                “You’re dead tomorrow. I swear.”

 

                “Oooo~ I’m scared.”

 

                “Shut up.”

 

                I ended the call. Minki, Jungshin oppa and Haera unnie just made an alliance behind my back. What was he thinking? He just got back this morning and suddenly he already had a plan to set me up with Jongdae. Excited Minki IS CREEPY.  

 

*******************