Twenty-sixth Candy

Annyeong Kim Jongdae!

 

                  I quickly stopped my scooter at the junction that heading towards the college entrance since the traffic light was on red. I’m on a hurry! Come on! I think Jongdae had waited me for too long and I didn’t think leaving your new boyfriend waiting for you on the first day after you officially confessed to him is such a brilliant idea. Oh God, I hate myself today! My head was filled with Minki and Minki and Minki and Minki until I forget about Jongdae.

 

                 Suddenly a red Volkswagen Beetle beside me lowered down its tinted window and a woman of around my age showed off her face from the driver’s seat and looked at me. It was Minki’s girlfriend.

 

                “Hey! I wanna talk to you!” she shouted to me because of the loud engine sound from the other vehicles around us.

 

                “I’m on a hurry! Don’t have time! Later okay?” I shouted back.

 

                “No! I wanna talk to you now!”

 

                Damn this woman. Don’t you understand when I said I’m on a hurry?

 

                “I can’t! Sorry!”

 

                Blessed God because the traffic light turned green at the moment I finished shouting back at her. So I quickly daubed my scooter gear and zoomed my way to the college entrance. I thought I was fast enough but how can a lowly scooter beat a peachy Volkswagen? She was a lot faster than me of course! She knew where I was heading so she cut my way and blocked me abruptly when we both reached the entrance.

 

                I managed to press the break and stopped just a few centimeters from her dashing car. I cursed, get off from the scooter and removed my helmet.

 

                “What the hell is wrong with you?! Are you nuts?!” I yelled at her as soon she got off the car.

 

                “I told you I wanna talk to you. So you leave me no choice.” She spoke arrogantly.

 

                The hell !

 

                “Fine! Now talk! I’m giving you two minutes. ONLY!” I grinned at her.

 

                “Great. My first question, where is Minki? I called him last night for a hundred times but he didn’t even pick it up once. I went to his house this morning but he wasn’t there. And I’m pretty sure you know where the hack is he right?” she smirked at me with her diva look. Yucks!

 

                I sighed. “Sorry, but I don’t.”

 

                I didn’t like lying to people. But sometimes, when it was unnecessary to be honest, I lied.

 

                “Really? Are you hiding something from me?”

 

                “No. I’m not. Oh, look! Your two minutes just ended. Gotta go!”

 

                I put on my helmet and tried to get on to me scooter when suddenly I felt someone grabbed my arm.

 

                “Not so fast girlfriend. I haven’t finished yet.”

 

                “Let go of me! I’m on a hurry okay?!” I snapped my arms from her grip but she didn’t budge.

 

                “You tell me where the hell is my boyfriend than I’ll let you go!” she yelled straight to my face.

 

                Damn it ! That’s it, you pulled the trigger enough. I’m gonna explode now!

 

                “Fine! So you wanna know why he didn’t tell you where he went?! Why he didn’t answer all of stupid calls?! You really wanna know why?! Because he never thinks that you understand him enough! Because he never really loves you! Never! Because he thinks that you are the worst girlfriend ever! You and your stupid diva style annoy him every day! Do you even realize that?! No! Why? Because you believe that you are good enough for him! But the truth is, NO!”

 

                Minki’s girlfriend froze and stared at my eyes in bewilderment.

 

                OH MY GOD. What did I just said?! No, it was not true! That wasn’t what Minki thought of her! It was what I thought of her!

 

                She let go of my arm and turned around walking back slowly to her car without saying anything. She looked so shocked with what I stupidly blurted out just now.

 

                This is not good. No. I have to explain.

 

                “Hey, wait. I….I didn’t mean to say that. No. I mean, Minki never said that. I wasn’t thinking clearly just now.”

 

                I tried to grab her hand but she managed to raise her tinted window again first so I could not reach her. I knocked her window for a few times to tell her that I need to explain what I said just now but she did not seem to care. I could see her eyes were glistening with tears before she started off the Volkswagen’s engine and drove away leaving me standing alone in the middle of the road absent mindlessly.

 

                What have I done? No.

 

*************