A Sad Discovery.

A Careless Mistake

 

I’ve been meeting Rae for the past two months. In all honest truth, we really had a lot in common. I was almost taken aback by it; we had the same favourite authors, music artists, same taste in food and wine. Sometimes, I forgot she was the one I had to take revenge on. I was losing my concentration whenever I was around her.  

I could tell she was interested in me as I was “interested” in her. Today was the day I am going to ask her to be my girlfriend so I could get her to be closer to me, to trust me further.

Eventually she will trust me wholeheartedly and that is my goal. She will have no one to run to, she was my prey and I was her predator.

But there’s been something in her that struck me, her smile.

 No matter how badly I could think of her, her smile makes me forget about everything. Every revenge plan I was setting for that day seemed to disappear the moment her lips curled and broke into a smile for me to see. Her smiling face was incredibly beautiful, I hate to admit that but it was so true.

We were supposed to meet at our usual restaurant for dinner and that’s where I want to ask her. I always reach early just in case if there’s any problems and so now I’m at the entrance of the restaurant, waiting for her.

“Kyuhyun!” I heard her voice as she called me.

I looked up immediately in the direction of the sound and was blown away. She looked gorgeous but she doesn’t know anything right?

She was wearing a sleeveless long black blouse then stopped at her hip with dark skinny jeans and heels. A simple long pendent necklace fell in front of her blouse as it swung while she walked towards me. Her left shoulder slung her small leather bag. Her bright smile was just pasted on her face and it was hard to not look away.

I smirked at her as I wave stupidly in her direction.

“Sorry, am I late?” She asked as she flipped her hair behind her shoulders. I shook my head, smiling.”Nope, we’re just on time, let’s go in. After you.” I said, gesturing for her to go in first.

She nodded her head with a smile and walked into the restaurant.

We sat opposite each other and we ordered our food. After the waiter left, I took out from my side a present and gave it to Shin Rae across the table.

“A present for me? What’s the occasion, Kyuhyun?” She asked curiously.

“Just opened it.” I said smoothly.

The previous time at the book fair, I saw Shin Rae staring at a book for a long time but she didn’t buy it so I guessed she must really liked it a lot so I got it for her instead.

“Oh my gosh! How did you know I wanted to get this book?” She squealed.

Okay, time to start acting.

I rubbed the back of my neck and started my scripted confession. “Erm, Shin Rae, I know we just met like for only two months but I-I really like you. Will you be girlfriend?”  I said as I looked down, pretending.

I heard a gasp and I looked up to see Shin Rae smiling back at me. “You know, I like you too. So yes, I will!” She replied happily.

I smiled back at her. One for her accepting my request, second for falling closer to my trap.

We got into this couple thing really quickly, or maybe it was just me, taking the initiative to hold her hand, to put my hand on her waist to bring her closer to me, to hug her from behind. It somehow came quite naturally.

She would take notice of all the small details, like if my tie was crooked, she would adjust it for me, or if there was something at mouth, she would wiped it away for me. All her touches seemed to be give me a shock every single time she did something. I knew I had to pretend to like her but what if I was actually really liking her?

No, Kyuhyun, you promised yourself that during this revenge plan, you cannot fall in love with anybody, especially Park Shin Rae.

She killed your parents; you’re back for revenge, not a matchmaking session. You cannot get soft-hearted just because she’s such a sweet and beautiful girl and what am I saying! Gosh! Get her out of your head.

 

Park Shin Rae’s POV

I’m so happy! I think I’m the luckiest girl ever on the planet! Who knew meeting someone in the bookstore would end up getting me a boyfriend? And a very good one too! I never thought something good would ever happen to me after that incident when I was young, when I witnessed a murder scene. I shook my head as the memories creep back.

Kyuhyun is the most caring and loving boyfriend ever! He shares similar interests with me which makes it more awesome. I told my best friend, Kim Mi and she too thinks that Kyuhyun is one of a kind.

We have been together for a few months but it seems like he knows me for years! I was so happy when he asked me to be his girlfriend! I thought a guy like him wouldn’t want to be with a girl like me. But he actually liked me too!

It’s been six months since that day he confessed, and every time I look at him, I still have that tingling feeling in my heart. Now, we’ve known each other for eight months! How time flies!

He’s bringing me out for dinner tonight! But he came over to my house earlier in the day to just hang out and watch movies before we leave for dinner.

He was sitting on the sofa, watching the movie when I went to bathe, now after bathing, he’s still there but he fell asleep.

