Eighteenth Candy

Annyeong Kim Jongdae!

 

                 “Hi.” Jongdae bowed and smiled at everyone in the café.

 

                “Feeling better Jongdae?” Haera unnie smiled back at him.

 

                “Yeah. Much more. Where is……..”

 

                “She’s over there bro.” Minki put his hand on Jongdae’s shoulder.

 

                Jongdae turned around and saw she was sitting on the chair beside the glass window. He could see she was smiling at him as soon as their eyes met. He smiled back. Then he looked at Minki that was standing beside him.

 

                “Sorry for yelling at you yesterday dude.” Minki chuckled.

 

                “It’s okay. No big deal.” Jongdae smiled.

 

                “Ok, go and finish your business over there. See ya.” Minki walked out of the café and left.

 

                Jongdae smiled at her as he approached table 12. She smiled back at him.

 

                “Looking good.” She spoke as he pulled the chair that Minki used just now.

 

                “You too.” He chuckled.

 

                “You’re okay?” she asked.

 

                “Yes. You don’t have to ask me twice.” He chuckled.

 

                Jongdae did not look at her when he said that. Instead he was staring at the beautiful green landscape outside the glass window. The oak tree looked just perfect, shading the whole yard from the hot sun.

 

                “It’s beautiful. The landscape.” his eyes were still fixed on the enormous oak tree.

 

                “I know. That’s why I love sitting here.” She was looking at the tree too.

 

                “So you love nature?” He asked.

 

                “Who don’t?”

 

                Jongdae took a deep breath and let it go slowly. Then he asked.              

 

                “Don’t you wanna ask me anything?” he stared at her face, waiting for a reply.

 

                “About what?” she turned her head facing him.

 

                “So you’re not curios why I turned into Mr. Hyde yesterday?”

 

                She chuckled. “I am. But I won’t ask you if don’t want me too.”

 

                “I didn’t say that you can’t.” he smiled.

 

                “Ok. So tell me, why you turned into a crazy guy yesterday? And why did you cried?”

 

                Jongdae turn his head facing the glass window again. He stared at the big oak tree again. He had carried this guilt for four months and he knew that he could not hold it any longer. He needs to tell someone about it, not to lift the burden, but just to make it feel lighter. He needs a person to share and understand his position and he could feel that she was the right person.

 

                “I never speak about this anymore after I moved here. But I feel like I should tell someone.”

 

                “What is it?” Jongdae could see a curious look on her face.

 

                He sighed heavily and begun.

 

                “It was four months ago. Before I came here.”

 

***************