Thirty-fifth Candy

Annyeong Kim Jongdae!

 


- RE-UPLOADING THE LAST TEN CHAPTERS BACK - 

 

                Knock! Knock!

 

                I was just about to close my eyes for a short nap when suddenly someone knocked over my door. I thought it was Haera unnie, asking me to go down and take my dinner but to my surprise when I opened the door I saw Minki stood in front me holding a box of Bon Bon chocolates which he knew was my favorite.

 

                “Feel like eating chocolates?” he smiled and lifted the chocolate until it was the same level as eyes.

 

                “Get in.” I smiled back and let him come in.

 

                “I’m really sorry about the other day you know. Didn’t mean to do that to you.” He spoke as he put the chocolate on my desk.

 

                “It’s okay. It was my fault after all.”

 

                “Well, that part is true. It is your fault she left me. “ Minki chuckled.

 

                “Ok, fine. I’m sorry too. Satisfy?” I threw a pillow to his face.

 

                “Easy sister. I love my handsome face. Gonna need it to find a new girlfriend you know.”

 

                I chuckled. “So you’re really done with her?”

 

                Minki sighed. “I tried to explain to her a couple of times that you didn’t intend to say that, but still, she refused to accept it. I thought she was so sad about it, that’s why she could not easily believe what I said. But yesterday when I went to her house to meet her, I saw her with her ex-boyfriend. So yeah, I’m done with her.”

 

                “Wow. She gets over you fast.”

 

                “It’s not the first time I saw them together, already a few times. But I just acted like I don’t care. Maybe she’s already wanted to break up with me long ago, but there wasn’t any perfect timing to do that until you accidently blurted out things that I never even say before that day so she used that to dumped me. That’s my conclusion.”

 

                I never thought Minki was that cool. I mean, how can he act like nothing ever happen although he had seen his girlfriend with other guy for a few times already? He never even told me about it before. This whole time he just kept praising her like she was some kind of angel in front of me.

 

                “So you wanna thank me for helping you get rid of her?”

 

                “Hey, I didn’t mean that. I still like her okay.”

 

                “Don’t be such a jerk Minki. She didn’t even like you anymore.”

 

                Look who’s talking. I’m advising Minki about something that I did myself? You’re such a loser.

 

                “Well, love can turn people into a jerk you know. Anyway, I haven’t heard anything about you and Jongdae. He’s good?”

 

                “I don’t wanna talk about him.”

 

                I almost forgot about him just now but then suddenly Minki asked me that so all the memories about what happened today and the days before came back into my mind. Minki could see my expression turned gloomy. I don’t wanna talk about Jongdae anymore.

 

                “Hey what’s wrong? What happen?”

 

                “It’s too complicated and I don’t want to start. The only thing you should know, that I’m done with him too.”

 

                Honestly, I don’t like to say that. I don’t wanna say that I’m done with him. Because I know, from the bottom of my heart, I still love him. But when I remembered back what he said in the class this morning, the feeling of love quickly change into the feeling of hatred.

 

                “What?! Are you kidding me? Hey, you guys had just been together for just about a week right? And now you’re telling me it’s over? Did he do something to you?”

 

                I could see Minki’s over protective character was starting to appear and I didn’t like it.

 

                “No, he didn’t do anything to me. Look, I don’t wanna talk about him anymore okay. So, let’s just change the subject.”

 

                “Not until you tell me what happened between you and him. Did you left him or vice versa?”

 

                That’s the toughest part to answer.

 

                “Minki, please. I had enough mental breakdowns today.”

 

                “So something happened today too?”

 

                “Damn it Minki! Do you think it was easy for me to accept all of this?! Yes! He’s the one that left me! He said that he couldn’t forget his late girlfriend and he felt guilty towards her so that’s why he left me! And today, he leisurely told the whole class that he’s the one that dumped me and then everyone ended up laughing at me like I was a pathetic-desperate-crazy-stalker that begged for his love! If you think these past few days were awful for you, it was the same for me too! I can’t eat, I can’t sleep and I can’t even concentrate on anything! With you ignoring me, and he’s leaving me, I don’t have anyone by my side! Thanked God I still have Haera unnie and Jungshin oppa to give me support and cheered me up. So please, I don’t wanna talk about Jongdae anymore. I hate him. I hate him so much.”

 

                I thought I couldn’t cry anymore, but then suddenly I felt my cheeks were wet. Minki stood in front of the desk, frozen after hearing what I said. I could see anger in his eyes as he stared at me. Then suddenly he walked out, leaving me inside the room but I quickly followed him.

 

                “Where are you going?” I asked him as I wiped away my tears.

 

                “To meet Jongdae.” From his voice, I knew he was clenching his teeth, holding back his anger.

 

                “Minki, I know what you’re thinking right now, but please don’t. You’ll just make everything worst! He didn’t even like me anymore, and you can’t change what he feels.”

 

                Minki stopped and turned to me. “At least I could make him suffer like what he did to you!”

 

                I was taken aback when he yelled at me. Why is he so angry?

 

                “He promised me to take care of you! To not letting you get hurt after that incident on your first date! And now he’s the one that hurting you! So do you expect me to just stand here and do nothing?!”

 

                I was speechless.

 

                “So don’t follow me okay? Just stay here.”

 

                Then he left. I prayed he won’t do anything crazy.