Cheekily, I kneeled down next to the sofa, my faces inches away from him. I stared at his gorgeous face and leaned in to kiss him on his lips.

He’s always teasing me so I thought I would this time. Heh.

He suddenly kissed me back but very gently. I opened my eyes immediately and pulled away, embarrassed.

“My lips must have been so irresistible that someone had to kiss my even when I was sleeping.” He boasted.

I smacked his chest but he grabbed onto my hand and held it above his heart.

“Can you repeat that again?” He asked.

I laughed. “Look who’s the needy one now.” I said before bending over to kiss his lips again.

He smiled through the kiss and I pulled away. “I’m ready! Let’s go for dinner!”

He smirked and took my hand as we left my apartment and headed out for dinner.

I’ve never been to Kyuhyun’s house before, all this months, he’s the one coming over to my place but I’ve never went to his. Weird much.

During dinner, Kyuhyun went to the toilet but he left his phone on the table. Suddenly, it rang. I picked up the call casually since it was a private number.

“Hello, Mr Cho? Ms Park was at the beach that year when your parents died but there were no evidence found at that beach only a newspaper cutting but it has no mentioning of Ms Park either. I will continue to investigate and check through all her personal particulars and details once again. Her agenda for tomorrow will be-..”

I hung up the call.

Kyuhyun was keeping tabs on me? I didn’t understand.

Ms Park was at the beach that year when your parents died but there were no evidence found at that beach only a newspaper cutting but it has no mentioning of Ms Park either.”

The beach? His parents? No. It can’t be. Don’t tell me the couple I saw being shot by a masked person was his parents?

Wait, hold on a minute.

Did Kyuhyun plan all this? Did he plan to meet me from the very start? Maybe that’s why all our interests are the same! Because he already knew about them! He planned everything!

I slumped back into my seat, no more appetite to continue eating the delicious food in front of me. I was completely shocked and confused. Angry and frustrated.

How can Kyuhyun do that? How can he play with my feelings for eight months! I was so stupid. Now that I think about that, I fell in love with a complete stranger because he was acting, there was no such person at all.

I was fooled for almost a year. But why did he want to do this? If he planned to meet me from the very beginning, why did he plan all this? What’s his motive for doing so?

And I stupidly thought he really liked or loved me too. Gosh, I was such a silly woman.

I quickly place his phone back at the original position as I saw Kyuhyun coming out from the washroom area.

I have no idea how to face him. I was definitely very angry.

The moment he came back to his seat with the smirk on his face, I couldn’t take it.

“Kyuhyun, I’m not feeling well. I ‘m going to go.”  I stammered as I quickly got up.

“Shin Rae, is everything alright?” I heard him call but I was already out of the restaurant as I quickly flagged down a cab and went home in tears.

I didn’t call him the next few days. He kept on calling, messaging, leaving voice mails for me to hear.

“Rae, the moment you hear this, call me.”

“Shin Rae, I’m worried sick. Are you okay?”

“Rae, did I do something wrong? Call me.”

“Rae sweetie, please contact me soon! I’ve no idea what’s going on. I’m worried.”

But I was so sick and tired of all of them; I plugged out my house phone line and I switched off my mobile phone.

I didn’t even give him a chance to explain, was I too hard on him? But he planned everything from the beginning till now!

I knew there’s been something wrong, how could my entire relationship be so smooth sailing? I sneered at myself.

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

I've been in a relationship with Shin Rae for eight months already. I’m falling deep and I’m falling hard. I’m in love with Shin Rae, or Rae. I like to call her that.

I know I broke my promise but she’s the most wonderful and beautiful person I’ve ever met.

She’s beautiful on the outside and beautiful on the inside. I really can’t find anything that would make her want to kill my parents.

And I know how much I need her in my life because right now, she’s not answering and talking to me. I have no idea what’s going on.

After that dinner, she just left. I had no clue.

Did I let out something I wasn’t supposed to let her know?

I’m super worried; I don’t even want to take revenge anymore. I want to just forget about this revenge thing altogether and be with her for the rest of my life.

Suddenly my phone beeped. It was a message from Rae! My heart skipped a beat and I smiled but the moment I read the message, I frowned. 

“Kyuhyun, I want a break-up.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers! I know this story is progressing a bit fast because this is my first time writing such a dark version of such stories! Forgive me! But the best is yet to come! Please subscribe, be my friend, COMMENTTTTTTTTTTT what you think!

About Kyuhyun parent's death, it will come out soon! Heh.  

Wheeeee, 20 subscribers already! I love you guys. Continue to support! 

 

Xoxo.