Sixth Candy

Annyeong Kim Jongdae!

 

*for those who have already read chapter 5 today, maybe you should read it again because i just add a few more paragraphs just now and it is one of the most important part in the story. so you might need to read it again. just the lower part. not from the beginning. sorry. hihi.*

 

                 I wore an all-black outfit to class today. Black jeans, black top, and black jacket. This is what they called camouflage. I was trying so hard to avoid any attention for the whole day. Although just a few of my hall mates were at the café during yesterday’s incident but still, I felt like I should be avoiding everyone. Still could not get over with the embarrassment.

 

                “Hey! Did someone just died or what?”

 

                Suddenly I felt a slap just landed on my back.

 

                “Ow!” I shrieked and turned around.

 

                “Minki-ah! When did you got back?” I slapped him back. Payback time.

 

                “Ow! Hey, did you work out while I’m gone? Cause your slap is much stronger than the last time.”

 

                “Why didn’t you tell me that you’re coming back today?” I ignored his stupid question.

 

                “Just wanted to surprise you. Did you miss me?” Minki raised his eyebrows.

 

                “Not even once.” I stacked my tongue to him.

 

                Minki was the only close friend that I have in college. We knew each other since last year after I move into the café. He was one of our regular customers.  We become closer after he asked me to help him purposed to a girl that he liked in our café. Haera unnie was very excited about it. So we helped him out. Decorating the café with beautiful red roses and stuffs. It was very sweet. He won the girl’s heart and became my best friend later.

 

                He went back to Busan last week because his father was sick and now he’s back. Although he annoys me all the time, but still, I’m so glad when he’s around me. It’s hard for me to make friends with anyone because I don’t trust people easily. But when I trusted someone, that person must have gained my 100% faith. Minki knew about my crush on Jongdae. But he always thought that I should find someone better.

 

                “So how’s your dad? Is he alright?”

 

                “Yeah. He’s getting better. I don’t want to comeback yet, but my mom insisted me too. She said that I’ve missed too many classes.”

 

                “Glad he’s alright.”

 

                “Anyway, you still haven’t told me why are you wearing all-black today?”

 

                “Don’t ask. I don’t like the idea of you laughing at me for the whole day if I tell you why.”

 

                “Oh, come on! Tell me. I haven’t been laughing for a week you know.”

 

                “It’s a camouflage.”

 

                “From what?” Minki looked confuse.

 

                “Everyone!”

 

                “Well, I don’t think it works you know because everyone that sits around you right now are wearing light color cloths.”

 

                I turned around and looked at everyone that were seating near us. Minki was right. Damn it.

 

                “Whatever. I don’t care.”

 

                “Is it because of him?” Minki pointed his finger at the person who just walked in.

 

                It’s Jongdae. I nodded.

 

                “Wow! What happened girlfriend? Tell me!” Minki was excited and I don’t like excited Minki because it’s creepy.

 

                “He said ‘hi’ to me yesterday and I passed out.”

 

                “In front of him?”

 

                “Yeah.”

 

                I knew what’s gonna happened next. On the count of three. One, two, thr……

 

                “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!”

 

                Just great.

 

                “Thanks for the laugh bro. I ‘appreciate’ it much.” I punched his shoulder.

 

                “Sorry. Are you really that nervous in front of him?”

 

                “Yes! Didn’t I tell you before?”

 

                “So how was his reaction after that?”

 

                “I told you I passed out. How could I ever know how he looked like after that?”

 

                “Oh, right. Of course. Silly me.”

 

                “He ripped his pants in front of me a day before.”

 

                I was thinking to myself, why did I tell him about it at that time? Because Professor Sung just walked into the hall a few seconds ago. But it was too late.

 

           “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!”

 

                Everybody in the hall was looking at our direction right now, including Jongdae. I could see he giggled with his friends. My camouflage just failed. Thanks a lot Minki. 

 

***********************