Fifth Candy

Annyeong Kim Jongdae!

 

                “Oh my, is she gonna be alright?”

 

                “Yeah, I think she’s fine. Just give her some space.”

 

                My vision was kinda blur, so I can’t see whose talking. I only heard people spoke but my mind can’t seem to detect who it is. But I know that people were swarming around me.

 

                “I think she should be taken to the clinic. Maybe she’s not feeling well.”

 

                That voice.

 

                It’s Jongdae’s.

 

                I think I just remembered what happened. Damn this is embarrassing!

 

                “No, I don’t think so. She just needs some fresh air. Come on honey, let’s take her upstairs.”

 

                Haera unnie just saved my day!

 

               I could feel Jungshin oppa grabbed my body and lifted me up. Actually, I’ve already gained my conscious, but since it was too embarrassing, so I just pretended like I still passed out.

 

                “Ok pumpkin, you can cut the acting now. I know you’re awake.” Jungshin oppa spoke as we reached the second floor.

 

                “Really? Nobody’s around?” I asked him, but still, my eyes closed.

 

                “Yes. You can open your eyes now.” Jungshin oppa put me down and I quickly stood up.

 

                “What happened? You freaked us out!” Heara unnie grabbed my shoulder.

 

                “I don’t know! Seriously!”

 

                “Ok, you two can continue with the drama, but I’m going downstairs.” Jungshin oppa left.

 

                “Did you passed out because you are so nervous or what?” Hera unnie continued.

 

                “Maybe I guess.”

 

                “Looks like you’re even now.”

 

                “Meaning?”

 

                “Well, Jongdae ripped his pants in front of you, you passed out in front of him. That makes both of you even.” Haera unnie laughed at me.

 

                Very funny unnie. Thanks a lot. Duh.

 

                “Don’t laugh! I’m so embarrassed right now. All of his friends were there.”  I pouted my lips.

 

                “Jongdae won’t know the reason why you passed out. Don’t worry.” Haera unnie patted my back.

 

                “I’m going back downstairs. You can stay if you want. Or maybe you wanna come down too?” Hera unnie smirked.

 

                “No way!”

 

                Hell no I’m going back downstairs after what happened. I should’ve just buried myself at the backyard right now. Gosh! How will I face him tomorrow? Help me! 

 

*************************** 

 

                Jongdae threw his body on the couch and sighed. What a tiring day. He closed his eyes for a while, hoping that the fatigue would go away. Suddenly he remembered what happened this afternoon. He chuckled. He could not forget the look on her face when he greeted her and smiled before she passed out.

 

                He thought that it was supposed to be him that felt nervous after yesterday’s incident but it looks like she’s more nervous than him. Jongdae chuckled again. But it was a good thing. At least now they’re even. He does not have to feel embarrassed all by himself after this.

 

                Jongdae stood up and walked over to the toilet. Then he took a quick shower, dressed and quickly settled himself on the table and begun doing his assignments. While flipping the pages of his history textbook, his eyes caught the glimpse of a silver ring right underneath his table lamp. He closed the book and picked up the ring. He stared at it for a while.

 

                It’s already been 4 months since the last time someone wore the ring.

 

                Jongdae opened the drawer of the table and took out a small jewelry box. He opened the box and put the ring inside it. Then he returned the small box into its original place and closed the drawer. He sighed heavily and opened his history textbook again.

 

*******************