Thirty-eight

Annyeong Kim Jongdae!

 

 

- RE-UPLOADING THE LAST TEN CHAPTERS BACK - 

 

                I was sitting in front of my dressing table adorning myself. Today was Sunday so Jongdae and I were going for another usual weekend dates like we always do. It’s 9.45 am and Jongdae will come to pick me up at 10.30 am. So I still got 45 minutes to get myself ready. I was wearing my usual cloth for today, nothing special. Just a ruffle pink blouse and a pair of skinny jeans. Jongdae said that simple looks better for me. Suddenly my phone rang and it was a text from Jongdae.

 

~I think I’m gonna be a little. Please wait for chen-chen okay?~  

 

                Chen-chen? I chuckled. He really does like to use that name a lot. He said it made him sounds cute. Well, I couldn’t deny that. I quickly replied his text afterwards.

 

~Ok chen-chen. I’ll wait. But don’t be too late okay?~

 

                I put my cellphone back on the table and suddenly my eyes got the glimpse of the pink ice-cream phone strap that was hanging on it. I smiled. Jongdae was still using his too. I could still remember our first, I mean second date. It was simple, but it was beautiful. The ice-cream, the spoon kiss prank, the couple bicycle, the sunset and of course the confession. Everything was still fresh inside my mind.

 

                It’s already been six months since I could remember the last time Jongdae got into a fight because of me which also means that it’s already been half a year for us together. What had happened for the past six months wasn’t really interesting to tell. Jongdae and I became more understanding to each other so there weren’t any conflicts happen between us. He even increased the number of times I can mention Minki’s name in a day from twice to thrice. But sometime I just ignored his whine when I say Minki’s name more than what I supposed to in front of him because he looks super cute when he got jealous.

 

                Jongdae decided to help Haera unnie and Jungshin oppa with the café so he asked them to employ him although I knew that he just wanted to use that chance to spend more time with me. So they agreed and accepted him as one of the workers. If before this I could only see Jongdae in college, now I could see him like almost 24-hours a day. I didn’t use Jungshin oppa’s scooter anymore to go to college because every morning, Jongdae will wait for me in front of the café with a smile and we both will walk to the campus together. Minki always pulls an annoying face every time he bumped to us on his way there too. He said that we’re looked like king crabs. Always together anywhere, everywhere, and every time.

 

                Talking about Minki, he’s currently found a new lover. Remember the waitress at the ice-cream shop? Minki said that he was walking back home from college one day when suddenly he saw her giving food to the stray cats in front of the ice-cream shop. Minki said girls who love animals always make him nervous. So he straight away asked her out. After a few dates, he proposed her (in Blossom Café again) and they’re official. I kinda like her so much more than Minki’s previous girlfriend because she was so nice and sweet and kind and more importantly, no diva style. She even gave us free ice-cream every time Jongdae and I stopped by at the ice-cream shop.

 

                Haera unnie and Jungshin oppa were also getting happier. Well, they never had any problems before so their relationship was kinda boring and plain until last month when suddenly Haera unnie fell sick for a few days. She was puking like every thirty minutes and it was worrying Jungshin oppa like hell. So they went to the clinic to check her condition but surprisingly it turned out that Haera unnie was pregnant! Everybody was happy for them of course. Looks like the Blossom family will get a new member after this. Haera unnie wanted a girl but Jungshin oppa wanted a boy. I hope it’ll be a boy too but Jongdae hope it’ll be a girl. Minki said he hoped it’ll be a twin, so that everybody will be happy.

 

                Suddenly a knock on the door made me aware from my day dreaming so I quickly stood up and answer it.

 

                “Morning honey! Breakfast’s ready. Let’s eat.” Haera unnie greeted me with a smile as I opened the door.

 

                “Unnie, how many times did I tell you, you don’t have to climb up here to call me? Just give me a text. I don’t want you to be tired.” I smiled back at her.

 

                “Well, I need to do some morning exercise. Climbing up the stairs is one of the best things to do. Even the doctors recommending it.”

 

                “But what if you slip and fall? Who knows right? It’s dangerous.”

 

                “I’ll be just fine. You worried too much. Come on, let’s go downstairs. The baby’s hungry.” She patted my shoulder.

 

                “Fine. Let’s go.”

 

                I followed her downstairs and I saw Jungshin oppa sitting at table 12, waiting for us.

 

                “The pancakes are getting colder.” He smiled at me.

 

                “Erm~ My favorite.” I snuffed the smell of hot pancakes with butter and maple syrup on top as we approached table 12.

 

                “Are you going to wait for Jongdae first?” Jungshin oppa asked.

 

                “No. He said he’ll be here a little late, so I guess I he must’ve taken his breakfast before.”

 

                “Ok. So let’s eat.”

 

                So the three of us sat and ate our breakfast peacefully, facing the beautiful green landscape from the glass window. It was a pleasant morning and the weather looks so good. We were chatting and laughing happily until I didn’t realized that it was almost 11.00 am until someone rushed into the café and shouted my name. It was Minki.

 

                “akdldjskadjskl…” he was sweating and panting heavily.

 

                “Minki, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” Jungshin oppa grabbed his arm and brought him a chair to sit.

 

                Minki couldn’t speak properly as he was still gasping for oxygen. So Jungshin oppa gave him a glass of water to calm him down. Suddenly I felt a chill all over body. Whatever the reason that made Minki came to us like that I got a feeling that it won’t be a good one.

 

                “Feeling better? Ok, now speak.” Jungshin oppa put the glass back on the table.

 

                Minki was still panting. “It’s….Jong…dae..”

 

                I felt like my whole body just struck by lightning when I heard Minki spoke his name.

 

                What happened to my Chen-chen?

 

                “What happened to him?” I asked. I could feel my hands were starting to tremble.

 

                “Acci…d…”

 

                “What?”

 

                “Acci…dent…” Minki finished his word.

 

                I froze. Now my whole body was shivering.

 

                Did Jongdae just have an accident? No!

 

                “How did you know?!” I yelled at him.

 

                “Someone called me using his number, saying that if I know the owner of this number because he just had an accident!”

 

                I fell on the floor and tears rolled down my cheek at the same time.

 

                Is that what he means by ‘a little late’ just now? No, this can’t be happening. Jongdae is fine. I know he is. Please don’t take him away again. No, please don’t. God, no.

 

                “Did that person told you where is Jongdae now?” Haera unnie asked.

 

                “He told me that the ambulance just take him away. He’s probably at the hospital by now.”

 

                “Ok, now everyone into the car. I’ll go grab the keys.” Jungshin ordered.

 

                I could feel Minki grabbed my arms and help me walked to the car. The only thing in my mind right now is Jongdae. I don’t wanna loose him anymore. Not now. Not forever. No. Please.