Twenty-fifth Candy

Annyeong Kim Jongdae!

 

                 Prof. Sung’s lecture ended exactly at 12.00 pm. I quickly stuffed my books into my bag and get off from the chair. There was only one thing in my mind. Call Minki. I was just about to climb down the stairs when I suddenly heard someone whining behind me.

 

                “Hey, slow down!”

 

                It was Jongdae. Clumsily putting his spectacles into its case, throwing his book and everything else into his bag pack and quickly slipped it on his shoulder.

 

                Gosh! Silly me! Did I just forget that I had a boyfriend just now?

 

                I chuckled. “Sorry. Minki usually a lot faster than me so it was usually ends up he’s the one that’s waiting for me outside.”

 

                “So, no more class after this right? Let’s grab something to eat. It’s already lunch hour.” Jongdae spoke as we walked outside the hall.

 

                “Well, I need to make a call to Minki. So I guess you go first. I’ll catch up with you later ok? Bye!”

 

                “But I—“

 

                I quickly ran to the nearest parking lot leaving Jongdae behind. The coverage at my college wasn’t so good except at the parking lots. So I have to go there if I wanted to make a call. I took out my cellphone from my pocket and started searching for a perfect spot.

 

                 Got it! The signal was good at this area so I quickly dialed Minki’s number. The call connected, but it took a few rang before someone finally answered it. It was a female’s voice.

 

                “Hello.” The female voice sounded like she’s older than me. One of his relatives probably.

 

                “Hello. Sorry, but can I talk to Minki?” I tried to sound as polite as I could.

 

                “Owh, Minki’s not here. He went to the hospital but he left his cellphone at home. You want me to pass any message to him?” she asked.

 

                “Well…erm…just tell him to text me if he’s fine. Yeah. That’s all. Thank you.”

 

                “And you are….his girlfriend?”

 

                “No! No, I’m his best friend from college.”

 

                “Ok. I’ll give him the message when he got home.”

 

                “Thank you.”

 

                “You’re welcome.”

 

                I ended the call and tossed my cellphone back into my pocket. I sighed. I didn’t get the chance to talk to Minki. Maybe I should try again later. I quickly walked back to the place where I parked my scooter this morning. I put on my helmet, started the engine and rode back to the café.

 

                Literally I had forgotten about someone who was waiting to grab a bite with me. Jongdae.

 

************

 

                Jongdae leaned his body against the glass pillar in front of the cafeteria. He glanced at a group of female students as they were approaching his way hoping that she would be among them. But still, no sign of her. He had waited her there for almost half an hour. His stomach had growled countless time since he didn’t take his breakfast this morning. The smell of omrice, ddukbokki and kimchi bokkeumbap that came from the cafeteria just made his mouth watered more than usual.

 

                Where is she? Is she gonna let me starve to death here?

 

                Jongdae kicked the pebbles on the floor near him. Just to distract himself from the killing hunger. Then he took out his cellphone but it was useless since they were no coverage there. He sighed. The cafeteria was now packed with students that were trying to fill up their empty stomach just like him. He knew sooner or later the kitchen will be run out of food and he didn’t like to think about it. He just hoped that she came here fast.

 

***************

 

                “Hey, what’s wrong? You don’t look okay.” Haera unnie asked as I walked into the café.

 

                “Nothing.”

 

                “You’re still worried about Minki?”

 

                “Yeah. I tried to call him just now. But he went to the hospital and forgot to bring his cellphone so I end up talking to his aunt I guess.”

 

                “Well, I think you should just give him a day or two to calm down. Maybe he isn’t ready yet. You know, the feeling of losing someone you love is not easy to overcome.” Haera unnie patted my back.

 

                “I know.”

 

                I sighed. Haera unnie was right of course. Maybe I should give him some time to calm himself up. But still, I was worried about him every second. Does he eat well? Does he get a good sleep? Is he okay? Minki had been upset a few times in front of me. When he fought with his girlfriend, when he get a low marks in his tests or quizzes, when he tried to get his favorite red velvet cupcakes at the Mr. Baker’s Bakery but it was sold out, so many times. But he never even once, cried. Last night was the first time and that’s what made me worried so much.

 

                “Have you taken your lunch?” Suddenly Haera unnie asked.

 

                “No. Don’t really have the appetite.” I shook my head.

 

                “Oh, really? But I saved some spaghetti for you and Jongdae. Where is he anyway? You’re not with him?”

 

                Jongdae?

 

               OH MY GOODNESS.

 

               JONGDAE!

 

                “Oh God!”

 

                “What’s wrong?!”

 

                “Jongdae’s waiting for me at the cafeteria!”

 

                I ran to my scooter as fast as I could and rode it back to the college. How can I be so forgetful about him?! Screw yourself for being so stupid! It’s the second time today that I completely forget that Jongdae is my boyfriend now! What is wrong with me?!

 

************** 

* Hey~ hey~ hey~ hihihi. i read everyone's comment and im so happy! thanks a lot for all the supportive comments. you guys dont have any idea how much it means to me! i was so touched. thanks a lot! *90 degree bow* i was glad u like this humble fanfic that much. i still don't know that my decision to continue this story is a good idea or not, but i hope it'll be good. pulling jealous Jongdae into the story seems interesting to me so thats why i created it. hope u'll like it too! hihi~ ok, thats all. please looking forward to the next chap! =) *