Second Candy

Annyeong Kim Jongdae!

 

                Luckily the lecture hasn't started yet when I arrived. So I quickly took my seat on the third row and opened my book. Hope I do not fall asleep like yesterday. Professor Sung came a few minutes later and quickly start off his lecture since he was already a bit late when he came. As everyone was focusing on the lecture, suddenly the door swung opened until it hit the wall of the hall, creating a loud bang and surprising everyone in the hall.

 

                Since the door of the lecture hall is located on the front of the hall, so everyone was looking at the door as a person stepped into the hall. He was panting. Probably because he was running before he came. I can saw his white t-shirt drenched in sweat under his grey cardigan. He bowed to Professor Sung and apologized for few times before he took his seat on the front row. Realizing that he was sweating a lot, he took out a handkerchief for his back pack and quickly wiped off the sweat from his face. Then he took out his book and put on his spectacles. He spoke something to the guy besides him, probably asking which page he should turn on. After the guy spoke to him back, he quickly opened his book and at the same time took out a pencil that has a Pororo sticker on it from his green pencil case.

 

                That is Kim Jong Dae. A guy that always interrupt my focus on class since the beginning of this semester. He was a new student. Got transferred from Jeju College if I’m not mistaken. Since he first stepped into the class a few months ago, I can't help but glance at him every ten seconds. It’s not that because he was a cutie like Song Joong Ki or a hunk like Taecyeon or a hottie like Gong Yoo and stuffs but maybe his innocence that captivated me. Honestly, I don’t even know if innocence was the right term to use. Let just assume that I’ve got interest in him.

 

                Although it's been months since he came, but I never talk to him even once. Never. I don't know why, but I got nervous every time he is less than five meters from me. So yeah, avoiding him will probably give me much more comfort. I always thought that he does not even realize that I existed, so that was why Haera unnie told me to greet him first but no way that will never happen. If I greet him then what? What am I going to do after I greet him? Starts a conversation with him? No. I'll probably be nervous like hell. Walk away? No. Then he'll think that I’m a weirdo. Smile at him? No. I'm afraid that he might think that I’m a ert or something. So, no. No greet. Maybe watching him from far away like that would be better. But what I did not know was what will happen that day was a start for an interesting episode in my so called boring life.

 

********************

 

                I'm so glad that Professor Sung finished the lecture exactly at 5.00 pm. So at least I can quickly go back to the cafe and help Haera unni and Jungshin oppa until they close the cafe at 8.30 pm. Professor Sung walked out of the hall after everyone bowed to him. Then I quickly packed all my stuffs and threw it into my bag. As I was walking down the stairs, I noticed that Jongdae was just standing up and getting ready to walk out of the hall too.

 

                Then I noticed something. Something that made me wonder at that time why it was me and not someone else that noticed it? Why?! I could feel that my veins underneath my skin were ventilating because suddenly my face turned red and I could feel the heat all over it. Oh God. This is not good. Really not good. How many times in your life have you ever you saw a guy's pants ripped in front of you? And to make it worst, he did not even realize it? And more worst, when he is KIM JONG DAE! Let me tell you, me, ZERO. But I think that number would probably change that day.

 

                I was thinking should I just yell at him, "Hey Jongdae! You ripped your pants dude!" or maybe I should tell someone to tell him that he ripped his pants, or maybe I just walked away and pretended that I did not see what happened. Seriously, I don’t know what to do! I can't tell him that he ripped his pants, he would probably be embarrassed. I can't tell other people, because then more people will know this embarrassing incident and I can't just walk away and pretend like I didn't see it because it is so irresponsible.

 

                 Suddenly, I remembered a box of pins inside my bag. And I immediately got an idea. So I quickly took it out of my bag and walked down the stairs as fast as I could. As I walked pass him, I did not know where I got the guts to take his left hand and put the small box of pins onto his palm. I did not glance at his face at all. So I did not know if he looks dumbfounded or puzzled when I handed over the pins. Before he could say anything, I rushed out of the hall as fast as I could without looking back. I quickly ran to my scooter and rode it back to the cafe. In my mind, I did not know whether I should laugh or I should be embarrassed of what just happened. So yeah, I laughed. My first interaction with Jongdae was handing over a box of pins to him because he ripped his pants. Just great. 

 

****************************