Thirty-third Candy

Annyeong Kim Jongdae!

 

- RE-UPLOADING THE LAST TEN CHAPTERS BACK -  

 

                I didn’t park my scooter at my usual spot that morning, instead; I parked it far away from the faculty. I still didn’t have the mood to talk to anyone so I walked straight to the hall without even glancing anywhere. I just hope I didn’t bump to Minki or worst Jongdae. I quickly climbed to the last row of seats when I arrived at the hall. Glad there still weren’t too many people around yet. I didn’t know if Jongdae has arrived but I’m pretty sure Minki has not since it’s still early. I took out my book and my pencil case as I took my seat and quickly pretended like I was too focus reading my book, ignoring anyone who came to seat next to me or anywhere around me.

 

                Today’s lecture must be a very boring one since it was one of my least favorite elective subjects this year, Social Etiquette. Usually, I’ll skip this Wednesday morning lecture but since I had skipped too many classes before so my credit hours were not really cogent for me to graduate spectacularly this year so I have to attend it today. Besides, like Jungshin oppa said, I need to show Jongdae that he’s wrong for leaving me. So I braced myself today and came to this nonsenses class.

 

                Suddenly the door burst opened and a group of boys walked in. They’re kinda annoying me since they’re too boisterous. Laughing and chatting loudly like they’re the only one in the hall right now. Urgh. Annoying. I lifted my face up to glance at those morons but after I did that, my heart ached more. Jongdae was one of them. And he looked, very, extremely, absolutely happy like nothing ever happened two days ago. I cursed myself for looking at them just now. I shouldn’t have done that.

 

                Dr. Jang walked into the hall a few seconds later and started his lecture right away. I was so glad that Minki didn’t come to class. It wasn’t because I hated him already, but I think Jongdae had given me enough mental breakdowns today so at least I don’t have to deal with another one.

 

                “Ok guys. Today, we’re gonna be learning a very interesting chapter. Which I think it suits perfectly for people at your age right now. Congruity In A Relationship.”

 

                I could hear everyone in the hall wooing. Why it should be THAT chapter that we’re gonna learn today? I looked at Jongdae who were sitting with his friends on the first row. Even he himself was smiling happily too.

 

                “Ok, stop it. I know all of you are pretty excited with this chapter.”

 

                “YES!”

 

                The hell. I’m not.

 

                “Well, if you look at the introduction in the book, it stated that we’re going to learn about all kinds of relationship, between us and our family, between our friends, between our co-workers—“

 

                “Between us and our lover!” a plump guy beside me suddenly yelled.

 

                Now everyone was looking at our direction and I knew Jongdae too. Damn it!

 

                “I was just about to say that! Thank you Donghwa.” Dr. Jang gave him a thumb up and the plump guy looked very proud of himself.

 

                “Since I don’t like the idea of most of you to fall asleep in my class AS USUAL, so I want to start this chapter with like what Donghwa mentioned just now, congruity in a relationship between you and your lover.”

 

                “YEAY!!” the whole class was cheering hysterically.

 

                Urgh.

 

                “So, before I begin, does anyone in here want to give their opinion about the topic? Or maybe it’ll be more interesting if you can share your experience I guess?”

 

                Suddenly the whole class turned silent. Everybody was avoiding an eye contact with Dr. Jang.

 

                “Anyone? I’m waiting.” Dr. Jang continued to increase the tension.

 

                “Well, our class has a new couple this month.”

 

                Oh no.

 

                “Her.”

 

                I lifted my head and I saw Donghwa’s finger was pointing directly at ME!

 

                Damn it. Damn it.

 

                “Oh, really? May I know who’s the lucky guy?” Dr. Jang smiled at me.

 

                I could feel 56 pair of eyes was looking at me right now and in between those 56 pairs, one of it belongs to the lucky guy who was so stupid to leave me, Jongdae.

 

                “Erm….well…”

 

                How can I answer that?! Jongdae’s here! And he knew that we’re already breaking up. I bet his friends must’ve known it too! I can’t just say, “It’s Jongdae. But we just broke up two days ago.” That would make me look so pathetic and desperate!

 

                I didn’t know where I got the guts to look at Jongdae’s eyes. I stared at him. He looked back at me expressionless. But then I looked down at my book again and sighed. What was I thinking? Hoping him to help me? I knew he won’t help me. I’m nothing to him. Why I even bother to hope? I am pathetic after all.

 

                “It’s me Dr. Jang!”

 

                I lifted my face again. It’s Jongdae!

 

                “But I just dumped her two days ago.” he answered calmly.

 

                Then the whole class burst into laugh.

 

                I froze. I didn’t know how to react. I didn’t know that I didn’t mean anything for him at all. He could easily spill those words like it mean nothing for him. Jongdae, I didn’t know that you’re that cruel. I was so stupid for loving you. What did I do to you that made you so different than who you are a week ago? I hate you Jongdae. I really do. I’m gonna hate you for the rest of my life. I swear.

 

                Dr. Jang looked at me with a guilty expression. The whole class was still laughing. And I knew they were laughing at me, not Jongdae. I choked. I knew I’ll cry in any second.

 

                I couldn’t stay. I wanna get out of here. I don’t wanna cry in front of these people, especially not in front of Jongdae. This was too much for me to take. I quickly grabbed my bag, stood up, climbed down the stairs and left the hall. As I walked out of the hall, I saw Jongdae frowned and tried to say something to me. But it’s too late Jongdae. You’ve done enough.